Author Topic: Migraine  (Read 2508 times)

pink_stardust

• Jed's one and only :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • she's all that =)
Migraine
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:44:18 am »
Hello! Any migraine sufferers here on GT?

I've been hospitalized 5 times this year just because of my migraine attacks.

My episodes would last from a week to over 2 weeks. Sobrang hirap, especially sa work since I often have to go on sick leave. Sometimes naiisip ko baka they're thinking I'm overreacting na it's just a headache.

Pansin ko my migraines would start towards the end of my period or a few days after my menses. I've been to a neurologist na and I've had my MRI and normal naman yung result. I'm thinking of going to the OB baka hormonal yung cause ng migraines ko, but I haven't had the chance to make an appointment yet.

Sa ngayon I'm having another attack. Nag start nung Dec 24 (huhu merry Christmas to me) na tolerable yung headache but nag progress na to a full blown migraine by Dec 29. Last night I could not sleep because of the pain.

I take muscle relaxants and painkillers (as recommended by numerous ER doctors that have attended to me in the past), but honestly I don't think they do much. I just take them as instructed and wait for the migraine to run its course.

Any other migraine sufferers out there? How do you deal with yours when you have it?
It is very difficult to go back and make a brand new start.

But you can always start from now and make a brand new ending.

renda08

Re: Migraine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 03:00:40 am »

Hey there,

I so feel you, but ang tagal naman ng 1 week or 2 weeks. Sa akin, maximum 3 days lang kapag hindi ako uminom ng gamot. Ponstan works for me, like 20mins normal na ako ulet. Hindi ko na cia tinitiis unlike before na iniisip ko ayaw ko masanay sa gamot, but the heck, why suffer, kung possible naman pala mawala na kaagad.

You have to know other triggers, para makaiwas, aside sa hormonal imbalances kapag malapit na yung period. Like for me, flickering lights and PC or mobile screens na less yung light.

lexi_girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:03:54 pm »
Have you tried Imigran? Its a medicine made for migraine talaga, mahal lang but it works for me. I take na when i feel the migraine is starting pa lang. Working out also helps din to release endorphins that is a natural painkiller.. i tried working out when i had a mild headache and nawala naman siya, it also made me sleep like a baby after. Magnesium also helps din, i take one before going to sleep coz it's a muscle relaxant hence makes me sleepy. Stress and lack of sleep are triggers for migraine so best is to change your lifestyle to a less stressful one, eat healthy and also doing yoga/meditating.

JAZZIE_G

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 03:18:53 pm »
Try Zomig this is for migraine with or without Aura. Its quite pricey but super effective especially if may Aura you can have it na para di na magtuloy migraine. Or if during the attack try Tramadol. Almost every month i had migraine attack before or after menstruation. Minsan naman ibuprofen lang kaya na. Hope this helps.

krabby_patty

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 04:23:40 pm »
I was also prescribed Imigran but it doesn't really do much once the aura is already there. I always end up in the ER anyway, where they'd usually give me shots of pain killer and meds to help me sleep. Throwing up also helps, and holing up in a cool, quiet, dark room.

Bright lights, over exposure to the sun, new sights/smells trigger my migraine. Very hard to tell what triggers it, but read somewhere it would help if you make a list of what you ate, what you did, what time of the month the migraine occurred. Sort of like a migraine diary :)

cescilay

• GirlTalker
    • Rural Dame
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 06:39:02 pm »
I do suffer from migraine too but one or two days lang ang duration. Mild lang naman siguro sa akin kasi paracetamol (biogesic) ok na ako. If di kaya ng biogesic, that's the time na take na ako ng pain reliever.

I read somewhere na dairy and too much sweets may trigger migraine daw so control na ako doon. A friend also suggested na I may want to have my heart checked baka kasi may problem kaya ako nagkaka-migraine but I never get around to doing it kasi hindi na as frequent as possible ang migraine attacks ko lalo na after ko manganak.

JAZZIE_G

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 10:14:36 pm »
Same tayo sis after ako magkaanak di na gaano nag attack migraine ko.

kaisha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 12:30:39 pm »
what I do first is try to get some sleep and drink plenty of h2o. if that doesn't work, that's the time I drink meds-- what I do is take mefenamic acid and drink it with cold cola.. my cousin told me it had help her  relieve her headache.. im not sure though if its psychological on my part that after 20-30 minutes wala na yung sakit. coz mefenamic alone won't relieve the pain.. if it doesn't work, that's the time I take Tylenol.

my triggers would vary--it can be sound or smell, sensitivity to light, if I have eaten food with MSG, constipation..

if I experience a simple headache or worse when migraine attacks, I try to avoid nuts, oily food, junk food, meat, coffee and tea..

sometimes when I get to vomit, it helps lessen the pain.
that which is me, is nobody else!!!

plumpolka

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 12:35:53 pm »
^ same with me, but last week, i vomitted and yet di parin ako ok. as in wala na ako isusuka, nagsusuka parin ako. so i had to go to ER para ma IV ng paracetamol. i think now im convinced na migraine nga talaga kasi ganyan din sakin. at first parang nasisilaw silaw ako sa ilaw. kahit celphone nahihilo ako tignan hanggang sa mahihilo na ako. i experienced this 3 yrs ago pa na ER din ako. i dont know kung bakit ba ako nagkakaroon nito pero sana gumaling na tayo :(
Happiness is a choice.

purple_tips

• Junior GirlTalker
  • full time beauty junkie
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 12:40:30 pm »
Look into  taking magnesium supplements for migraines. Most are deficient in vitamins and minerals because of the food we eat. Even if we regularly consume fruits and vegetables, our soil is already depleted of minerals, not to mention we are exposed to pollution and stress. Check articles regarding magnesium supplements, madami nag rerecommend for chronic migraine.

nerddict

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:44 am »
Ako, nattrigger migraine ko kapag dehydrated ako saka kapag puyat. Kaya I make it a habit na every hour inom ng tubig.

saka dapat ako masuka para maging okay. Kayo din ba ganun mga sis? Worst migraine ko is one day lang.

mansison

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 10:06:17 am »
Hello! Any migraine sufferers here on GT?

I've been hospitalized 5 times this year just because of my migraine attacks.

My episodes would last from a week to over 2 weeks. Sobrang hirap, especially sa work since I often have to go on sick leave. Sometimes naiisip ko baka they're thinking I'm overreacting na it's just a headache.

Pansin ko my migraines would start towards the end of my period or a few days after my menses. I've been to a neurologist na and I've had my MRI and normal naman yung result. I'm thinking of going to the OB baka hormonal yung cause ng migraines ko, but I haven't had the chance to make an appointment yet.

Sa ngayon I'm having another attack. Nag start nung Dec 24 (huhu merry Christmas to me) na tolerable yung headache but nag progress na to a full blown migraine by Dec 29. Last night I could not sleep because of the pain.

I take muscle relaxants and painkillers (as recommended by numerous ER doctors that have attended to me in the past), but honestly I don't think they do much. I just take them as instructed and wait for the migraine to run its course.

Any other migraine sufferers out there? How do you deal with yours when you have it?

Highly recommended is Dr Winnie Lim Khoo she is a Neurologist with a specialization in headache and migraine. I had a very bad chronic headache for many years. Marami na rin po akong doctor. pero si Dr Winnie lang po nakapagpagaling sa akin. Meron po sya clinic sa Cardinal Santos Medical Center at Manila Doctors Hospital

StewartMorrisonv

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 12:10:56 pm »
I agree with you. Any overdose is very dangerous and it does not even matter what exactly was used. My aunt decided to try Kratom a couple of months ago because it is safe and helps to relax and helps with insomnia. She found a great store for kratom (kratomrack.com) and ordered two packs of capsules. At first she took only a few capsules, but then she began to take more and more and she was taken to hospital because of her departure. I was not even surprised because I expected something like that. So we see that despite the danger of the drug, it is best not to abuse the dosage.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close