Author Topic: Do you have a "the one that got away" in your life?  (Read 2878 times)

KeyserSoze

• GirlTalker
  • "we don't get to choose who we love"
Do you have a "the one that got away" in your life?
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:09:21 am »
Girls and boys,

This is not about sex, but rather a cheesy question. Do you have a "the one that got away"  person in your life? A person that you strongly felt was meant for you, pero you didn't end up together?

Let me first share that I didn't really believe in such cheesy bull crap. Destiny and what not, I believe that our decisions shape our own fate. I'm not religious as well. I don't believe in an entity which guides us in our daily lives or whatever.

A few years ago though i met the girl that I fell in love with the most. I honestly can say that it was the FIRST time in my life that I fell in love with someone. I mean I've been with some women before, pero this girl was just so different. I won't get too much into the details, pero everything felt so bizarre. It felt like nilagay talaga siya ng tadhana for me, like the universe was speaking to me. As cheesy as it sounds, that's really how I felt. And I was so sure that she was meant for me, and I did my best to fight for what we had. However life can be very cruel and of course we didn't end up being together.

Once again it's so cheesy. Pero cheesy things happen in our lives. And sometimes these cheesy things bring happiness to our lives, and gives us a better purpose.  ;D

So do you have a "the one that got away?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:52:09 am by KeyserSoze »

mimiku

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Do you have a "the one that got away" in your life?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:46:42 am »
I thought I had. For years I tortured myself into believing that he was the one that got away. So many what ifs and could have beens. But then I realized he was not really for me when I met my husband.  No it is not true.
Veritas nunquam perit.

KeyserSoze

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 12:07:12 am »
I thought I had. For years I tortured myself into believing that he was the one that got away. So many what ifs and could have beens. But then I realized he was not really for me when I met my husband.  No it is not true.

good to know you're happy and contented.:)

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:41:01 am »

+1 to this

He got away because he was never the one. "The one" will never go away. And TS, all of the cheesy things you felt with that girl, you will feel all of that and sooooo much more when you finally find the right person who will choose to stay. Promise yan.

OT but I think this should be under the Looking for Love thread not SEX
...all adventurous women do.

KeyserSoze

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:56:52 am »
+1 to this

He got away because he was never the one. "The one" will never go away. And TS, all of the cheesy things you felt with that girl, you will feel all of that and sooooo much more when you finally find the right person who will choose to stay. Promise yan.

OT but I think this should be under the Looking for Love thread not SEX

thanks for the encouragement. it doesn't bother me that much now honestly. i just wanted to see if totoo ba na everyone has that one person that got away. :)

and yeah i just noticed pwede pala ako magpost sa Looking for Love thread. akala ko for girls lang talaga

Shadow Angel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 10:06:59 am »
Hindi rin ako naniniwala sa ganyan. Siguro mafefeel mo lang to if hindi ka happy sa current life/lovelife. Kasi may comparison ka na buti pa noon with my ex ganito or ganyan or what if sya nakatuluyan mo ano life mo ngayon. Kung ikaw ang type ng taong mahilig mag reminiscing sa past love life mo for sure magfefeel mo ang ganyan.

baliwsayo

• love love love
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • The best camera is the one that's with you ;-)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 11:44:59 am »
Hindi pala ako cheesy kasi I don't believe on these things.  8)

Cause I'm happy...

shinies

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 07:48:24 pm »
Dati iniisip ko meron akong TOTGA at siya yung ideal man ko pero simula nung naging kami ni mister, naconfirm ko na wala talaga akong TOTGA ::)

Tingin ko pag di pa naabot yung estado ng buhay na talagang masaya at kuntento ka sa kung ano meron ka, saka lang maiisip na may TOTGA ka.

everything felt so bizarre. It felt like nilagay talaga siya ng tadhana for me, like the universe was speaking to me. As cheesy as it sounds, that's really how I felt. And I was so sure that she was meant for me, and I did my best to fight for what we had. However life can be very cruel and of course we didn't end up being together.

May kilala akong lalaki na ganyang nangyari sa kanya. May slow-mo big-fish effect kyeme pa siyang sinasabi pag nakikita niya yung babae ;D Pero di naging sila tapos bigla nagreconnect dun sa childhood sweetheart niya at kinasal sila ni childhood sweetheart ::)
Nakakaloko lang kasi ibang klase siya magkwento sobrang cheesy tapos iba yung makakatuluyan niya.

What's meant to be will be... Balang araw, dadating ka din sa panahon na tatawanan mo lang yung nagkaTOTGA ka noon.

alexmack

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:04 am »
I had. And he's married now with two kids.

KeyserSoze

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 12:53:29 am »
May kilala akong lalaki na ganyang nangyari sa kanya. May slow-mo big-fish effect kyeme pa siyang sinasabi pag nakikita niya yung babae ;D Pero di naging sila tapos bigla nagreconnect dun sa childhood sweetheart niya at kinasal sila ni childhood sweetheart ::)
Nakakaloko lang kasi ibang klase siya magkwento sobrang cheesy tapos iba yung makakatuluyan niya.

What's meant to be will be... Balang araw, dadating ka din sa panahon na tatawanan mo lang yung nagkaTOTGA ka noon.

actually i have moved on narin naman and it doesn't bother me na..:) i was curious lang if almost everyone has this TOTGA. I had this talk kasi with a friend and he's pretty happy with his life, pero even he admits na meron talaga siyang gustong gustong girl dati na unfortunately ayaw sa kanya.

KeyserSoze

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 01:02:36 am »
I had. And he's married now with two kids.

that's sad. i feel for you  :'(

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 01:35:19 am »
no such thing for me.
only those who are unhappy with the partner they ended up with will say there is.
and it will just be all 'what ifs'  when it comes to TOTGA.   better stick na lang with the 'real' partner and make it work and stop obsessing over the 'phantom' one. 
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

cussler

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 12:08:30 pm »
i don't know if she's the one that got away, am so young and medyo shy pa...

acerych7

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 06:52:17 pm »
I "used" to believe na may TOTGA ako hahaha well after getting out of an abusive relationship, I met a guy na total opposite of my first boyfriend, someone who treats me rights pero after a few months bigla na lang sya di nagparamdam tapos biglang may niligawan na iba. I used to call him as my "TOTGA" pero after meeting my current boyfriend, na realize ko na wala pala akong TOTGA [textspeak!] the guy I'm with now is surely the one for me <3

mistletoe0604

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »
No. I used to think that my first bf was my TOTGA. It took me years to get over him and I honestly thought that there would still be a future for us together. But when I met my hubby, he totally debunked the whole TOTGA drama. Our relationship is not perfect but when I look at him, I couldn't imagine ending up or wishing to/ thinking about ending up with anyone else.  :)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:35 pm »
I used to think that my ex is my TOTGA and blamed myself for losing him, because I thought we were perfect for each other and that he is the best man for me, but I thought wrong. I believe everything happens for a reason and I believe that fate and God both lead me to my Husband, and I can't imagine having anyone else than him to be my life partner. He is perfectly imperfect, and we compliment each other's flaws and shortcomings. I am the best version of myself with him, and he told me he is also the best version of himself with me. With my Ex, I have been afraid of getting married, having kids, I am committed but I felt that I will be missing out on LIFE once we tie the knot. He proposed to me for several times, glad I said no, I love him dearly, but I'm blessed to be able to get out of the relationship, no matter how perfect we seem to be for each other, we are just not meant to be. I still love and respect him, but I will be forever grateful to God that I met and married my Husband.  :) :) :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close