Author Topic: How to Help Your Child Cope When She's A Transferee  (Read 1411 times)

KVsWahmmy

• Wonder Wahmmy and
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I believe happiness is a choice. :)
How to Help Your Child Cope When She's A Transferee
« on: June 05, 2018, 11:11:43 am »
Hello mga sis!

I just wanted to ask for your tips...

My daughter is an incoming Grade 3 student, and she's transferring from an academic-centered traditional school (DLA in Molino) to Statefields School (multiple intelligences curriculum), and we are excited, but also still a bit nervous about it. I know there are a lot of exciting things in store for her, as she does have an inclination for a number of learning aspects including performing arts, Mathematics, and recently, science experiments. We decided to transfer because we know the new school has so much to offer in terms of giving her a more balanced, wholistic kind of education.

But still, it's definitely a new environment, being that she was in DLA from Nursery to Grade 2, and it has become her comfort zone. I asked her and she says kaya naman niya mag-adjust. She has a friendly and warm personality, so I absolutely believe she can (in terms of adjusting to new classmates). But I also want to be able to offer her some assistance (tips) in terms of adjusting to everything else (curriculum, new teachers, new demands, etc.).

Would certainly appreciate your insights! Thank you!
Everyday is worth waking up for :)

geekchiq

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: How to Help Your Child Cope When She's A Transferee
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:06:20 pm »
^Hi sis,  my daughter goes to Statefields as well. but she'll be on grade one pa lang naman. she transferred last year from a progressive pre-school. I can't vouch yet for the grade school setup in Statefields. But we're satisfied with the transfer. I think we made the right decision.

I talked to one of the mommies who has a grade schooler transferee. Coming from small school, her daughter had to adjust with the big class size of SSI. But since from DLA na kayo, no adjustment with that. I think your daughter would be more relaxed with SSI as major exams are not naman up to 100 items. Kids are not given too much homeworks. And the kids are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities.

I have fears pa rin naman since for big class size, bullying would definitely be present even minimal. But I think SSI's guidance counselors are ready to address those matters.

KVsWahmmy

• Wonder Wahmmy and
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I believe happiness is a choice. :)
Re: How to Help Your Child Cope When She's A Transferee
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 12:17:45 am »
Hi sis! Thank you for your reply! Almost similar din yata sis class size ng DLA and Statefields so I guess di naman sya mahirapan magadjust to that. :)

Everyday is worth waking up for :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close