watch now

Author Topic: Ladies, I need to hear your voices.  (Read 1290 times)

coffeejunkie18

  • Guest
Ladies, I need to hear your voices.
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:47:52 pm »
Hello ladies. I'm new to Girltalk although I've experienced using this in the past. Like, way way back. Today, I thought of using this as I really need people I can talk with.

So, let me cut to the chase and begin. My boyfriend of over 2 years is now in a rehab (due to substance abuse). Apparently, for 2 years, I didn't know about it until I had an opportunity to speak with one of his family members. He was a highly functional addict. Although there was a time that he admitted to using a substance but he told me that that was just one time and he (never) and will never do it again. So I trusted him. Our relationship, I would say was definitely not perfect. We would have arguments here and there and sometime even lead to being verbally abusive with each other. I thought that was normal. Anyhoo, that isn't actually my problem right now. He was checked in the rehab facility about 3 days ago and right now it is killing me. Like all these thoughts are running through my head and I know that I only want to be supportive of him in his recovery. He'll be in an 18-month treatment program. So, I honestly don't know how to begin again. Like, I miss him like crazy and all I want is to check on him and see him, talk to him and make sure he's ok. I haven't seen him and spoken with him since and I don't know when I will be able to. I pray every night that it'll be sooner. The last we talked, we were even not in good terms. All I want is just to be there for him. But I don't also know what to do now that he's not around.

Do you have any experience close to mine? If so, what did you do and what can you suggest? Thank you ladies and hoping I could hear from you soon.  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close