watch now

Author Topic: Effects of birth control on breastfeeding?  (Read 1177 times)

reese17

  • Guest
Effects of birth control on breastfeeding?
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:13:30 pm »
Hi there.  Are there any moms who are breastfeeding and using the progestin-only pill?  My OB gave me a prescription but when I started to do my own research, I came across forums where moms said their milk supply went down after taking the pill.  Anyone else with the same experience? 

Thanks in advance!

shamppyshai

  • Guest
Re: Effects of birth control on breastfeeding?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:07:15 pm »
Hi. I think it depends on the pill, there are some pills na pwede sa nagpapa breastfeed like daphne and excluton, my ob prescribed daphne pills and wala naman syang effect sa bmilk ko, malakas pa rin basta keep yourself hydrated and try to eat yung mga lactation cookies or drink milo + unli latch, though the only effect sakin nung pill is yung hindi ako nagkaka period pero wala namang kaso sakin yun.  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close