Author Topic: First dance - choreographer and lessons  (Read 6210 times)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
First dance - choreographer and lessons
« on: October 27, 2016, 07:01:19 pm »
Did you use or are you planning to get a choreographer for your first dance?

Can you recommend one? How many sessions did you do? When did you start?

I want to do it sa Pilipinas sana kasi I'm sure it's cheaper pero I'm not sure if feasible considering H2B is arriving only 1 week before the wedding.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »
We're not getting a choreographer na. By December, magpapractice na kami ng first dance. May nakita na kaming YouTube videos na ipe-peg namin. Sa bahay lang kami magpapractice hehe
H2b's cool with dancing kaya excited na din ako magpractice.  ;)

MRS.GO

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 06:58:27 pm »
We got EDWARD SERA (FB: The First Dance - making the impossible possible)

He was recommended by our coordinator. We had 3 rehearsals (2 hours each day) 3 days before the wedding. At the same time it helped us not to think about the wedding because we enjoyed the dance rehearsals. I think we burned a lot of calories that time! We highly recommend Edward. He charge us 2K for the rehearsal fee but it was worth it like attending a hobby class with the fiancé!

stacies83221

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 06:43:21 am »
We got ms. jill ngo- crisologo as our choreographer. We are based abroad too and we had our wedding in Manila. We booked her like a month before the wedding and then we had one afternoon dance session with her a week before our wedding day. Prolly depends on what kind of dance you will be doing how many sessions you will be needing.

bersh

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:19 am »
We got EDWARD SERA (FB: The First Dance - making the impossible possible)

He was recommended by our coordinator. We had 3 rehearsals (2 hours each day) 3 days before the wedding. At the same time it helped us not to think about the wedding because we enjoyed the dance rehearsals. I think we burned a lot of calories that time! We highly recommend Edward. He charge us 2K for the rehearsal fee but it was worth it like attending a hobby class with the fiancé!

Hello sis. Parang gusto ko to. Mas gusto ko kasi sana yung pinagplanuhan talaga and may magtuturo. Kasi pag kaming dalawa lang most prolly magtatawanan lang kami. May I know san sya nagpapa rehearse and ano mga dance pegs nya? TIA. 😀😄

MRS.GO

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 01:07:58 am »
Hello Bersh!

Just talk to Edward what you want and your peg! For us simple lang gusto namin and yung 3 rehearsal days lang. Yun Lang budget eh :))

Some they do it 2 weeks pero exag na Yun for us and it entails 3 mins song. Others 1 month. That will depend on your choice naman.

bersh

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:40 am »
^Thank you. 😊

rowan

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 10:22:54 pm »
How long should the first dance be if non choreographed, as in sway sway lang? How about if choreographed? Im thinking of getting a confetti blizzard coz it provides such a nice effect on the first dance when captured on the SDE. However, it might go to waste if we'll have a non choreographed dance.

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 11:09:48 pm »
following this thread  ;D

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 02:32:48 pm »
Our 1st dance will be Pussycat Doll's 'Sway'. We won't be hiring choreographer pero papractice'in namin talaga since I have experienced joining pageants and talent ko before was Dancesport. hehe The dance will probably last for 1.5min para hindi masyadong mahaba. ☺️

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 02:06:54 am »
^buti ka pa sis, wala ng damage for the dance.  :) Nagdadance naman me pero di ako marunong magchoreo  ;D

I talked to Edward Sera, siya na din kukuhanin namin. Thanks for sharing mga sis.  :D Sana kayanin lang ng 2 sessions.  ;D

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 10:33:44 am »
May I have Edward Sera's contact details? I can't find him on facebook.. thanks!

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:48 pm »
^sis stella021817, just pm him and he'll reply in a jiffy  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/edwardesjayjr?fref=ts

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 09:20:21 am »
^thanks so much! :)

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 04:47:38 pm »
I have no idea how this will work for us. Aside from we're both based abroad, the fact that neither of us is into dancing is already nerve wracking. So we decided that we'll skip the "dance number" of the couple part and just do the first dance :)

But, is there really a need to hire a choreographer for our first dance? Same with the groom/mother and bride/father dance? Hrmmm.

winkar22

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 12:18:20 am »
^ Medyo nalito ako. I think kung may "dance number" na, it counts as the first dance na din? Then, hindi na siguro need ng choreo for the dance with the parents. Sway sway, ikot ikot lang okay na.  ;D

I myself at first wasn't willing to do a dance but h2b wants to. Then I saw Beauty and the Beast and I joked him that pwede yung dance nila. To my surprise he agreed. So I guess, we will do a first dance. Baka around 1min lang din.

Hindi din kami dancers both pero I plan to look for very simple steps lang in Youtube.

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 12:49:07 pm »
^hi sis! Beauty and the Beast din ba yung mismong song na gagamitin nyo for your dance?

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 05:10:08 pm »
Shucks I'm sorry for the confusion ;D What I meant by "dance number" is the couple's dance aside from the first dance ;)

AkoSiShirley

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 10:50:24 am »
sa mga Edward Sera clients, pwede ba malaman yung song na ginamit nyo for your first dance? ang gusto kasi namin is This I Promise You by N'Sync, slow dance lang talaga so pasok na yung simpleng pa-sway-sway lang kaso gusto ko sana lagyan ng konting arte para naman hindi boring at hindi nakakainip. di kasi ako marunong talaga sumayaw, tapos si h2b naman hindi rin mahilig sumayaw at mahiyain din.

i'm thinking kung kunin namin si Edward Sera, hindi kaya kami mapasubo sa complicated dance steps? baka may videos kayo to share hehe or pa-describe lang ng choreo nyo for the couple's first dance, para lang magkaron kami ng idea kahit papano hehe. thank you so much in advance!

elle0127

  • Guest
Re: First dance - choreographer and lessons
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 09:36:57 am »
Joining in :)
We're doing a first dance kasi eto yung dream ko. I did not dream of a bonggang gown or cake or venue, I want a beautiful first dance.
Ayoko yung dance na sway2x lang kasi after like 20 seconds, parang awkward na.
We're not dancers but we are trying to learn. FH's friend is our choregrapher kasi budget wedding lang kami. Ok naman. Simple lang yung steps niya. He got inspiration from the movie Cinderella.
If you have friends na mahilig mag choreo or dancer, you can ask them.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close