Author Topic: Condom for Highschool Student  (Read 2473 times)

airish_2

• Super GirlTalker
  • You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Condom for Highschool Student
« on: January 19, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »
It's been a topic for week, nakakapagtaka lang na ito yung pinupush ng doh gagastos lang din sila bakit hindi na lang ituro ang pros and cons pag nagbuntis ng maaga dapat isabay ito sa Reproductive system na itinuturo kung bakit nagkaka pubic hair at bakit nagkakaroon ng menstruation o mas maganda Financial literacy ang ituro.

Giving condom will do nothing gagamit ng condom and then what? May kulang kasi sa mga subject na itinuturo kaya dapat dito mag focus.
We don't need more laws, we need implementation.

yelle

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Condom for Highschool Student
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:44 pm »
I think hindi naman siguro nila basta basta nalang ibigay ang condom sa mga kabataan. I read this article from CNN.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/01/11/DOH-condom-distribution-schools-sex-education-counseling.html

DOH Secretary: Condom distribution in schools to come with sex education, counseling

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) Condom distribution in schools will be accompanied by sex education, the Health Department said Wednesday.

Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Paulyn Ubial said the Department of Health, in tandem with the Department of Education, will teach the "ABC" framework: "Abstinence, Being faithful, and Condom use."

"Our main advocacy for young people and the youth is actually abstinence and delaying sexual debut. And if they cannot do that... be faithful, so have only one partner," Ubial told CNN Philippines' The Source.

"C is (for) condom use, which is the last resort in terms of protecting yourself from unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections," she added.

The condoms are expected to be distributed in school clinics or health centers.

Ubial added that teachers will be trained on how to impart lessons on sex education.

"In that way, the students are alerted that these are the ways of preventing unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infection," said Ubial. "And therefore they would individually approach the teacher, and that's the time they will be counseled," she added.

Ubial says their three-point agenda covers health insurance coverage, service delivery, and protection from infectious diseases.

Quote from the link above, according to DOH statistics.

"One in 10 Filipino girls aged 15 to 19 are either pregnant or already mothers, according to figures released by the Philippine Statistics Authority in 2014.

Meanwhile, over 8,000 HIV/AIDS cases of people under 25 years old were recorded between January 2011 and June 2016.
"

I think this is in line with the current admin's Executive Order to fully implement modern family planning by 2018.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/01/11/Duterte-EO-supporting-family-planning.html

Kung naalala nyo yung balita dati tungkol sa maraming nagka HIV/AIDS esp. call center agents. I think it's about time na rin talaga ang matinding supporta ng government dito kasi kung pagbabasehan natin ang satistics may 8000 HIV/AIDS cases of people under 25 yrs old na pano pa kaya yung mga hindi narereport. As a mom of a teenage girl, I support DOH's advocacy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:14:12 pm by yelle »

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:06:49 am »
Tama, it should be accompanied by education so they know the why and the how of using it. Otherwise, sayang lang ang pera dahil hindi nila yan gagamitin.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
  • #cantbuyclass
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:53:01 pm »
giving condoms + sex education. we have to face the truth, a damn lot of mothers nowadays are less than 20yrs old. i've seen a handful of 14years old 2nd time mothers. or 21 year olds with 3 children already. let's step down from this high horse and acknowledge that this is really the situation, it's the first step to solving a problem.
having the knowledge of contraception doesn't necessarily entail na they'll be using it. mga pinoys pa todo hiya di ba. they'd rather torture themselves forever wondering if they're pregnant (and even take the time to make a thread in forums asking if they're pregnant lol) instead of buying over the counter pregtests that are usually screaming at their faces sa watson's cashier table lol. so how much more mga condoms.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:14:24 pm by iwannabeasupermodel »
I know women - and none of us are that nice

ataypool

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:09:07 pm »
The Pinoy macho culture na laging babae ang dapat mag-birth control has to stop too.

tischarmedlife

• Super Mommy
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a warrior and a survivor
    • TisCharmedLife
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 04:45:47 am »
Same thoughts: distribution of condoms should be accompanied with education. Marami rin ako kilala na 16-18 year olds, buntis na. If the kids nowadays can't be stopped from doing it, they might as well be protected from STDs or unwanted pregnancy.
"I think, therefore I am"

http://tischarmedlife.wordpress.com/

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 06:18:51 am »
Sorry old school ako pero i am uncomfortable giving condoms to minors kahit pa may education na kasama. Siguro 16 up pero younger than that, ayaw ko muna sana. Para kasing ineencourage ang mga kabataan na its just ok to do that. (Sorry if di ko na nabasa article, kung anong scope and kung ilang taon ang pwedeng bigyan)
just know you can :)

tischarmedlife

• Super Mommy
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a warrior and a survivor
    • TisCharmedLife
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 06:21:16 am »
^ Yes. 16 above dapat, for me. The gov't should consider giving it to senior high school students lang. Age bracket naman ng senior high between 16-19.
"I think, therefore I am"

http://tischarmedlife.wordpress.com/

dismembered

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Damn you all!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »
^ I don't know, The way I see this, I think, yung condom is for the last resort na lang. Kung hindi mo mapipigilan after education, better to educate na lang sila to do it responsibly.  Kahit hindi bigyan ng condom yan, madali naman bumili at bibili at bibili yan kung ginusto talaga nila. Grade 6 ako may mga classmate akong nakakabili na ng condom sa mga pharmacy para paglaruan nila. 14 years old ako, mga classmates ko, mga ibang level na at kung ano ano na ang pinaggagawa without using contraceptives. So I think better to educate them... at pag hindi na mapigilan, made this contraceptive available na lang to them. Education talaga yung key word. Dapat hindi mawala yun.
"Look, I really don't want to go to hell, but I can't stop my nature. I'm just a hateful person."

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 11:32:20 pm »
May nabasa ako, me libreng jowa din ba daw sa mga single...LOL!
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 07:47:48 am »
condoms are given because you can never really control people.  sex is powerful. it has drawn people for centuries and centuries....its not like we're the first generation who decided that lecturing is the proper way....  the problem is the instinct...so when people become irrational... at least there are quick options
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close