Author Topic: Marrying a foreigner  (Read 410 times)

J.warner

• Junior GirlTalker
Marrying a foreigner
« on: September 25, 2019, 08:29:41 am »
Sissies can you share your experience if youre filipina with a foreigner hubby.

1. Where did you decide to get married? If overseas, why?
2. If sa Pinas, how did you prepare the marriage requirements? Ang dami kasi.
3. Did you bring your in laws to Pinas?

Im torn if we should marry in Sydney or Manila. My parents passed away already but I have siblings & few friends. Gusto din namin maexperience yung tinikling or bamboo dance on our wedding 😊

His parents are still alive and im sure they want to personally be there on his wedding especially hes the youngest & their only son. But theyre in their mid 70s and I know its a big hassle for them to travel pa.

Hub said we can marry in both countries. But I prefer 1 celebration lang especially its just a small celebration maybe 50-60 guests.
Any insights is appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:32:45 am by J.warner »

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Marrying a foreigner
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 08:47:00 am »
^If I were in your situation, I would marry where majority of my guests are coming from.

One of my close friends got married in Batanes last March. She married a Scottish guy and they flew in his parents and brother but everyone else is from here na. They had about 40-50 guests because not everyone was willing to spend for flights and accomodations.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

sturmfrei

• GirlTalker
Re: Marrying a foreigner
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:10:01 am »
I'm marrying one pa lang, pero maybe we have a different case kasi we live in different countries right now. We plan to have a civil wedding this year abroad & we're only planning to invite the parentals & if makakapunta siblings then better. Easier for us kasi mag civil muna & easier yung processing if abroad gagawin, compared sa Pinas na required pa presence nya & mas matagal yung processing.

We're planning to do the church wedding in Pinas siguro in 2 years (if we won't have a baby pa by then) to celebrate with my relatives & friends. I think pupunta din in-laws ko & friends nya for that, whoever is willing to come here.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close