watch now

Author Topic: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)  (Read 3444 times)

yabutize

  • Guest
Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« on: September 26, 2018, 05:24:39 am »
Hi all! I'm not sure if there is an existing thread regarding this topic so pardon my post if it is redundant.

I'm about to turn 36 years old early next year and have two kids ages 9 and 7. My husband and I have been talking about trying for a 3rd. We spent the last 7 years kasi just enjoying our two kids and traveling the world (which we never got to do as bf-gf so bumawi lang kumbaga). We finally felt now is the time, ready na kami for a new addition. Medyo natatakot lang ako sa mga horror stories na mahirap na daw magbuntis past the prime age so I'm looking to share thoughts with mommas who had babies during their late 30's.

Is there anything I can do to help with our chances na makabuo? I heard it's more challenging to conceive one at this age. I have been going to the gym, attending fitness classes & working out for the last 6 weeks para physically ready na ako when the time comes (not that I'm overweight or anything, gusto ko to be healthy). Wala din ako medical conditions to worry about but 2 of 3 friends that I talked to, pareho nagkaroon ng gestational diabetes (could age have been a factor?).

So to any mommas out there, hope you can share your stories. I want to get inspired and ease my mind of any worries I have right now. I have an appointment next week with my OB so rest assured, I will have a medical professional guiding me through this journey. Iba lang kasi yung nakakarinig ng first-hand experiences. :)

mysecretself

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:29:39 am »
Hello! I first got pregnant at 35 and now I'm pregnant with my second child at 38. :)  The only preparation that I did was to have my PCOS resolved before I got married tapos go na (we had a honeymoon baby).

In my case, I didn't have horrible morning sickness or anything pero bed rest ako for more than a month kasi may subchorionic hemorrhage plus nakitaan ako ng contractions.  Pero everything was smooth sailing na pagtapak ng second trimester.  Gave birth at 38 weeks / 5 days via normal delivery. 

For my second, same with my 1st, bed rest pero two weeks lang. But these things can happen at any age, so there's a good chance din naman na you won't go through it like I did. Hopefully, uneventful din tong pregnancy na 'to.  I know of friends who gave birth ng mga ganitong age din (one just turned 40), and it turned out fine naman.

Good luck with your journey! I often wish I started earlier but then again I married late na rin. Hehe

amethyst028

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:01:09 pm »
^^i'm in my late 30's and madami akong classmates nung high school and college na nagkaka anak, yung iba first baby lang. so far ok naman wala naman nag po-post na parang hindi ok yung pregnancy nila.

I asked my ob and she said kung nagka anak ka na before having a child later is the same lang. Kung normal ka naman during your past pregnancy then there should be no problem. But of course dapat healthy ka pa rin. Not over weight, normal blood pressure and sugar.

iammechelle

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 01:25:48 pm »
Hello TS. Ako naman, I was 27 when I had my first child and 31 when I had my second child. They are now 9 and 5. I am now pregnant with my third child and I am already 36 years old. 

With my first, I had bed rest hanggang sa manganak ako noong 7 months na ang tiyan ko. Progressive kasi ang pag-dilate ng cervix, good thing nakuha lang ng Isoxilan and we managed to reach full term. Sa second naman, nag bedrest ako for 1 month kasi nagkaroon ako ng subchorionic hemorrhage. After ay easy breezy na ang pagbubuntis ko.

Ngayong ako ay 36 years old na, hindi naman kami nahirapan na buoin ito. Nataon ito na ginawa na fertile ako. So far, we are on our 9th week. Schedule ko na sa mga laboratory tests so hindi ko pa ma-share kung mataas ba ang sugar ko o hindi. Nararamdaman ko ay matinding hilo, suka from time to time, at sobrang sensitive ko sa smell. Praying and hoping that everything will be fine sa second trimester.

Pareho tayo ng mga worries Sis. Yung mga GD, pre-eclampsia, at iba pang complications since medyo hindi ako fit noong nabuntis ako. I-add mo pa na asthmatic ako.

 

yabutize

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 01:31:00 pm »
^^Wow, congrats on your 2nd pregnancy sis! I?m so glad to hear that things are going well for you & the baby

^Thank you sis! Yes, both pregnancies ko naman no complications. Delivered vaginally, about 3-3.5 weeks before my due date. Yun lang, I?m based abroad and difo, labeled na high-risk pregnancy agad basta over 35 ang mom. Nakakakot lang kasi pakinggan. My cousin is pregnant right now too at age 35 (3rd baby) and super dami daw tests na pinagawa ng OB nya. It added to my paranoia.

Anyway, thank you so much for your input. Did your doctors give you other supplements besides that prenatal vitamins?

yabutize

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 01:35:01 pm »
^^Congratulations din sis sayo! When is your due date? Do you know yet the gender? Sorry, chismosa ako. Haha. You mentioned kasi the baby was conceived when you were ovulating. I?m curious to know if true na malaki ang chance na maging boy if conceived on the day you?re ovulating. 2 girls kasi anak ko. We?re praying for boy sana this time. But of course, if Girl pa din, walang problema. Lol. ☺️

iammechelle

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 02:16:17 pm »
^Sis yabutize, hindi pa namin nakikita ang gender. Siguro pag 5-6months na saka pwede pa silipin ang gender. Pero based on my experience at mga pinaglihian, pareho noong sa boy ko. Like maalat, maasim at maanghang na lasa in one. At sobra ang mornig sickness ko. It would toll hanggang gabi at sobrang tamad ko. or baka attributed lang sa age at dahil hindi nga ako fit. Nahawa na ako sa paranoia mo. Lol!

Sige bigyan kita ng idea. August 4 ito ginawa. 15th day sa ovulation calendar ko. July 21 kasi ang LMP ko and I am super regular. Dapat meron na ako ng August 20 or 21 pero I missed my period, Then, August 28 when I checked, positive ;-) One time , big time ito actually, Sa loob nag-ejaculate si hubby. Ako kasi, ayoko na ng isa pa since i have one girl, one boy na. Pero makulit si hubby so ayun. Hahahaha. Pero if I remember it right, woman on top ito nabuo. So may possibility na hindi deep. Kaya baka girl, hehe. If TTC ka sis, aralin mo ang chinese calendar at right position to conceive a boy.

L6rcaster

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 09:09:43 pm »
Hi! This is my first pregnancy and im 36 years old. When we decided na its ?time? i started takig folic acid, pati si husband pinag take ko. My mens is regular naman, kaya we just followed the app kung saan makikita mo kelan ang ovulation, plus i bought yung mga tests to check if ur ovulating. So 1st try, nabuntis naman ako agad thank God.
As for the pregnancy journey, im already 18 weeks ngyon. So far im on pelvic rest kasi i had a big bleed at 9 weeks. Subchorionic hemorrhage din and may chronic hypertension din ako. I took time off from work, to avoid possibe stressors hehe. Trying not to overthink and enjoy this pregnancy.

yabutize

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 12:47:56 am »
^^Thank you sis! I'm researching na nga about the Chinese Calendar. Sana magkatotoo for us! Haha.

^Congratulations, sis! And do take care of yourself! I'm sure binubusog ka ni hubby mo with TLC. Do keep us posted sa condition mo. Hopefully, di mo na need mag bed rest after this episode. Ive been thinking na nga din of getting the ovulation kits. Pero hintayin ko na muna siguro yung appointment ko next week sa OB para I know exactly what to do. I didnt realize pwede din pala sa husbands natin yung Folic Acid. Sige, papa-inumin ko din siya.

Thank you all again for your stories. I'm getting more and more excited this journey! Target sana namin by December-January mag-start trying. I'm just trying to lose 8 lbs before then. Continue ko muna yung exercising and clean eating to improve my chances of a healthy pregnancy

L6rcaster

  • Guest
Re: Pregnancy after 35 (pls share your experiences)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 06:32:23 am »
Nabasa ko kasi dati, folic acid can increase sperm count and reduce birth defects kasi healthier daw ang sperm. Wala naman side effects so pinag take ko na din sya. Wala mawawala Naman. Also, if youre dyeing your hair, huwag ko kalimutan mag back to original color ka muna. Nakalimutan ko yan! Ombre ngayon ang hair color ko tuloy.
Good luck  sis! 😉

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close