Author Topic: Is it okay to visit your fiance's family in the province?  (Read 515 times)

vixxen15

• Probationary
Is it okay to visit your fiance's family in the province?
« on: August 18, 2019, 11:06:02 pm »
Hi, id recently have this dilemma.. coz I am planning to go with my fiance to his province, so I can, first, take a tour around the province, and second meet his father...

however my mother, and sisters think that it is inappropriate and they do not want me to go there since we are not married yet.

need your opinion pls..

by the way im already 30 yrs old.. so i am really shocked why it is a big issue for them.
My sister think his father should be the one to visit me here in Manila... instead of doing it the other way..
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:08:14 pm by vixxen15 »

choco_loka

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Seasons of Life
Re: Is it okay to visit your fiance's family in the province?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 08:18:21 am »
Why not bring your sister along with you? It will probably put your mom at ease :)

FayeP

• mom of three boys and a princess
  • Super GirlTalker
  • life's good! praise the Lord!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:12:06 pm »
It's very much ok to visit his family, especially if you're invited.  There is nothing wrong with that, sis Choco_loka is right, maybe you can take your sister with you, so you will still have a "chaperone"..maybe your mom is just worried on how it will look like to your boyfriend's relatives and neighbors since you're not yet married, although I'm sure no one will be bothered by that, this is 2019 anyway and not 1905...
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
                                     -Psalm 18:2

heidzqb

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 01:52:32 pm »
Since his your fiance already I think it's time to meet his family. Maybe your mom is just worried because province is far.. or maybe they want to join you instead and meet the family of your fiance personally too.

ryanbrolin

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 11:35:33 am »
That's the thing you should do.
lenny face

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close