Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17  (Read 77727 times)

katniss

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2017, 03:18:04 pm »
Ang dami ko na napagtanungan pero wala talaga ako makitang entou make-up na below 1k! hehe. ganun na ba talaga kamahal ngayon? lol. pasuggest naman ng below 1k na entou make-up please. :) tia! :D

rouged.ramen

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2017, 03:45:28 pm »
^alam mo before meron pang-800/head based sa mga nababasa ko online but now parang nagtaas na sila.  But you could try these, nakita ko lang din sila sa forums and group:

Aiky Nar Make Up Studio
Kristine Viudez of Tint Philippines
Krystel Recella
Jhing Canlas
Jeny Cedillo
Kat Alegonza Makeup Artistry
Makeup by Joyce

Ako naman, what I did was when I booked my HMUA, I asked her first if she knows/recommend someone that can give 1000 to 1200/head na rate since yun lang kasi budget ko.  She recommended her hairstylist na marunong din mag-make-up.  In fact, nagma-make-up daw siya sa mga commercial shoots and TV shows and she can even vouch for his work.  She said she's sure that he can give it at 1200/head.  So ako sige siya na lang kesa pahirapan ko pa sarili ko maghanap and at least bawas na din sa crew meal compared to getting a separate team for my entourage.  Mabilis din daw gumawa and since recommended naman niya and andoon naman siya to check his work, ok na din sa akin. Hindi na ko choosy. Hehe! ;D

katniss

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
yay! thanks much sis! check ko sila :)  yun nga rin sana ang balak ko na kung sino sa bridal make-up yun na rin for entou kaso nasa 1200 pataas yung mga nakikita ko.


Ziyi

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
I got make-up by Razie for my entourage. She gave me 8 heads for 7k package. You can try and leave her a message on her fb page https://www.facebook.com/makeupdiarybyrazieestinopo/

katniss

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2017, 05:44:02 pm »
^yup sya first choice ko but booked na sya on my date :( thanks anyway sis.

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2017, 09:39:56 pm »
^ Try Nini Marquez din. 1k per head ang charge nya.

bollin_pop

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2017, 01:29:53 pm »
Ang dami ko na napagtanungan pero wala talaga ako makitang entou make-up na below 1k! hehe. ganun na ba talaga kamahal ngayon? lol. pasuggest naman ng below 1k na entou make-up please. :) tia! :D

Sis katniss - you may try Linkee Cousnard. I got her for my ento/PS for traditional make-up. :)

katniss

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »
thanks everyone for your suggestion. :) :) :) inquired with them na :)

Gemini64

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2017, 01:48:35 pm »
Got this 3 make-up artists with the same offer 18k for 13 entourage(bridesmaid +2mother's), 5 flowergirls and bride hair and make-up... still not decided kung cnu sa knila kukunin ko, maybe will try the 3 of them sa ibat ibang events na pupunthan ko.. pero very responsive cla thru fb:                 Jerry Dee Make up Artistry, Jeffray Reyes and Make up by Jon. You may check them out girls.. or if natry nyo na cla pls share you experience..thanks!

katniss

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2017, 03:19:13 pm »
^will check the out too :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:51 am »
HMUA: Aiky Nar
Rate: 10/10

He is one of my favorites talaga sa wedding namin! Even before pa during our trial sa Bridal Fair magaan na talaga ang loob ko sa kanya and kahit mabilisan yung trial na-achieve niya ang look na gusto ko na fresh and natural. :) Bukod pa dun, super affordable niya, binulungan ko lang siya to haggle ano yung budget ko and ang bilis nag yes agad siya. :) Got him for 11 pax. Kasama niya team niya to accommodate na din may entourage. Siya yung nag make up samin ni hubby, the rest team na niya. :)


Nung nag 2nd trial kami (also for free) super ganda and long lasting. Even a few make up artists friends bilib sa kanya at sa make up ko because nagpasama ako sa kanila to make sure I made the right decision. Napaisip din kasi ako nun na magpalit and kumuha ng high end (influence ng social media at celebs) hahaha! Pero nanaig pa din ang pagiging nice niya sakin at budget na din kaya di na ako nagpalit. :)


Alagang alaga kami kahit busy siya because he just opened his salon, very resposnsive pa din, and as always very nice and mahinhin. :)

On our wedding day, super dami ko na-receive na compliments na super ganda ko and maganda yung make up. Fresh, dewy, na medyo may pagka glam yung eyes (like what I requested). Super na-achieve niya. Siya din ang hairstylist ko and ang dami din pumuri, kahit sa guestbook ko sinulat ng guests kaya super kakakilig talaga. :) One of the best decisions na di ako nagpalit!!

The only thing lang na na-notice ko, medyo nagulo siya sa total HC ng team niya kaya make sure to message him from time to time about it. :)

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »
My HMUA was Lindsay Co-Alog. Hair is by Rexie.

I'm satisfied naman with my makeup. Very detailed yung work sa eyes (although I find the inner corner highlight a bit much), and I'm very happy with the brows (dun kasi ako particular). I got good feedback din from guests and they said I still looked like myself pa din (ayoko kasi na mag-"transform").  :)

My call-time was 2:30am, and they were outside my door, on the dot. Very professional din yung set-up and they were super easy to work with. I did not have any problems with them during the wedding day talaga.

May few minor issues; like my groom said hindi masyado naayos hair nya. Lindsay was also double-booked, which I don't mind, pero she said kasi na she will be with me until sa church, but she left even before I put on my gown (Rexie was still there naman kasi I paid for touch up din). Tapos they retouched my makeup with MAC Studio Fix, when I explicitly said na I don't like that product.

I guess yung biggest issue ko talaga is two days before the wedding she contacted me to ask if pwede ako mag-provide ng hotel accommodations kasi daw ang aga pala ng call time. First of all, we ask all our suppliers before booking if they require a hotel room for exactly that reason. She said no. When we reminded her of this, nawala daw sa isip nya na early morning pala yung call time, which I find strange kasi nga she was double-booked on that day. To be fair she asked very nicely naman and all, pero I just felt cornered. On the one hand, this was not in the contract, and super mahal na ng hotel rooms since peak season (this was one day before ng check-in date, if ever). On the other hand, I have no more time to look for a new HMUA, and I don't want to work with someone in bad faith.

In the end I asked our coord to deal with this whole mess na lang since they recommended her in the first place (and sila din nag-negotiate ng contract terms), and we were firm na we will not shoulder the hotel expense. To be honest, I don't mind paying for the hotel room talaga, pero we just really did not appreciate the timing. Thankfully, they performed well naman nga nung wedding day. Pero with all the wedding stress diba it was one issue we could've done without.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:59:03 pm by littlemissbiatch »

kobekitten

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2017, 10:15:53 am »
^Buti nalang Lindsay didn't respond to my inquiries  ;D

Any Mariah Santos brides (or friends of Mariah brides) here? How'd you find her work?

Lately, parang ang kapal ng makeup niya sa brides. I know, transformation talaga forte niya. I don't want this though. Gusto ko enhancement lang, fresh blushing look.

Does she listen to requests of brides on how they want to look, and deliver accordingly?

Not getting a makeup trial kasi ang mahal na  :(

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:38 pm »
^^ Mariah Santos Bride here pero sa April pa, Im's sure he'll listen, he told me finofollow naman nya requests ng Brides, like kay Bangs, gusto ng bushy brows maski di yun ang usual nya ginagawa.  :D

Minchin16

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2017, 09:05:40 pm »
hi mga sis! My hmua is mariah santos..very elegant and blooming sya mag make up.. expert din siya mag cover ng dark circles and pimples.. sobra mga makeup transformation nya pero for those naman na maganda na ieenhance nya nalang.. 😊 siya mua nila karelmarquez, bangs garcia, sam pinto etc.. check nyo ig niya @mariahsantos23 😊

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2017, 09:24:22 pm »
Torn between toni aviles, eds go, and ish sison. I like all of their works naman since I'm too particular since I'm not into make-up. I just wanted to look good and glowing on our wedding day.

Any not so good (since for sure marami naman good feedbacks) feedback on the three shortlisted
hmua?

Also, is trial makeup really necessary? It's expensive din kasi and I can spend that amount to other things like PS gifts.

TIA

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »
^same tayo! although medyo nasa bottom ko si toni aviles because of budget issues. lol. But I really like the way she does makeup. I am also considering Muriel Vega Perez. You might want to check his works din. I've worked with him (I'm a photographer) and he is so bubbly.

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:24 pm »
^ thanks sis. Check ko sya. Anong price range nya? Actually toni aviles and ish sison is also a recommendation of my photog - Law Tapalla...

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:43 am »
PM'd you @hearty2017.

Baka may marerefer pa kayo na similar style with Toni Aviles? Or is she open to discuss discounts?  ;)

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 17
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2017, 08:17:30 pm »
^ I tried asking discount via email pero their rate is fix din.

Just wondering if anyone booked Toni without trial? Ang mahal kasi ng trial nya and we're not having a prenup naman to see her actual work before the wedding.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close