watch now

Author Topic: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products  (Read 19099 times)

Guada_FN

  • Guest
Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:22:53 pm »
Hi ladies,

Guada from FN here!

We'd like to ask:  What are all the products in your skincare routine? Why do you like using them?

Let us know and some of your recos will be featured in an article!

Happy sharing!

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:04:34 pm »
Tretinoin & Suncreen.  These are the only 2 products proven to keep your skin healthy & young looking.  We in the Philippines are lucky that we can buy Tretinoin at a cheap price & no need for prescription.  In the US they charge $200 for tube & you need a prescription to buy it.

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 04:31:21 pm »
Now that I am pregnant I am only using Blezil Teatree oil soap and Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel as a moosturizer. Though this routine doesn?t seem to prevent my acne but it helps dry out the pimples. Sad lang I couldn?t seem to use other stronger acne products because I am scared since I am expecting. When I go out I use either Helliocare Gel Spf 50 or Biore BB cream with Spf 50. I use Ganier Micellar Water to remove the BB cream afterwards.

keejac21

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 06:25:13 pm »
I love balm cleansers! Heimish All Clean Balm is so good in removing makeup. I follow it up with the Cosrx Low Ph Good Morning Gel cleanser.

kendalljenner

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 11:47:02 pm »
since i'm still a student pa, i always buy cheap but super worth it products. I start my face by washing it using Garnier's Pure Active facial wash then St. Ives or Etude House Baking Powder BB Deep Cleansing foam. Super nice and nakakafresh itong Baking Powder sa face. Then I use Eskinol toner, cheap but super effective. No breakouts since HS. I moisturize my face with TFS Aloe Gel and Biore sunscreen.

At night naman if I'm super duper lazy already, I use Pond's cold cream. No need to put moisturizer kasi it can be a moisturizer already.

lyrahs

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 01:58:26 pm »
I use MaryKay Timewise facial cleanser, day solution, night solution  and moisturiser everyday, morning and night. Then every other night, MaryKay Timewise Microdermabrasion and Pore Minimiser. Then once a week, Deep Cleansing Charcoal Mask naman. 
Then sa katawan, body oil after maligo then lotion pa kasi sobrang dry ng skin ko sa katawan

geraldita03

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:28 am »
I used the set from zaine skin for a month and i want my face to rest from peeling kaya my current skin care:
Celeteque brightening facial wash
Zaine skin collagen cream
Zaine skin clarifying lotion(serves as toner for the mean time)
St Ives apricot scrub

I have yet to search for a good moisturizer. I?m eyeing for Dr. VCO virgin coconut oil or Nature?s republic aloe vera gel. For the toner, I?m eyeing for Dickinson?s witch hazel porefecting toner sa healthy options. And also VMV hypoallergenic id gel for treatment of acne.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:02:58 pm by geraldita03 »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 04:42:24 am »
I am obsessed with skin care but i will mention my top 3 MUST/holy grail products:

SK II essence - I love how refreshing it feels and it is meant for wrinkle prevention so i can't say for sure if it works, but it's highly rated for asian skin and has a cult following... since i like it, i decided to stick to it.

Drunk Elephant's C-Firma Daily Serum - I tried a couple of other cheaper brands to save moeny, like ones from Deciem, specifically The Ordinary line, as well as their higher end NIOD line... but nope, only DE C-Firma gave me whopping results -- brighter complexion, like I'm glowing with happiness from within so I decided to splurge.

La Mer Cream - yes, this is a splurge. yes, my wallet hates it, but my skin and heart loves it. I feel absolutely amazing after i put this on my face -- as if my skin is lifted, and moisturized. Does it work and is it worth the price tag? I don't know, but I know it makes me FEEL REALLY GOOD (made my husband try it and he agreed - the texture is luxurious). To a degree, beauty is how we feel about ourselves, so i'll take it! Will i keep using it? Yes, despite the hefty price tag, yes. I just have to go cheap on other non-essentials to afford this one...but i'lll happily do so.

I can change everything else in my routine (brand wise), but I'll NEVER change my SK II and La Mer, if that means anything.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 03:04:09 pm »
^I dream of the day when I can finally use and (maintain) SK II and La Mer products without breaking the bank.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:08:02 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 07:47:24 pm »
^me too sis. SK II I buy on in-flight duty free, mas mura sya dun (I buy two and always pay tax free and cheaper than Sephora, tapos may free item pa) and believe it or not one bottle lasts me six months am and pm use so I think doable sya kahit mahal.

La mer was a splurge purchase with hubby, we were trying to use up foreign currency. I love it pero not sure if worth it kasi nga ang mahal. I have to give up things to afford it hindi rin biro. First bottle pa lang ako and used half of it na in 3mos, PM only use.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:57:30 pm »
^wow thanks for the tip, I'll fly this July, icheck ko nga difference ng prices nila. Honestly, nakaka overwhelm kasi minsan mag check sa Duty Frees with all the bright lights and over eager SAs (nanisi pa  ;D ). How much yung SK II Essence na nabili mo if I may ask? I agree sa longevity ng product, hirap na hirap din ako ubusin tong Cosrx na hinoard ko, haha! So sulit din naman no, ganun talaga, tiis ganda ika nga! Naku Sis, you're teasing me haha, drooling for La Mer talaga. Swear, pati yung eye cream, heard a lot of good feedbacks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:04:26 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 09:10:46 pm »
Pag duty free I only check products na alam Kong I use so I can compare prices from my home country ! Since US kame we can't buy most liquids sa duty free since we can't bring those carry-on. But if you buy sa plane, pwede!

So we flew Cathay Pacific and I got to buy 2 bottles of SK-II for $179 (USD) and it included a free travel kit which had a travel size SK-II facial wash, clarifying lotion, essence and then their RNA cream so nasulit sya. Tapos before we fly we check Asia miles promos kasi minsan they offer 20% off if you buy 2 or more skin care products. Kaya nakatipid talaga. But like I said, nasa 6-8mos usually one SK-II bottle sakin, am and pm use and I use it sparingly (I don't use cotton pads or spritzers).

Yung la mer sis love ko sya pero sa totoo lang di ko naman alam if effective or if may better alternative. Baka placebo effect sya so I would say dont get it if mabigat sa bulsa. I think marami ibang moisturizers na okay naman. Masarap sya sa skin but is it worth it? No one still knows.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 09:47:01 pm »
^I agree with La Mer, baka nga hyped lang din ano? Unless I have A LOT of money to spend, hinde na nga siguro muna.

Yung SK II Essence, you meant 179 $ for everything na, 2 bottles with freebies?

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:05 pm »
^sis yes, i love la mer pero wala ako mahanap proof na it really is the best. im indulging in my love for it sa ngayon but i dont think ill do this forever lalo na pag nagbaby na kame, poor na kame nun.

and sis, yes $179 for everything with the freebies. We also got their eye cream at the time, but i don't remember if we paid the eye cream separately or kasama sa $179... kasi sinabi ko lang sa flight attendant na eye cream na rin, please (kasi at the time they had the 20% discount on on-board skin care).

yung favorites mo in general sis, tandaan mo (or sulat mo sa phone) ang local price mo, with tax (we pay taxes on products here sa US), so when i travel i compare sa plane and sa local stores in a country im visiting.. yun lang mga solid favorites ko like yan ngang SK-II for skin care, sometimes perfumes, sometimes sa mga fashion/clothing/bags etc.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 03:15:05 pm »
^wow 179 $ for everything ang mura nga, parang presyo lang ng 1 pc yun sa local store or OL shop. So parang buy 1 take 1 mo nabili. Grabe, na-entice ako mag fly na haha!  ;D Thanks again.

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 09:50:30 pm »
^Yes sis, may special promo sila nun. Tapos nung fly kame ulit another time, i wanted to get pero sold out na daw (on that flight), so we waited on our return flight to try again, sold out nanaman. Sulit kasi sya compared to buying locally here sa US. And since Asian product sya, we just make sure to check its price whenever we are somewhere in Asia.

otra_vez

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 02:04:22 am »
has anyone tried drunk elephant? i'm so tempted to get their babyfacial and moisturizer due to the reviews. but pretty expensive kasi. $80 for the facial alone, though people seem to really love it and it's currently sephora's top bestseller. i feel like my skincare routine needs an update. i'm finding more pimples along my jawline, for some reason. 

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 02:16:02 am »
^i have sis! Nanaman! I use the TLC Sukari Babyfacial (I use it once a week) and also use the Deciem peel once a week ha. Ma-peel ako na tao because of my cystic acne.

I also use the C-firma serum and have tried other products like the whipped cream and marula oil. But I didn't find anything special with those other products.

Sukari and c-firma lang ang re-buy ko. Yung c-firma is my favorite vitamin C for the face, I love it and it's effect on my skin (noticeable after 3 says) and the texture plus since it's applied in the morning, it does not conflict with my night time routine (tretinoin) kaya it works for me.

Yung Sukari I also love it, every 3/4 days I do a peel and i alternate between Sukari facial and Deciem. But this is my skin's need. For most people once a week facial/peel at home is good enough and if once a week lang mas okay na Yung Deciem kasi mas mura.

otra_vez

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 02:19:47 am »
^ uy thanks! i'm really thisclose to getting the babyfacial. also para makakuha ng samples  ;D i have combination skin. medyo natatakot lang ako because i was watching mod young last night and she mentioned that it stings a little. but then again she did say that she has sensitive skin. i don't think mine is but it's been ages din kasi since i tried anything new on my face. whatcha think?

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Your Favorite Skin Care Routine Products
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 02:29:32 am »
^it does sting a little! Nothing you can't handle but pain is subjective.. the tiny sting is okay in my opinion. You can test patch a little muna sa neck area before going all in.

Also, Sephora has a 100% return policy which I'm sure you already know. If you don't like it after one use, return it. At least ma try mo if it's effective for you.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close