watch now

Author Topic: How to "Adult" 101: How did you start your independent life?  (Read 1230 times)

oshiawase

  • Guest
How to "Adult" 101: How did you start your independent life?
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:17:38 pm »
Hi! I have just recently graduated from College after years of struggling. Now, I plan to be independent (financially, most specifically) from my family. Thing is, I don't know where to start.

I live in Cavite but I plan to work in Makati/Quezon City. I also stay in a condominium unit but I do not know whether to just rent one or buy one.

Basically, I do not know where to start. How do you start saving money and achieving goals?

Maybe, you can share your own story and give me advice?

Thank you!

bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: How to "Adult" 101: How did you start your independent life?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 03:20:29 am »
Hi Sis!

First of all, congrats sa graduation and welcome to adulting heheh

So just to clarify,  you originally live in Cavite and now you're staying na sa condo, correct?
Who's staying with you sa condo? 

Who's paying for the rent/ammortization?  Who's paying for the bills?   If you can afford all of this, I guess you're already "adulting" na =)

Also, what level of independence are you looking for? =)

With me kasi,  I moved out after college when I knew I could already afford to pay for my food, shelter, gas and capricho! hehe..  Another reason was because my partner at that time was renting a place and it was more convenient for us to stay together and share the expenses na lang.

Side note also,  it would be nice to maintain a file (I use excel) to monitor your budget versus expenses.  Late ko na siya ginawa but it would be nice if you could start early.  This way, you can allocate your finances accordingly and prevent na ma short or off budget.







MoonshineLady

  • Guest
Re: How to "Adult" 101: How did you start your independent life?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »
before i went abroad, i was a very dependent person of my parents/lola/tito/tita. im an only child kasi. when i went abroad i was 23 that time dun ko lang lahat natutunan pano maging independent. mahirap sa una lalo na ang layo ko sa family ko. but i learned everything by my own kasi wala naman akong ibang aasahan kundi sarili ko. i think when you take the first step of living independently like working abroad or live outside your home, dun ka matuto pano ka makakasurvive talaga. basta may trabaho ka at kaya mong tustusan mga pangangailangan mo then go ahead and try to live independently.

Dun sa mga bata pa or just graduated, i would suggest na magstart na magipon habang bata pa. get a life insurance, open savings bank acct, invest on stocks / mutual funds etc. so you can start to discipline yourself of saving money at an early age. ito ang isa sa malaking regret ko when i was younger, i didnt invest or save money. i was magastos, travel dito, shopping don, gimik jan! ngayong matanda na ako saka lang ako nagiipon kung kelan may pamilya na ako. i dont mean din naman na huwag na kayong magenjoy but i would advise to limit it. always look at your future/ follow your goals in life. add to your goals in life to be financially independent. budget your money wisely, make sure you allot for savings and investments which is very impt.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close