watch now

Author Topic: Weight Gain Pregnancy  (Read 3791 times)

msdianne

  • Guest
Weight Gain Pregnancy
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:50:16 am »
Hi ladies. I?ve read and researched about right weight gain for pregnancy but it seem so hard to follow. I?m on my 18th week and gained around 8kg already.

Do you have specific diet or some varies because some friends just gained 2-3kg.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:31:39 pm »
^hi sis! I'm currently 26 weeks and I've gained 6.8 kg. from 49kg pre-pregnancy, 56kg na ako ngayon. But per my OB, on track naman ang weight gain ko. Also, yung babycenter na app, you can download it kasi there's a tracker there to check if you're still within the normal range of the proper pregnancy weight gain.

With regards to diet,  I see to it lang na I eat nutritious food and also, lagi ako kumakain ng sinabawang ulam - nilaga, sinigang, tinola. Linalagyan ko lang ng madaming gulay. There are cheat days especially pag nagcecrave ako ng banana que, chicherya, pancit canton haha pero madalang lang and bumabawi naman ako sa gulay and prutas.

Also, do not eat for two. Huwag mo isipin na dalawa kayong kumakain. Basta be keen lang on your food intake - dapat masustansiya. Advisable din if you eat into portions - 3 meals and 2 snacks para hindi ka gutom na gutom.

Lastly, be cautious on the food to avoid- raw fish and meat, processed meat, fresh oysters. Bawal mga yan.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:43:57 pm by exquisitegem »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 02:54:45 pm »
^^Don't be too hard on yourself. Sa totoo lang most pregnant women don't eat a clean healthy diet everyday. Millions of babies are born healthy around the world despite this, even in slum areas diba nga. If you read up on UK baby apps sobrang fastfood pa nga diet nila and they gain much more than we do. So while I would encourage you to of course eat healthy it's not something you should kill yourself over. You're still the same human you were before you got pregnant, and that person has cravings and imperfect nutrition, but is fully capable of growing a baby. :)

I'm going on 32 weeks and have gained around 20 lbs so far. That's a lot for someone with a petite frame. I haven't been really strict on myself and my diet for the past 7 months but baby is perfectly fine.

chriszy

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 02:40:40 pm »
As per doctor adviced 10-12kg all throughout pregnancy,
Im currently 8W and gained 1kg already

Dont be too harsh on your self, make sure to drink your prenatal meds and eat healthy as much as you can. =)

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »
I'm joining this thread, but Im more worried because I have not gain weight yet. Im on my 16th week. My last check up was on Saturday. OB said, baby is fine. Kakalipat ko lang actually sa new OB. Worried ako kasi baka dapat nag-gain na ako ng weight. Pero for the past months kasi, grabe ang nausea and vomiting ko. 3 days pa lang ako hindi sumusuka, and up to now wala pa masyado gana.

To those who've had worst nausea and vomiting, when did you start to gain weight? Worried lang ako na not healthy for baby pag di ako nag-gain soon.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 08:36:48 pm »
Sis glamarosa... Hopefully! You?ll gain what you lose once 2nd trimester begin. It will kickstart your appetite again ;)

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 04:45:04 pm »
Thank you sis msdiane for your encouragement. :)

littlemissquiet

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 12:37:45 am »
hi sis! not sure kung ano yung ideal weight gain BUT I was advised by my OB na 15lbs-25lbs lang pwede ko ma-gain from my pre-pregnancy weight to make sure na si baby lang yung lumalaki at hindi ako  ;D netong 3rd trimester lang ako naging super keen on my weight since weekly na yung checkup. so far, 14lbs na yung na-gain ko and I'm already due first week ng August. 

But with all the cravings during pregnancy, di naman mapipigilan. Just make sure you eat healthy  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:20:23 pm by littlemissquiet »

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:51 pm »
Ay 15lbs lang ba akala ko 15kg! Started to gain naman na ako though gradually. Since nagstop ako magsuka nung 17wks. Im now on my 22nd wk, nag-gain na ako ng 2kg na.

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 09:33:43 pm »
Lapit ka na pala manganak sis! God bless!

littlemissquiet

  • Guest
Re: Weight Gain Pregnancy
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 04:35:13 pm »
Yup 15lbs  ;D kaya pag tinitimbang ako weekly, by pounds ang sukat. I remember ang goal ko is hanggang 15lbs lang talaga ma-gain ko, so I was maintaining my weight at 136 lbs. Then 2weeks after naging 140lbs ako.  Hehe nagulat ako pero kasi I was really craving foods nun and di ko mapigilan. So I went back to my diet, and after a week balik 136lbs ako.

Di pa rin lumalabas si baby hanggang ngayon :( 40wks na ko tomorrow

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close