Author Topic: Designer Wedding Gowns or RTW?  (Read 3157 times)

Lira_FN

• Administrator
  • GirlTalker
Designer Wedding Gowns or RTW?
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:30:19 am »
Hello Bride to Be's!

One of the most exciting things about planning a wedding is hunting down your wedding gown!

Would you rather hire a designer to do yours, or would you go with RTW?

Some of the answers will be included in an article!

Happy sharing!

carms

• md to be
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Designer Wedding Gowns or RTW?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:14:36 pm »
I would have wanted to go RTW due to convenience however I noticed most boutiques here have similar styles and silhouettes. Most of what saw and tried on have ballgown skirts, petticoats and have a sweetheart neckline which are not part of what I envisioned my wedding dress to be. I have a particular style in mind and the gowns available here are rather limited thus I opted to collaborate and a designer with a similar aesthetic and could execute well my preferred style and fabric.

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:03:22 am »
I bought an off-the-rack midpriced RTW gown abroad because it fit me well and it was on sale (from 2k to only 1k Euros) then my designer-cousin added rhinestones to it. Win win! :-)

imyourangel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:07 am »
I am not to be wedded soon but I want to be prepared when the time comes, mga 3 years from now. Haha! If RTW, where do you suggest can I look for gowns? Budget in mind is 3k lang sana. I don't want a bongga wedding.

mysticgrey0316

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 10:09:17 am »
Sis. You might want to check RTW wedding gowns from MAYDEN CREATIONS sa 168 mall sa divi. I got mine from them the other day. Maganda. Detailed and super nice ng sales ladies. Super aalagaan ka. Sila pinakamurang nakita ko dun. Mga nasa 5-7k lang! :)

Kloeen14

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:57:15 am »
Recommending Micah Lacap Design Studio for wedding gowns!

Sharing!
Photography: Ralph Lee Photography

Wedding:
https://m.facebook.com/pg/RalphLeePhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1840734479369390

Prenup in Japan:
https://m.facebook.com/pg/RalphLeePhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1784452041664301&ref=content_filter

Videography: MJ Films by Michael Jamandre (from Jason Magbanua?s team, Master Glider)

Wedding:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1222481921224416&id=528718823934066

Prenup in Japan:
https://vimeo.com/305407682

karenking

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 11:34:39 am »
Hello, hello!

For me, I'd go for RTW. Aside sa very budget-friendly, IMO, the designer gowns now all look the same to me.

yellowminion

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 02:47:52 pm »
^^Sis may I ask how much yung gown mo? Thanks!:)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:21:26 pm by yellowminion »

ishtarmeow

• Probationary
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 06:29:39 pm »
I was initially planning to have mine made, but ended up falling in love with the 1st RTW gown I tried.

I have to say, feels less of a hassle to go for RTW since you already know what the gown looks like. Less stress overall as you don't have to worry about the output.

cbj021

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 08:48:27 pm »
^ super agree! I actually had a particular style that  I had in mind and was already scouting for designers who could work on it. But a very smart friend suggested that I try to find its RTW counterpart first to see if the style really does fit me... turns out hindi pala! Since I'm petite the ball gown skirt just swallows me whole haha.

So ayun, buti na lang I did the RTW-route first else I would have ended up having a gown made na hindi pala bagay sa akin. In the end, I picked a gown from the same RTW shop that fit my aesthetic and my body type

karenking

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:54:03 pm »
^Sis may I ask how much yung gown mo? Thanks!:)

Hi Sis, I'm looking at gowns worth 15k pesos. I'm checking at JJ's houses (they're shipping from US).
Naka-order na ako sa kanila before ng gown for a friend's wedding and I'm very much satisfied sa fabric and pagkagawa nila. Except maluwag sya even if I gave them exact measurements. But that's minimal concern lang for me dahil sulit pa rin. :)

sturmfrei

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 04:10:39 am »
I prefer RTW! It's cheaper and besides, I'm easy to please haha baka I can choose my wedding gown in just a few hours. But seriously, I'd go for RTW, then yung money na massave ko eh ia-allot ko for my photographer kasi for me yun ang mas importante  ;D

morena_sunset0827

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 04:16:57 pm »
any suggestions kung san ok na shop?😊

Heavenly_Bliss

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 03:02:43 am »
^ yes any suggestions please with affordable price but good designs. thank you.
I place everything in your hands.♥

sassy_gal18

• Super GirlTalker
  • Lil' bit of everything
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 01:50:27 pm »
RTW.

I?ve read a lot of nagpasadya gowns na nauwi rin sa pagRTW kasi na expectation vs reality sila. Ok mag pasadya kung marami ka talaga budget kasi sure hindi ka titipirin.

Sa may [textspeak!] mall sa divisoria, 168, tutuban maraming weddings gowns na rtw. :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close