Author Topic: Italy Travel Guide Thread 2  (Read 929 times)

eischied_21

• is happy to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
Italy Travel Guide Thread 2
« on: October 09, 2018, 10:36:49 pm »
I already created a new thread since the first Italy Guide thread has reached the maximum page limit
https://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=239685.580

I've been to Italy (Milan, Florence, Venice and Rome) and this is my favorite country in Europe among the 5 countries (Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Belgium) that I visited last year.

Lets continue anything and everything about Italy here :)

mei-mei

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Italy Travel Guide Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 05:52:09 am »
Italy is easily everyone?s favorite country in EU because it is just so beautiful. My mistake before was getting a Schengen visa from Italy?s embassy. I realized it costs more than in other EU countries and they seem to be stingier with the number of days staying in Schengen visa? I don?t know but I always travel with the same number of days but got 3x the length of Schengen visa when I got it from France or Switzerland embassies vs. what Italy gave me before.

otra_vez

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:32:34 am »
I love, love, love Italy. It has everything-- beautiful beaches, history, art, culture, scenery that's just crazy beautiful. And the food!!!!! Someday I want to see Venice and more of Tuscany but my current great love is Lake Como.

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 10:59:05 am »
Traveled to Rome, Florence/Pisa, Venice, Milan, Lake Como/Bellagio. Plan to go to Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Amalfi and Pompeii.

Always stay on top of news before you travel to Italy. You don't want to get caught in any demonstrations should it occur. (I think this applies to any country you plan to travel to).

They currently have political unrest. As of writing, there's news of government collapse as their PM resigned from post.

eischied_21

• is happy to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 10:59:54 am »
And not to mention Italians are very warm.

Venice is damn so lovely!I didn't expect much on this city since so many copycats of Venice in SE asia like The Venetian Macau, McKinley in BGC, feeling ko may resemblance naman yun mga copycats vs. the actual Venice, but I was all wrong. I was in awe when I saw the city...so sooo beautiful!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 11:03:06 am by eischied_21 »

otra_vez

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 03:15:52 am »
^ kainggit! musta naman crowds and totoo ba na it floods? i really want to go to venice too and i super regret not including it in our previous trips. i find italians nice and warm too although i must say, the women can be mataray. i find italian women a bit less accommodating than the men.

i miss italy. i miss their cappuccino. i find a trip to italy is a really complete vacation because all your senses get satisfied. for example, i loved germany, it was beautiful but the food isn't all that  so something's missing.

minatay91

• A Whimsical, Lazy and Maarte
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 07:37:20 pm »
Any recommended drivers for rome?or private car hire with driver? Siguro mga half day lang.. i was quoted 45euros per hour and it's too much :'(
"The only shame in life is not having any."

Any typos I may have made is the direct result of me being lazy.

daviden5

• Probationary
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 03:18:56 pm »
 Italy Travel Guide will help you plan your trip to Greece. ... Italy Travel Basics | Places To Visit In Italy Our Italy Blog Posts .... There are so many different places to see in Italy, so I would recommend 2 weeks as a minimum, but ... Italy is part of the Schengen area, and as an Australian, you can enter the Schengen area .
https://surveyprize.net/

aranses

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 10:08:30 am »
@minatay91 will pm you driver/tourguide namin na pinoy sa rome.
Some of the greater things in life are unseen; that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry and dream :)

goddessella

• Junior GirlTalker
  • label jars, not people
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 07:35:24 pm »
And not to mention Italians are very warm.

Venice is damn so lovely!I didn't expect much on this city since so many copycats of Venice in SE asia like The Venetian Macau, McKinley in BGC, feeling ko may resemblance naman yun mga copycats vs. the actual Venice, but I was all wrong. I was in awe when I saw the city...so sooo beautiful!

I agree! everything is so photogenic. kahit saan ka lumingon, picture-worthy!

I really didnt have any expectations about Venice before going there, but oh my gosh. i left my heart in venice.

ang ayoko lang dun, crawling with tourists!

kireinachean

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 02:35:45 pm »
same here, i thought Venice is overrated but kinain ko ang words ko. We had day trip lang from Milan, we prebooked Italo, then may delay, nakalagay e after 40mins pa so we had coffee then pagbalik namin e umalis na daw, grabe ang frustrations ko kase we have 2 kids, plus the train medyo expensive din. At first ayaw ko na ituloy tho may return train ticket na din kame, my husband and sisters insisted on doing the day tour, Thank God they did kase ang ganda pala talaga, medyo mainit lang at walking talaga but sulit naman.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close