Hi Sissies! Grabe na-busy ako after wedding. But I feel like utang ko sa GT ito since I've learned a lot here and medyo late na rin ako naka join ng weddings at work, 2 mos before my wedding. So a big chunk of my learnings are from this group.
We got married last April 29 and based from experience, as a bride, i have the tendency to splurge. I failed at some point to make wiser decisions too even as far as choosing a supplier for things like sparklers, matches etc.
But for me, since me and my husband agreed to invest on our major suppliers I realized the things that you dont need to put too much effort on.
1. Invitations- though I believe that you have to make a good impression. I should have gotten a more affordable supplier for this kasi halos ang mga invites ngayon pare pareho na. I liked the outcome of our invitation, and everybody liked it. But for brides to bes i suggest wag na maghire ng calligrapher for wedding envelopes, sticker names will do as added cost lang yun. I had mine in laser cut, pero ive seen invites na hindi naman laser cut but equally elegant as well and besides may envelope naman. Added cost din and time consuming ang foil stamping, letterpress, embossed etc. Just make sure that it looks nice and clean and readable, totally fine.
2. Wedding Cake - I got what was included in the package of my reception. But I upgraded it since I took out the flowers from the package, I did not pay extra pa for this. Though remember ang wedding cake pinipictureran din ng mga guests, so if you want to scrimp on this just make sure you choose the design and the colors are aligned with your theme. My guests liked the cake, my friends even told me akala daw ba nila hindi ko na ineffortan yung cake.
3. Accessories
Personalized Hangers- we have a bride and groom hangers which my photographers took photos of. But the hangers we gave to PS hindi na as we gave it before our wedding day so they have something to use on the actual day. Added cost lang din besides 150 each din yun, i also made a separate stationery card for that that says "please dont leave us HANGING" its nice to have but you can just skip this and put your investment on PS gifts.
Unity Candles - i had it personalized too but we did not use it. What our coordinators did na lang was they used it to lit the sparklers after the ceremony.
Entourage gifts - for groomsmen we gave them bow ties, boxer shorts and printed socks. Its too cute in the photos. But doesnt matter if you are only giving them one gift. Kasi kami we gave pa wedding favors and may photobooth kami. One is enough. Kahit sa videos, hindi naman napansin lahat.
For bridesmaids, robes naman. Ok lang na maggift nito pero ineffortan ko yung boxes, personalized stickers and the gift cards in it. I should have put a simple card lang. kasi during the wedding day, photographers will just take 2 or more shots of the little details but ang impt talaga yung pictures nyo with the ento, the bonding. Mas nakikita sya. So focus on the big things. Yung nasusuot at nakikita lang! Haha. Maybe invest on toasting with the girls or anything na creative gawin during the shoot.
Arrhaes, bible, pillows, bag, veil, cord - for arrhae bumili lang ako sa dept store. I bought a big bible, i suggest small lang kasi maliit lang ang pillows and ibbless yun ni father and thats it. You wont use it sa church and i suppose may personal bible naman tayo. The rest sa gown designer ko na.
Shoes- my original plan was to buy a jimmy choo shoes, and I was ready to buy it, kinonsensya lang ako ng mom ko so i bought a shoes from Dune for only 6k. Saves me 30k!
3. Ceremony strings and singers - I got a trio strings and 1 singer. Kahit duo lang pwede na. Plus yung strings ko nasa taas lang sila hindi rin kita. Better if iinvest na lang sa reception since limited lang naman din ang pwede nila kantahin sa church. Usually processional and picture taking lang the rest are liturgical songs.
4. DJ - glad i cancelled this. Who among the guest will stay up late. For sure they are too tired na rin plus you guys need to spend time together din. Also make use of the lights and sounds na lang, just let them play upbeat music, thats what i did, some stayed for a drink or 2 then left na rin.
5. Band- optional. Its your choice. But you can choose between strings or band. What I did was I had string quintet for reception plus 2 singers (male and female). Pero you can have both its up to you. Wag masyado madaming entertainment, wala nang gagawin yung l&s masyado nun. May host pa tayo plus may dance pa with the groom and father. Games pa. Super dami na nun.
6. Missalettes- we had ours na glossy pa. 90 pesos per missals. Mahal! Hindi naman kailangan glossy pa ang paper
7. Mobile Bar- we skipped it. Since we have 17 bottles na corkage free. Hindi rin nila nafeel na kulang dami pa natira, others requested for coffee/tea.
The things naman that you need to splurge on:
1. FOOD
2. PHOTO AND VIDEO
3. GOWN - doesnt need to be so expensive but something that is not the usual style. Come on girls, we all need to look beautiful.
4. EVENT STYLIST
5. COORDINATOR- para stress free!
Lahat ng tao ang titignan sa ceremony hindi yung flowers, yung gown mo. Sa reception, yung food ang una nilang iisipin plus the theme of your wedding, yung flowers sa table sa stage and all. Pag settled na sila, maappreciate na nila yung photo and video presentation.
Not important but nice to have:
1. LED WALL
2. Live feed- para the ones that are far can still watch what you are doing.
3. Confetti machine - i promise! lalo na sa first dance nyo.
4. Strings
Yan muna for now. I'll edit this pag may naisip pa ako. Haha! Happy preps!!!!
