Author Topic: Who pays for what?  (Read 4876 times)

wild_berries

  • Guest
Who pays for what?
« on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm helping organise a wedding and we're getting confused as to "what's the right thing to do" in terms of who pays for what so I just want to hear your experience!

We're debating a few things like if it's ok for us to organise Hair and Makeup for the whole entourage but inform them ahead that it costs x amount and if they want to choose another HMUA they don't have to choose the one we arranged. The major thing is that the venue is in Baguio and everyone is from Manila so nagdadalawang isip yung couple na "naipit" na yung guests dun so should they pay for it?

Below is a list of a few things we're particularly confused about but feel free to add any other grey areas and how you decided on them :)

Hair and Makeup for Sponsors, Bridesmaids
Gowns for Sponsors, Bridesmaids
Suits of groomsmen
Accommodation for entourage (for out of town wedding)
Transport

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:17:01 pm »
Iba iba yung arrangement kasi it depends sa means ng couple and ng mga bisita.

OOT wedding kami, eto ginawa namin.

Hair and Makeup for Sponsors, Bridesmaids - We paid for this.

Gowns for Sponsors - they paid pero di na kami nag inarte sa color. Basta neutral and close to champagne ok na.

Gowns for Bridesmaids - We paid. I bought RTW dresses, they paid for alterations na lang.

Barong of groomsmen - Shared. I let them choose their barong pero I gave them a budget. Mahal yung nagustuhan nilang barong so they added na lang.

Accommodation for entourage (for out of town wedding) - They paid for their own accomodation

Transport - They paid for their own transpo to the island. We paid for a bus/vans to pick up all guests from their hotel to church, from church to reception and reception back to hotel. We spent mga 10-12k just on transpo.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 pm by LilaFowler »

detteski

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:06:49 pm »
For us naman sis, we bought the fabrics for the Female Entourage - Secondary Sponsors, Bridesmaids and even for the Principal Sponsors. Sila na bahala to shoulder the cost nung pagtahi. :)
For the Male Entourage, we'll provide lang the Necktie (para uniform) since we assume na they each own a suit naman na. hehe :)

For their accommodation and transpo naman, no need na to provide since Alabang area lang naman ang event. :)
HMUA, their choice din if they want to avail the services of my HMUA team pero sabi ko sa kanila pricey yung per pax na rate  so hanap sila ng mas mura. :)


winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:04:07 am »
Hair and Makeup for Sponsors, Bridesmaids --- since out of town, I suggest that the couple should  shoulder this one na lang.

Gowns for Sponsors, Bridesmaids --- For sponsors, okay lang na sila magprovide ng gowns nila and usually ganon ang setup. Just tell them kung anong kulay or shade ang dapat. For the bridesmaids, usually sinasagot din ng couple but for us, we opted to buy the fabric na lang and sila na magpapatahi. Although, majority of my bridesmaids walang idea kung saan magpapatahi so we referred them dun sa kilala namin.
 
Suits of groomsmen - This is one of my dilemma, too. I wanted the groomsmen in gray suits. Kaso I realized na ang mahal pala. And I don't think all of them can spend 5k for suit and pants. And nakakahiya din. So, I might have them in black suits na lang. Which is very common and I think yung iba sa kanila meron na. Madami ding marerent na black suits (Gardini). So for this, if black naman ang requirement ng couple, no need to pay for this na. Let the groomsmen shoulder it. Besides, magagamit pa nila yun even after the wedding.

Accommodation for entourage (for out of town wedding) --- They should pay for their own accommodation. I was a bridesmaid before for a wedding in Subic and I paid for my own. I just asked the couple if they have discount sa hotel where they'll be having their preps/reception and luckily meron.

Transport --- Same. They should pay for their own. I think out of town weddings ang sukatan how special the couple are to them. LOL.

wild_berries

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:22:13 am »
I guess a follow up question to this, how about accommodation ng ninong ninang? Parang kasi sa Baguio it looks like na kelangan 2 nights rather than paakyatin sila ng 7am on the same day for a lunch wedding ceremony tapos hanggang late night na so sa wedding night overnight din.

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 10:36:10 pm »
For me, and the common that I know of, the Ninongs/Ninangs should shoulder their accommodation. Is the reception in a hotel? If yes, I know that some hotels offer discounts for the couple's guests. That's the least you can offer to them siguro or refer them to a budget-friendly hotel.

Quote
Parang kasi sa Baguio it looks like na kelangan 2 nights rather than paakyatin sila ng 7am on the same day for a lunch wedding ceremony tapos hanggang late night na so sa wedding night overnight din.

I think hindi na to dapat intindihin ng couple. Let the guests decide kung mag-additional overnight or uuwi na. Baguio is a 4-5hr drive na lang naman. Keep the reception short for the sake din ng guests.

Question, why did the couple choose Baguio? Knowing that all their guests will be coming from Manila?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:03:06 pm by winkar22 »

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 06:52:20 am »
^ Super agree!

I, for one, wanted a  Batanes wedding (still want to, maybe renewal of vows lol) But, of course, budget wise hindi sya feasible. We can shoulder our immediate families expenses pero not our relatives and friends. Airfare pa lang sa Batanes super mahal na and I know na kahit gustuhin nila umattend ng kasal ko, unfair naman na paggastusin ko sila nang bongga.

SInce the couple felt na "naipit" na yung guests, if they have the means to shoulder the expenses like transpo and accommodation, I say go ahead.

mariamanolo

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:05 am »
I for one, naging guest na din sa Baguio wedding. at me and my fiance talk it over if we would have destination wedding.

Hair and Makeup for Sponsors, Bridesmaids - the couple should provide for this one. I mean, look for a HMUA to do their makeups and depende sa budget nyo if you will shoulder everything or they will pay for it. look for local HMUA para less cost na din, and no OOTF.

Gowns for Sponsors, Bridesmaids - for sponsors, no need. usually ang setup is to tell them the motif of your wedding and they can always go for beige or what they have in their closet. for entourage naman, again depende sa budget nyo. you may shoulder it all or semi. Just what others said.

Suits of groomsmen - hehe again depende sa budget nyo. if you wanted uniform, unique and can squeeze into your wedding budget why not.

Accommodation for entourage (for out of town wedding) - just provide them the names of hotels and houses na pwde irent that are near to your wedding venues.

Transport - going there no need na siguro. specially for those who will commute. but recommend them to rent a van, and inform and create a group of people. para magkakasama na sila at mayron na silang sasakyan to move around the city.

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Who pays for what?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 08:38:56 am »
Hi! Nung wedding namin ito ginawa namin:

Hotel Accommodation for my 3 MOHs - Ours
HMU - Ours
Gowns and Suits - Sa kanila (yun na lang yung gift nila sa amin)
Socks and Neckties - Samin din
Food during preps - Samin din

Manila area lang kami pero kung OOT wedding, I'll make sure to shoulder the accommodation and transpo para hassle-free for my entourage. :)


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close