Author Topic: Macbook Battery/ Charger  (Read 719 times)

bluebeads

• GirlTalker
    • YouTube Channel
Macbook Battery/ Charger
« on: April 03, 2018, 07:12:16 pm »
Hey girls!
Question: Do you unplug your Macbook Pro's charger?
If so, for how long and on what battery level?

I bought a Macbook Pro 2017 and was told that this has better battery life.

I used to have an older model and I kept it plugged all the time! hahaha I was told nakaka sira daw yun.
So what I did (eventually) basta 100% na, I unplug it then recharge it when it goes below 20%.  But then someone told me, mas mali daw yung ginawa ko because nakaka dami ng battery cycles.

Ano ba talaga? I am so confused!  :-\

TIA!  ;)

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Macbook Battery/ Charger
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:27:33 pm »
A battery really has a specific number of "cycles".  You can check yours kung ilan na.  Google mo how to do it.  Ok young ginagawa mo na bag nag 100% na unplug na.  & sinabi din sa akin is to regularly drain the battery.  Paabutin hanggang 0% & mag off na.  I also have a macbook pro.  Was ok talaga battery into kaysa sa Air. 

LABYU

• member since 2015
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • wala lang :)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:25:07 am »
^ganun pala? hindi ko dinedrain battery ko, hanggang 20% lang charge ko na agad. Good to know.
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door ~ Milton Berle"

10:15 AM - December 1, 2017

lalee888

• Chinay American in The City
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 03:54:18 am »
This was a topic at our last family dinner. One of my brothers is computer nerd (programmer by profession). He said that older notebooks (MACs and PCs) had battery life issues as discussed here. For MACs, battery cycles were the way to go. But he said that nowadays, newer models are no longer sensitive to overcharging -- he works on his MBP all the time and he is always plugged except when there's no socket nearby (like at a coffee shop). By newer model, i don't know if he means 2018 and up, but his MBP is a '16 or '17 model for sure.

I would not worry too much about it. At the end of the day an object (Macbook Pro or not) is intended to ease computing needs and not cause you stress. If it's going to stress you out to think about the battery health, then it's not worth it. What's the worst that could happen? The battery health is compromised in 2-3 years instead of 3-4 years, right? At that point you might want a new machine already or you will just be plugged more often...either of those outcomes is not a bad situation, i think =)

MrChocNut

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:52:34 pm »
On the contrary, keeping your macbook plugged in will prolong its battery life. As lalee said, macbooks' battery cycles determine the battery condition. Generally, a macbook's battery will have a lifespan of 1000 battery cycles. 1 battery cycle is a charge from 0-100%, whether in a single charge or multiple charges. The more you use your macbook unplugged, the faster you accumulate battery cycles.

I almost never unplug my Macbook Air (2013 model) when I'm at home/work. Sometimes I don't unplug for a week. After 4 years of use, my battery cycle is at 271 (8+ hours average daily usage). Battery can still last for 3-5 hours unplugged.

IbrahimJaylen

• Probationary
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 03:02:49 am »
The battery of macbooks is poor, and it doesn't last very long. That's why I recommend to not read the studymoose prices review on macbooks as it takes up a lot of battery, and battery just continues to deteriorate.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close