Author Topic: Anxiety During Pregnancy  (Read 212 times)

dancingpixie

• Probationary
Anxiety During Pregnancy
« on: September 04, 2019, 02:53:48 pm »
Anyone ever experienced irrational/unexplained anxiety during pregnancy?

This is my 2nd baby and it's unplanned.  Logically, we are at a "right" time na to have  a baby and technically, we are more prepared for this pregnancy (we are now married, stable jobs, more mature, appropriate age, etc) compared sa 1st one namin.  Marami sa ka age group namin (mid 30s) ngayon are having babies.  My hubby and I decided na we were done with our only child who is now 14 years old.  Pero we found out we were pregnant. 

At first I was in shock.  I was experiencing insomnia for 2 weeks prior to finding out (baka pregnancy symptom?).  After finding out na preggy kami, na aggravate yung insomnia ko and nagkakaroon ako ng panicked feeling right when matutulog na ako.  Kapag nagigising ako in the middle of the night, para akong nag papanic. Di ko alam bakit or anong trigger basta panic feeling lang.

I went to a therapist and sabi niya baka yung lack of sleep ang naging trigger sa anxiety plus pa yung pregnancy hormones.  Di siya makaprescribe ng meds kasi preggy so may mga positive affirmations, sleep hygiene practices and relaxation techniques siyang pinagawa. Natakot lang ako na baka maging post partum depression ito.

Anyways, anyone else ever felt this?  Anyone na nagka-unplanned pregnancy, how did you come to terms with it?

FayeP

• mom of three boys
  • Super GirlTalker
  • life's good!
Re: Anxiety During Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 10:20:21 pm »
^sis dito sa 4th pregnancy ko (currently on my 28th weeks), masasabi kong unplanned din kasi hininto ko lang yun birth control pills ko dahil nagkaallergies ako...then boom! so at first aminado akong ayoko na talaga sana, saka ang liit pa kasi ng bunso ko, 2 yrs old pa lang so I feel so guilty na may kasunod agad siya...parang di pa ako nagkaron ng maraming time for my bunso tapos sa bagong baby na mababaling attention ko...

pero since andito na to, wala naman ako magagawa di ba...kaya kelangan tanggapin...pero nagulat din ako sa sarili ko na during my first transV ultrasound eh excited pa din pala ako sa bagong baby...kaya ayun start nun natanggap ko na din...then I found out that I am having a girl,
 ako lang ata ang mommy na ayaw magkaron ng anak na babae kasi I was hoping na another boy sana....pero ayun ulit, wala na magagawa so kelangan tanggapin....sa ngayon masabi kong excited na din talaga ako sa bagong baby ko...can't wait for November..
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
                                     -Psalm 18:2

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Anxiety During Pregnancy
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 08:04:05 am »
HI, DancingPixie. I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby and this isn't planned as well. I found out I was pregnant a month after my mother passed away and while we are happy with it, lunod na lunod kase ko sa emotions because of my mother's death.

Kame yung type ng couple na lahat naka plan, lahat structured, and all our decisions n life, pinag uusapan ng  madameng beses. We are also very stable, quite comfortable and hold managerial positions at work. Pero syempre hinde lang naman puro pera ang kelangan. I get what you're feeling and it's alright to feel that way. After 14 years, I'm sure it can be overwhelming.

Yoga helps with anxiety sis. Try mo mga pre natal yoga that you can follow at home. It helps with proper breathing and relaxing your body kase. Everytime na I get stressed (and this pregnancy, andame ko stress to the point na 3x nako nabe bed rest), I go to our room and lock the door tapos I just keep quite and just breathe. Also, don't be afraid to talk to your hubby about what makes you anxious or worried. Saken kase, iba ang effect ni huby. Kahit  buong mundo magtry magpa calm down saken, walang effect. Pero pag sinabe ng husband ko na things will be okay, iba yung surrender ng body and emotions ko.

What you're going through is normal, sis. Just picture your baby in mind and foresee the things you will do when the baby comes out. Remember that what you feel, the baby feels too. Take care of yourself.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close