watch now

Author Topic: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)  (Read 138666 times)

swtgrl_bee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2017, 12:55:00 pm »
^Ako naman alam ko na dati pa na nagyoyosi sila. Pero hindi nga nila pinapakita sa mga vlogs nila. Halata kasi sa ngipin/gums nila eh.

Hindi na ako nanonood ng vlogs nila ngayon, pero I doubt naman na nagyoyosi sila noong preggy siya? Siguro kaya naman nilang ihinto yun ng 9 months di'ba?

simang

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2017, 01:05:26 pm »
Parang binanggit nya yata once na totally stop sya nung pregnant sya, even vape.

thinkbubble

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2017, 06:20:16 pm »
Foreign YTubers I follow are Kathleen Lights, Tati, The Beauty Breakdown, Zoella and Jamie Page. But it was really Bubzbeauty and Michelle Phan who started everything for me. Sayang lang na Michelle Phan no longer uploads as often and not the same heartfelt content. Super dreamy ng videos nya dati lalo na yung short love stories nya na almost film-like na. si Bubzbeauty naman I used to follow her lalo na when she was just starting out. She's so inspiring. I only stopped when she moved to HK and nung nagka-baby na kasi di na ko maka-relate.

Sa mga Pinoy YTubers I really like Mimi especially when she does hauls and first impression vids. She's so underrated and deserved a lot more followers. i like the way she speaks and very likeable yung personality nya. Isha Borromeo too medyo finafollow ko na din regularly. I feel like she has the most honest voice sa lahat ng Vloggers sa Pinas and she does not try too hard. Gusto ko yung Sephora hauls and reviews nya. I also like Janina and her personality. She's so young yet she's accomplished so much. I sorta felt proud when she interviewed Charlie Puth and was chosen to be on Coachella for Maybelline. Para akong older sister nya totally rooting for her. She'll go places talaga.

Anna Cay naman I only watch her channel when she does hauls. The rest of her videos are not my cup of tea, and there's something about her talaga na medyo off. Di ko mapinpoint kung ano. Like she's not totally being herself? Maybe if she can let loose and be more out there? Or maybe sa personality lang talaga nya. I don't know. I wasn't bothered with her sleeveless tops na paulit-ulit before, pero nung may video sya with that horrendously huge bruise na di man lang muna nya inexplain sa video or caption nakakaloka. Que horror! Like okay ka lang ba Ate? Di mo talaga naisip na baka ma-bother ang viewers? She explained in some videos na kesyo mainit sa room nya kaya yun lagi ang suot nya, pero judging from her earlier vids di naman sya nakasando lang lagi before. but you have to give it to her, when she does hauls, she really does hauls. I like the brands na bibinili nya since I am based abroad and wala akong access sa ibang local brands we have in Pinas. That's actually one of the reasons that endear Mimi by CoffeandSparkle to me kasi yung nirereview nya na brands easily available here. That's also the only reason why I still check out Anna Cay's channel from time to time. But my gosh, enough with those black or white sandos.

A few people mentioned Kris Lumagui, I love the way she talks and some of her reviews are okay naman pero her daily vlogs are so cringe-worthy. there's no need to be thatclose to the camera, Kris. Wag masyado izoom please. I automatically click out of the video kapag nakazoom na especially on her no-makeup days.

Those who do makeup reviews and tutorials are okay for me, but please wag na ipilit isama ang hubbies and even let them take over the vlogs. Lalo na't di kaaya-kaaya. I tend to skip those parts or click out completely. Case in point, Anne Clutz husband and Nina's husband. They really gotta go. Nina of Ouvretrends has a lot of potential to be an awesome beauty vlogger but her husband just ruins it for her. Jet should just hand over the vlog to Nina if they really want the channel to soar.

That's it. I have too much time in my hands right now. Next time na lang yung iba.

liana

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »
^ I agree with you sis about Nina of Ouvretrends. She has a lot of potential pero whenever I see her husband on their vlogs nawawalan ako ng gana panoorin. There's something about him na unlikeable.

^ natawa naman ako sa black or white sando ni Anna Cay. 

I just discovered Mimi from this thread and I like her

foxyhauteur

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2017, 09:17:29 pm »
Sablay nga sa fashion si Anna Cay. Minsan ang ganda ng damit at bag pero pag tingin sa paa naka-tsinelas lang. Nike slippers or Birkenstock.. I want to shake her sometimes! ;D

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2017, 09:21:25 pm »
si anna cay, i think she really came from a well off family. though to be honest medyo di nagjajive yung bf niya sa beauty and background niya. though may mga jeje times din si anna cay minsan.

liana

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2017, 09:38:44 pm »
^ actually sis may kaya din bf ni Anna according to my friend. If I'm not mistaken lawyer ang dad ni Geloi and his sister is an optometrist and owns an optical shop. Kasi naman si Geloi patpatin and di gaano maayos, like Anna mahilig magulit ng damit, natatawa nga ako pag nakikita ko yung blue Pepe jeans tshirt na 10x ko na ata nakita sa iba't ibang videos ni Anna LOL


iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2017, 11:06:18 pm »
^ ah ganun naman pala though siya ba may narating naman? siyempre iba rin yung personal achievement niya. tbh he looks like a loser but i kinda appreciate anna cay for sticking up with him even if he can get a hunk anytime. haha. and i really appreciate yung pagkain-kain nila sa food court and other jeje places. di sila yung aloof and snobbish.

runbarbierun

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2017, 11:21:18 pm »
^ Grabe naman 😅  But Geloi's a sports analyst, nasabi ni Anna yun sa live IG stories niya ata yun :)

liana

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2017, 12:00:30 am »
He's a stocks trader now. Not sure lang if college graduate sya, dun sa video of them together he mentioned na nag dlsu sya before pero nagpalipat lipat ata ng course

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2017, 12:51:55 am »
Lol parang ang judgy ko ba? Hahaha. Anyway that's good to know.

Btw i'm loving jeffreystar ngayon. Sobrang dami kong tawa sa vids niya. 😄

swtgrl_bee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2017, 02:06:02 pm »
^Hahahaha, natawa naman ako sa'yo sis.  :P

Pero to be honest akala ko din, kung saang galing lang si Geloi kasi resort owners pa pala itong mga Cay na ito. Plus other businesses. So nag research ako ng konting background ni Geloi ayun nga well off family din naman pala siya. Simple lang talaga sila.

pink_stardust

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2017, 11:57:48 am »
Recent discovery is Kenny Manalad.

In fairness parang aside from Ana Victorino (I don't think she regularly uploads though) sya lang yung nakikitaan ko ng natural skills when it comes to eye makeup. Although parang same style everytime duff eyeshadow shades and lip color lang, magaling pa din. May potential sya :-)

For hauls/reviews I only trust 3: Anna Cay, Mimi (CoffeeandSparklebyMimi), and Toni Sia.

Anna Cay is good when it comes to makeup din, in the sense na well blended palagi and malinis. Hindi lang sya magaling masyado sa eye looks.

Mimi and Toni I find them pleasant and very likeable. Not so much on makeup application (ok lang pero not really wow), pero I like their hauls and reviews. I like the brands they feature, iba unlike other vloggers na pare-parehong sponsored product ang finifeature.

Raiza Contawi is OK,  but sometimes cake yung base nya. I love her dog Spikey too!

Michelle Dy and Anne Clutz palaging di pantay yung kulay ng foundation sa skin nila, always too light for them. And for me medyo parang sell-out sila. Sayang si Anne I found her very likeable before pero ngayon mukhang pera pera na lang din.

Say Artillero is really good when it comes to winged liner. As in. Pero dun lang. When it comes to the rest if her makeup though medyo sablay. Esp her base (cakey) and lips (overlined to the point na mukhang clowny, or maybe it's just the shape of her entire mouth/nguso). Hauls and reviews nya not helpful at all. Always "awesome" "I really like it" "pak" "bongga"

hael2011

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2017, 10:58:51 am »
Dati i really like MIchelle Dy kasi kahit maarte at pasexy, feeling ko yun talaga ang personality nya. Pero ngayon parang ibang iba na siya. Inis na inis pa ako kapag pinapalaki niya yung ilong niya pag nagsasalita. Masyado na ako nababaklaan sa kanya. And puro sponsors, hindi ko tuloy alam kung legit na review or dahil sponsored lang.

I love Raiza, nagtataka ako bakit ang konti ng subscribers niya.

luningning

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
Anna Cay is my fave .. It doesn't matter kahit paulit ulit pa mga suot niya, she said naman before she is not fashionista talaga she only wears what is comfortable for her and I am good with that ..  for me enough na yung mga branded bags, watches,shoes  and high end make up niya.. Mas maganda naman investment yung mga  yon for me ::) .. I already saw her in person and she is so petite and accommodating at ang ganda ng legs niya.. She deserves everything kung anuman merun siya now..   ;) :)

swtgrl_bee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2017, 04:58:09 pm »
^Wow sis, saan mo siya na meet?

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2017, 05:04:59 pm »
^ feeling ko naman di mahirap makita si anna cay, home girl even eats at food court or turo turo sa tabi. that's what endears her to me, wapakels si atey kahit masabihan pa siyang jeje, di social climber. she can eat in a classy restaurant and sa turo-turo.

thinkbubble

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2017, 08:25:40 pm »
^^^ true that. anna cay is actually one of the better Pinay Youtubers na okay panoorin. but i'm still glad na i'm seeing less and less of the sandos in her recent vids. keep it up, ateng!  ;) saka sa dami ng magaganda and for sure comfy din naman na clothes nya, for sure she won't run out of options. i'm looking forward sa dubai haul nya and makeup collection video. consistent ang uploads lately.

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2017, 02:10:20 am »
I like Anna Cay lalo na yung mga haul which sometimes I try to avoid dahil talagang napapabili ako. Sobrang yaman lang talaga ni Anna. Yung Gucci shoes nya from Dubai, allowance na namin ni hubby yun for a one week vacation. Lol.

snowflakes08

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 3)
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2017, 04:30:32 pm »
^ same here sis napapabili talaga ako ng mga items galing sa haul niya haha!

Parang Anna Cay or Mimi (Coffee and Sparkles) made me buy it!  ;D I save nga sa notes ko alin ang mga bibilhin ko pati shades kasi close ang shades at skin type ni Anna or Mimi sa akin kaya napapadami din ang bili ko haha! ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close