Author Topic: Does my husband's smoking habit affects my pregnancy?  (Read 215 times)

jess7436

• Probationary
Does my husband's smoking habit affects my pregnancy?
« on: September 24, 2019, 01:02:27 pm »
Hi there, I am Jess. I am looking for some advice. I am four months pregnant now. My husband is a smoker, and I am quite worried if his habit will affect the health of my baby. He wants to quit smoking, and he tries hard but he can't. So we decided to take help from a rehab. We even spoke to a counselor at a rehab named Freedom from Addiction. But the thing is that if he has to take up an in-house treatment, it will be difficult. I want him to be with me. So is there anything else we can do about this? I don't know what to do. It would be great if someone can help me with your valuable suggestions. Thank you.

mrs_mcta

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Does my husband's smoking habit affects my pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 01:56:49 pm »
Hi sis, second-hand smoking is actually worst than actually smoking yourself.

I guess the motivating force behind his decision is really your health & kay baby. Some of the health conditions associated with being exposed to second-hand smoke are a miscarriage, low birth weight, early birth, learning or behavioral deficiencies in your child, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS); hindi pa ba enough yung ganyan na nakakatakot na effects?

Aside from second-hand smoke, meron pang third-hand smoke... Effects in pregnant women If you're pregnant, third-hand smoke exposure can also affect your unborn baby. Whether you breathe in or touch surfaces with chemical residue, you're at risk of taking in toxins from the smoke into your bloodstream. This can then transfer over to the fetus.

I was a smoker & mag 3 years nako nag quit, ang nag motivate sakin is mas gusto ko mabuntis kesa mag yosi.

Ang napansin ko na pinaka-effective is cold turkey, as in quit na agad agad. Hindi kase nag wowork yung, magbabawas every day kase parang ginaganahan ka pa din tapos eventually, ilang linggo ka na nag babawas, hindi  ka pa din tumitigil.

For my husband, nag switch siya to vape and then iqos. It still gives him the sensation of "smoking" without the tar; though iqos still has a bit of nicotine.

I hope maka-quit si hubby mo for your baby's sake & syempre sa health na din niya.
mrs. a. || eleven.twelve.thirteen

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close