Author Topic: For those on a live-in set up. Do you still have any plans of getting married?  (Read 13414 times)

khaleesiCersei

  • Guest
Yes ako yung nag decide na wag muna. Parang for me it can wait.. Pero as time passed naging solid na yung plan na magpakasal. May time frame na din at pinag iipunan na.

AnneMP

  • Guest
We're living-in with our almost 7 year-old daughter.  My husband wants to get married.  For me, it's not really important since marriage is a lifestyle and we're already living it.  However, my daughter is now bringing up the topic and asking questions whether we got married.  So eventually I think we really need to. 

The one who also suggested that I don't get married are my parents  ::)  They're hoping that I can get a better person to marry.  But I guess my daughter is the only one (besides me, of course) that has the say in that. 

naizlabonita

  • Guest
For us, right now, definitely no talks about getting married and we are currently focused on raising our Child.

Pero I must admit, parang deep inside it is still every girl's dream..at some point as a girl, we all want to get married someday, to walk in the aisle and wear the white dress or gown. Diba?  :'( :'( :'(

I am just going with the flow right now in a live in set up for our child, as of this moment I am definitely not open to it with the current partner (cause he cheated and all) but maybe someday in the future..maybe with a different guy.. we cannot really say hays. hehe


super bratinella

  • Guest
Mahirap if married it is a commitment, kaso it is a decision talaga,  if you see friends na kanikasal then you also dream of your own wedding pero I have 3 daughters and I always pray that they will marry first before living in together to the right guy. It is just not every girl's dream but also every parents dream na makita nila anak nila with the right guy..

The Lioness

  • Guest
While it's true that we should keep the fire burning, we can only do so much. Reality check, people fall out of love all the time -- so many options, so many kalokohan, so many things going on, so little commitment.

My lola and her two kids were dependent on my lolo. So when the lolo left for another woman, their lives were shattered. Although later in my lola's life, she found her ever after, 20 years her senior (he's not my real lolo, but I loved him to bits.) When I was little, I saw my mom cried so many times in the car hoping nobody sees her. My dad cheated on her, over and over. When I was old enough to know what was going on, I told my mom to leave, let go. But no she can't. He was a good provider, and damn she loves him! So she stayed. My dad is 61 now and still sees other women, while my mom suffered from mild dementia. Yes, she suffered long and hard, she's still suffering now.

So no I dont believe in marriage. Though I have to admit I was a dreamy teenager. I was in a live-in situation for 6 years. I loved him of course. We have 2 kids. 3 weeks before I gave birth to our youngest, his family came over with all their caboodles. I was about to get married 4 days upon their arrival, and I didnt have the slightest idea. I said no. He said I disrespected his family, I said they disrespected my freedom of choice, or at least my right to be informed.

My partner is a gambler. But maybe if he had been a better person, I would've given it a thought, I probably would've wanted to get married. But that's a thing in the past.

Two months ago I decided we're wasting our time. We can't be together anymore. We argue, say hurtful things. It has to stop. I can't live like that. I cant let my children see that and suffer silently the way I suffered knowing my mom suffered. This is the time I know I made the right decision of not getting married. He can support or not support the kids for all I care. It's hard on my part but  what choice do we have? We mothers love our children and we'll give them our best even if it means nothing left for us. The kids are mine, at least for the first 7 years of their lives. Had we been married, according to RA9262, the father's decision will prevail. And my kids are not going anywhere but my side.

So please assess your relationship. Maybe it's worth it, then give it a go. The only way you get things is when you work on them. You dont sit silently and wait. But if it's not and in the future you decide to leave, then trust me, you'll be fine. You'll come out a better person, you'll be invincible.

bwiset12

  • Guest
Kami sis 17 yrs. together, LDR with two kids. 15 na panganay namin, toddler si bunso. Dati nung di pa sya nag aabroad kahit may anak na kami di  pa kami nagsasama. Pangarap namin magpakasal para makapagsama na kami. Nung nag abroad sya, nagpag uusapan pa din naman. Nung umuwi sya after ng contract nya dun nagsama na kami, tapos pabalik balik na sya sa abroad. May time pa na muntik na kami maghiwalay o mejo naghiwalay na kami kasi nambabae sya sa abroad nung mga panahong kakapanganak ko pa lang sa bunso namin few years ago. Inabot din ng taon. Fast forward, naging ok naman kami, nagkabalikan. Sa ngayon, we just moved in our own house. Not yet married pa din, di na masyado napapag usapan yung kasal kasi limited lang time pag umuuwi sya. Minsan iniisip ko kelan kaya kami makakasal, pero naniniwala ako na time will come dadating din yun. God's timing is always perfect.

amethyst028

  • Guest
Pansin ko once na magka live-in na the guy is not motivated to get married kasi parang married na ang set up so why bother. It?s mostly the women who still wants to get married.

Yung ex ko dad of my son, lahat ng relationships niya after me nakaka live-in in niya yung girl pero
hindi siya nagpapakasal kahit na yung mga girls malaki rin ang natulong sa kanya. His current partner seems ok, my son has met her several times pero hindi daw siya kinakausap. Hi/ hello lang pag nagkikita sila. Hopefully etong girl na for him.

I have nothing against this kind of set up. Did it once with my ex coz we had a kid, i just want my son to experience having both his parents around. Pero kung walang kid involve personally i wouldn?t do it. I still prefer marriage first before living together.

kcjane

  • Guest
Hi TS, married for 5 years now , before that live in kami ni hubby for 6 years , before kami nag pakasal, We have a son 10 years old na,  Nag live in kami the moment I found out that I was pregnant. Although never talaga namin napag usapan ang "KASAL" binigyan ko sya  ng ultimatum na pa dating ng 7year namin it's either mag hiwalay kami or mapakasal kami, ;D ;D ;D ;D

sweet21

  • Guest
Same situation with my sister. She and her bf have been living together for almost 5 years, and they are about to have a baby. I asked if she's sure about her bf and she said yes. Sigurado naman daw sya, kaya lang hindi ako sure sa bf nya kung sure ba talaga sya sa kapatid ko. Kasi they are about to start a family, at mukha naman mahal nila ang isa't isa. Ang point ko lang is bakit ayaw pa nilang gawing legal. Wala naman mawawala, I don't see the point of not getting married when two people are inlove and have been living together for many years, tapos may baby pa. Yung iba siguro na nasa long term, maybe nagiipon for the future etc, pero sa case ng sister ko they are about to start a family. Naisip ko lang, baka ito si bf nya wala talaga syang plano pakasalan. And maybe hindi pa sigurado kasi nga pag kasal legal na talaga, na baka pag nagkaron ng problema hindi na pwede kumawala.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:15:41 pm by sweet21 »

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Dahil tayo ay Pinoy, I am almost sure the girls would want to get married.

littlekinselle

  • Guest
live-in kami ng asawa ko for 2 years saka kami nag pakasal nung when i got preggy.  na pressured ako sa nanay ko na magpakasal kami.. pero gusto ko sana noon wag muna, after a year na lang.  kaso ayun i choose to obey my mother. haha okay naman. Pero di ko binago un surname ko nag lagay lang ako ng hyphenate. 

plumpolka

  • Guest
sorry OT lang ^what about your child po? naka hyphenate din or ikaw lang? thank you!


littlekinselle

  • Guest
^ako lang sis.. actually ayoko talaga palitan surname ko pero naisip ko mukang mas maganda pag hypenated.

Queserasera

  • Guest
12 years na kami nagsasama and our Dau is 8 yrs old na rin, The truth is gustong gusto ko maikasal kami because I love him that much despite sa mga pinag aawayan namin na I know naman sa mag asawa normal na minsan may pinag aawayan talaga. Kahit na madaming hurt words nandoon pa rin yung Love at yung wanting to get married feeling kasi mahal mo yung tao at pamilya kayo. However, masakit is yung siya ang ayaw naman, o parang undecided pa rin dahil sabi niya may mga bagay pa rin na hindi niya gusto sa akin na pag nag google naman ako normal naman na ugali ng wives. I dunno ang hirap and it really hurts na gusto mo yung isang bagay na hindi naman maibibigay sayo ng mahal mo dahil somehow parang He seeks perfection. 😔

naizlabonita

  • Guest
However, masakit is yung siya ang ayaw naman, o parang undecided pa rin dahil sabi niya may mga bagay pa rin na hindi niya gusto sa akin na pag nag google naman ako normal naman na ugali ng wives. I dunno ang hirap and it really hurts na gusto mo yung isang bagay na hindi naman maibibigay sayo ng mahal mo dahil somehow parang He seeks perfection. 😔

Yun lang ba talaga yung reason nya sis?

Queserasera

  • Guest
^ Yun ang nakikita ko sis. Bago pa ako manganak dapat ikakasal na kami, ayaw niya so nag pretend na lang din akong ayaw ko rin. Hanggang sa ito umabot kami ng 12 years, may time na nasabi niya ang kasal pero may kundisyon pa. It will lead to another topic pero mga simpleng bagay lang talaga na problema .  Ayon lang, kaya minsan iniisip ko hanggang kelan yung ganito, gusto ko pero ayaw niya. Nahihiya rin ako na iba ang surname ko sa kanila ng anak ko esp. sa school documents, iba talaga yung pag kasal ka. pero ito hindi ko na lang sinasabi sa kanya alam ko naman kasi iiwasan niya yung topic.

naizlabonita

  • Guest
^ Yun ang nakikita ko sis. Bago pa ako manganak dapat ikakasal na kami, ayaw niya so nag pretend na lang din akong ayaw ko rin. Hanggang sa ito umabot kami ng 12 years, may time na nasabi niya ang kasal pero may kundisyon pa. It will lead to another topic pero mga simpleng bagay lang talaga na problema .  Ayon lang, kaya minsan iniisip ko hanggang kelan yung ganito, gusto ko pero ayaw niya. Nahihiya rin ako na iba ang surname ko sa kanila ng anak ko esp. sa school documents, iba talaga yung pag kasal ka. pero ito hindi ko na lang sinasabi sa kanya alam ko naman kasi iiwasan niya yung topic.
same situation like nung friend ko.. halatang ayaw siya pakasalan and always di makasagot about kasalan na tanong yung guy.. ganyan din worries nun friend ko..iba surname nya sa anak nya..and wala siyang security..since..wala siyang work fulltime mom siya..so feeling nya wala talagang security for her lalo at hinde sila married.. i think sis kung ganyan medyo mahirap magstay lalo kung para sa wala..

halos lahat ng girls pangarap ang maikasal..kahit hinde bongga.. and I think darating tayo sa point na hahanapin na natin yan..lalo for you 12 years.. waahhh..

Girltalker2

  • Guest
^ Yun ang nakikita ko sis. Bago pa ako manganak dapat ikakasal na kami, ayaw niya so nag pretend na lang din akong ayaw ko rin. Hanggang sa ito umabot kami ng 12 years, may time na nasabi niya ang kasal pero may kundisyon pa. It will lead to another topic pero mga simpleng bagay lang talaga na problema .  Ayon lang, kaya minsan iniisip ko hanggang kelan yung ganito, gusto ko pero ayaw niya. Nahihiya rin ako na iba ang surname ko sa kanila ng anak ko esp. sa school documents, iba talaga yung pag kasal ka. pero ito hindi ko na lang sinasabi sa kanya alam ko naman kasi iiwasan niya yung topic.

Sis, how can you put up with that?
If mahal mo sya, and ayaw nya ikasal, then palayain mo sya.

Why can?t you find a guy that can love you and marry you?

Imho, no-no talaga for me to sleep or have a kid with a guy who is unsure of our future. Pero if I don?t expect marriage, having kids, live in should be perfectly okay. Kasi if meron, ok lang, if wala naman kasal, ok lang din. But if you think you really Want marriage, then you shouldn?t allow him to treat you this way. Alangan naman ikaw pa ang magmakaawa sa kanya? Sino ba sya?

megansmomma

  • Guest
we've been living in together for almost 10 years now (7yrs old si baby this year) & honestly, with all the stories of infidelity, broken relationships, havoc and all.  I am afraid to DO that, well honestly, we planned, but it didn't pushed through, 2 years after I learned why & love is not enough to keep two people tied together though hindi naman nawawala yung faith ko na dadating kami sa araw na yun & sana pagdating ng panahon na yun mas stable na yung aspiration naming dalawa to keep the marriage working not because of megan but because we love each other to stick together thru hell and back. I honestly don't regret it though, yung living in setup.

curlylass

  • Guest
Currently in a 8-yr relationship, living in together for almost 4yrs, 3 of those we had our blockmates living with us. It was just December 2017 that we decided to ask our blockmates to find another place to live at, condo is ours. BF and I have been talking about marriage. Right now kasi our priority is to live our single lives to the fullest. We do a lot of traveling. And since naglilive-in na nga kami, the main reason for us to get married is if we already want to build a family. Believe it or not, we practice no sex til marriage. So yun nga, the plan right now is save up for our future home, we don't want to live sa condo with kids. I also gave him a deadline... I told him that I will walk away if he doesn't propose by the time I turn 28. I don't want to stay naman in a relationship just for the fun of it. We both know what our endgame is kaya for now, no worries muna.

I feel bad for the girls na may baby na and then suddenly ayaw na pag-usapan nung partners nila yung marriage. If you still can, get away from them. You deserve better. I know, easier said than done pero if it's for your own good naman. Show them what they're gonna miss.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close