Author Topic: Non traditional wedding reception  (Read 1627 times)

iamsheilar

• Probationary
Non traditional wedding reception
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:37:47 pm »
Hi ladies. Has anyone attended a non-traditional reception? We're getting married this December and we want to avoid sana [textspeak!] usual activities - awkward first dances, speeches etc. Gusto pa rin namin may program para may flow so hindi naman "lost" [textspeak!] mga bisita namin. Hindi rin kami kukuha ng paid emcee, maybe [textspeak!] best man or a friend na pwede. We'll have games, there will be a band, we want lots of singing and dancing. Any thoughts or ideas? If you are a wedding guest, ok ba sayo [textspeak!] ganito or you prefer the traditional?

nicachia

• Probationary
Re: Non traditional wedding reception
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 10:41:38 pm »
Hi Sis!!!
Do you have a florist na for your bridal entourage?

kaythrielle

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 10:33:48 am »
^^it?s your wedding so it?s your call. You can make it anyway you can. As long as you give your guests lots of delectable food and engaging entertainment, they will surely have fun. 😊

Maia_Cache

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:55:03 am »
same tayo sis, i also want may band and more of singing and dancing lang. Im still thinking how to make the program flow.

Frenchmeasles

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 05:53:17 pm »
Hello!

Planning to break away from some of the traditional portions of the program din.

1.) we're planning to serve the food agad as soon as the guests arrive. Will probably just allot 15 mins for registration and finding of seats then lunch agad. Side note: our ceremony is at 11:30 am so awkward time siya. Kaya once the guests arrive at 2 pm for sure gutom na sila. But I will be providing snacks for the road din after the ceremony. Takot akong magutom yung guests!

2.) we wont do the grand entrance. We're planning to greet and mingle with guests during lunch

3.) I want to sing to my H2b so instead of the first dance baka I'll sing na lang hehe. Planning to play our travel videos in the background ( in tune with the song)

4.) Also thinking of doing a duet with my dad instead of father daughter dance (concert ko talaga to eh haha)

5.) I want to do a first look din :) and probably do the wedding vows during the first look. Bawal kasi sa Church namin and I find it akward naman to do it in the reception. Para medyo private anf vows

So far yun palang. Baka we will retain the cake and wine traditions and of course the bouquet and garter toss.

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 06:02:29 pm »
iamshielar, if you want something unconventional for your reception make sure you hire a good emcee --- it will make or break your reception promise. Hire someone who can handle a crowd para walang kj :D

kaythrielle

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 09:27:39 pm »
And very important na huwag gutumin ang guests. Tama yan sis Frenchmeasles, serving the food agad 😄
Aside from good entertainment, i think all the guests are there naman talaga for the food. LOL

Frenchmeasles

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 09:36:57 am »
^ Truee. Pipiliin na lang namin ng maiigi guests namin para sure na di sila magieat and run.

Agree din kay sis simang na important ang emcee sis kahit pa non traditional yung wedding. Saka pa rin yung mga friends and entourage mo makapag enjoy na lang and sumali sa games

cjb

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 11:09:02 am »
Me! I just wanted to let our guest feel na we will be celebrating our marriage, so pagdating palang ng guests, may cocktails na, open narin yung mobile bar. Then we had our friends lang as emcees pero minimal lang ang script, just to welcome us and to call yung mga magbibigay message. After messages from parents of the groom and bride, MOH, and bestman, dinner na, then drinks na ulit. :) napansin ko 80% ng guests namin nagstay talaga, meaning naenjoy nila rin talaga kahit wala masyado program :)

Pinagbigyan ko lang mom ko doon sa pagslice ng cake, sayang raw. hehe we did it naman pero di na inannounce :D

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 06:40:14 pm »
My husband and I attended his close friend's wedding last Saturday and I'd say it was one of the best weddings we've ever been to. The groom is the son of a rich and prominent businessman/politician so I was expecting the works. The reception program was very short and concise, they focused more on the free flowing booze (high end liquor, cocktails, mocktails, etc) and party. Super saya! They had cocktails before dinner was served and don pa lang, sawa ka na sa wine, cocktails and what not. They also had so much cheese selections (sorry, im so addicted to cheese) and they served lechon baka during the cocktail hour :D

Hinde din sila yung typical wedding na gumastos sa stylist, very simple lang yung function hall sa Manila Polo Club but migosh, the topnotch menu of Hizon's. Super sarap ng food, hands down. Hinde din sila yung isa isang tatawagin table number to have a photo with the couple before kumain. They opened the buffet right away and didn't force the guests to have their photos taken.

They had a live band and a DJ after. Super party talaga and they rented Manila Polo Club from 4pm to 2am. No frills, no fuss, just a celebration of love and friendship.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

winkar22

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:51 am »
^ IMHO, that type of reception will work on that type of crowd (high-end peeps) :)

For me, think of what type of crowd will your guests be. Not to sound like a snob but I think this is reality. Example, if you would throw a reception like what @twelvth_goddess attended to a provincial setting/crowd. I don't think they will appreciate mocktails and cheese. For sure hahanapin din dyan yung traditions sa reception.

I attended a wedding na non-traditional and guests are puro friends na ka-age lang nila. As in. Parang isang table lang yung lahat ng relatives then the rest friends na. After dinner, speech lang ng parents then party na! Nag-enjoy kami kasi the couple mingled with everyone talaga then may live band din and free flowing beer. I don't think it will work out kung majority ng guests eh mga relatives (with kids, teens, aunties, uncles, etc).

Tip as well: Be firm as to who to invite. If hindi nyo talaga feel na invite ang isang kamag-anak and tingin nyo mag-eat and run lang, then don't. Yun yung isa sa lesson learned ko during our wedding. Lol.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close