Author Topic: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15  (Read 98135 times)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:31 am »
^ This is one of my worries. Kaya before we booked the photographer, I already asked if I could have all the raw footage and shots for the day. So If I don't like their edit, I can get someone to do it for us. Pero you can't fix out of focus photos and shots they miss.

I think some photographers if the wedding does not match their aesthetic or if the wedding is not significant to their portfolio, mediocre lang yung effort that they put in. The problem is that they only show their best shots, sana you can ask them for the worst SDE/album and judge them based on that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:49:26 am by LilaFowler »

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:34 am »
If only naisip ko yan when we booked them! HUhuhu! And I'm sure di naman nila ipapakita if they have panget na gawa kasi alam nila it will turned us off! Nakakasama lang ng loob kasi I trusted them without giving them any inputs kasi nga ang basis ko mga posts nila so yun ang expected ko. Kaloka lang nung inisa isa ko na photos namin wala yung mga important shots. I also informed them about our sentiments na din and they are willing to re-edit our photos, but editing is not enough lalu na if there are shots na namiss nila! :(  The only thing I can think of para makaiwas sa nangyari samin is direct them on what you need to see. Di ko na yan naisip pang gawin. :( I don't hate them naman kasi nga they were good people pero I can't teach my heart to move on sa ngayon kasi nasaktan at nalungkot talaga ako,. Can't give any reviews yet kasi I wanna see yung quality prints and yung mga papa-change namin.

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:39 am »
^ I feel you sis! Buti na lang kami nakuha na namin yung raw photos and videos, and dun na lang sa friend namin na photog namin ipapaedit. Aba, yung nirerequest kasi naming edited photos sa orig wedding photog namin, until naw wala pa. 2014 pa kami kinasal. Buti yung album nadeliver na. :(

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2017, 12:28:40 pm »
Hello kdramaholic :)

May I know who's your photographer?

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2017, 01:15:50 pm »
Awwww sis barbillie.. Ang tagal na nga nun grabe :( Mag follow up ka at kulitin mo, baka nakalimot na sila.. Yung samin we got the soft copies after 2 months, not bad na din I think. Nasa part naman namin yung may pagka mabagal mag send ng ipapa-edit and ipapaprint pero sana pag nagbigay na kami di naman ganun katagal mag hintay. :)


LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2017, 01:28:54 pm »
@kdramaholic maybe you can still ask me them for a copy of the raw photos and footage.

It also helps I think to have a shot list so your photographers know which shots are important to you.

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »
In fairness naman sis LilaFowler they gave everything to us.. Sabi nila yun na daw lahat ng files included na yung raw! :) The only thing na super love namin about them is masaya sila ka-work because super nice nga talaga!!! :) Di kami nastress at all..

Sa lahat ng couples malalaman niyo lang talaga na super satisfied kayo sa photos pag na-receive niyo na yung copies like what happened to us.. :o Lalu na if may expectations kayo.. Di enough ang on-site! Unless otd ng event makuha niyo na din ang raw files para makita niyo na kaagad if super ok ba or hindi.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2017, 02:56:11 pm »
^ This is true. Our photog was super nice din to work with, wala talaga kami masabi. But when we got our photos na, I guess medyo nakulangan din ako. The flatlays weren't impressive, too few pics of our flower girls and ring bearers (I didn't think it would be necessary to remind them of this), and dun sa pictures ko na I was walking towards the church, yung photog pa yung photobomber haha. Not super obvious naman, pero still visible.

I don't know if they were uninspired lang sa wedding namin, or if they didn't have enough time kasi it was very early in the morning.

At any rate, they were still able to capture a lot of candid moments, and that was primarily why we got them in the first place. When I scroll through the photos I can't help but smile pa din kasi everyone looks so happy talaga. So we don't regret booking them pa din, pero I agree nga na once you get the photos, and once you're over the wedding high, nun mo lang talaga ma-evalute objectively yung photographer.


kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »
^ I really agree talaga na after the wedding high mo ma-eevaluate kung 100% satisfied ka ba sa gawa nila. :) Masaya din ang morning wedding, maganda at bright ang photos! I'm sure your wedding was really beautiful sis! :)

What matters most naman din was successful yung event, di lang maiwasan ma-sad kasi the only thing that will remind you of that ay yung photos and videos! :)

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2017, 03:46:31 pm »
Magiging enough lang ang portfolios online if and only if lahat ng clients na nahandle nila nakapost mga P/V  at di lang yung best shots  ang posted. In that way maeeval mo talaga sila. Kala ko kasi nung una sa video namin delayed lang sila magpost kasi big company sila. Yun pala filtered na mga posts nila.

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2017, 03:53:15 pm »
^ sadly sis, yan din ang buong akala ko! Until di pinost photos namin! :p Kasi kahit ako naibahan eh.. Ahahaha! Kami pa naman ni hubby super bantay at tinitignan namin talaga! Kaloka sila.. Later watch ko SDE mo sis. :) I hope feeling better ka na! :)

Xgbride17

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2017, 05:00:45 pm »
Sad to hear your Mayad experience sis @maedonnas! Hugs! Fan pa naman ako ng works nila before and even considered them during p/v hunting but they charged me an OTF of 100k for my wedding so I ditched the idea na. Saw the SDE and in all honesty, kulang ng MAYAD touch as compared sa mga featured videos sa site nila pero heartfelt pa din naman ang overall feel and pretty ka naman throughout the video so don't be too sad na.


Lesson learned: We can never be too sure.

[/size][size=78%]We'll be having our prenup in Cebu, thus booked Shangri-la Mactan (free to use the premises for shoots but they are not allowing drones to be flown within the area). Still looking for other alternatives though. [/size]

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2017, 06:52:08 pm »
we'll be okay eventually, i reviewed just to help future brides din in making wise decisions.

Xgbride17

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2017, 07:02:57 pm »
Yes sis @maedonnas! Helpful talaga ang review mo, madami pa naman akong fellow overseas brides considering Mayad. :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »
sis maedonnas watched your video na, naiyak ako sa vows mo! huhuhu super na-touch ako!

anyway, re: sa video I really get you bakit ka disappointed kasi MAYAD yun eh, and natural lang na mataas ang expectations nyong mag asawa! Maganda yung video but wala yung MAYAD touch! Di ko din ma-explain pero I really understand where you're coming from.. Ang mahalaga naman maganda yung overall wedding niyo and you looked stunning! :) -- I also keep telling this to myself and hubby, pampalubag loob hehe

Dinadaan ko na lang din sa tawa yung photos namin eh pero nakakalungkot talaga.. I wish maka move on na tayo and maging happy. :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:16:40 am by kdramaholic »

Ziyi

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2017, 07:27:31 pm »
Been quite busy with all the wedding preps kaya ngayon lang ulit nakapagpost.. I feel for you mga sis, especially from the latest posts about videographers and photographers that didn't quite meet your expectation.


maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2017, 07:31:48 pm »
Thanks sisses, i hope mabasa din ng mayad team mga opinion niyo. Nagbigay na kami ng review sakanila, naisip ko lang before dipa ako nagbibigay ng review dito, baka isipin nila kami lang nagsasabi nun, at least coming from others would confirm our judgment. :)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2017, 11:10:45 am »
So sad to hear that sis Maedonnas. I watched your SDE and maganda sya, pero tama ka na hindi nga sya kagaya ng ibang pinopost nila na may oomph factor. Hindi pala consistent si Mayad. Akala ko hindi filtered mga pinopost nila. Nonetheless, you're a very stunning bride. And you looked very happy on your wedding. Congrats sis and best wishes. ❤

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:39 pm »
Oh sorry to hear that maedonnas Fan ako ni Mayad since we shortlisted them before and I actually like Carmela though mas prefer ko either si King or Luis. So after the 4th revision you have to pay na? Before the wedding pa didn't you brainstorm with the director about how you guys want your SDE to look like?


Heyille029

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 15
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »
My concern naman are the out-of-town fees although I should have braced myself for such fees when we decided to have a "destination" wedding. I feel sad that I might not be able to book the photographer that I want because of her OOTF. She has the most expensive OOTF so far of all the photographers I've asked plus two-night accommodation for 7 people. Ayoko naman sana tipirin ng sobra yung budget for videographer. :'(

Can you recommend PV packages that are around 100k (or less) including na miscellaneous fees? I have inquired with CamZar and Zoombox so far.  They have a special "team" package pala though it's more than the 100k mark plus OOTF. Thank you so much.

Hi sis sophistique, you might want to check J Franco Films and Mara and Mike Photography. They are very nice and maganda yung output ng photos and videos. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close