watch now

Author Topic: Genetic Carrier Screening  (Read 1445 times)

Kim

  • Guest
Genetic Carrier Screening
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:20:34 pm »
Genetic Carrier Screening is a testing that's done to see whether you or your partner carry a genetic mutation that could cause a serious inherited disorder in your baby.

Do we have hospitals or clinics in Metro Manila that do this screening? Has anyone here done this? How much kaya? What's the procedure like?

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Genetic Carrier Screening
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:28:19 pm »
I had this when I was pregnant but it's done in Canada so I am not sure which clinic you can go in Manila to have the test. This is a simple blood test. Naloka lang ako that time when the doctor told me that I have the option to terminate the baby if the test comes back and there's a high risk that the baby has genetic disorder. 

rmi

  • Guest
Re: Genetic Carrier Screening
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:36:31 am »
hi-precision diagnostics has this test called horizon carrier screening. you may want to call them or send a PM through their facebook page to inquire.
https://www.hi-precision.com.ph/services.do?item_id=102386786

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close