Author Topic: New age and spiritual warfare  (Read 1706 times)

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
New age and spiritual warfare
« on: October 26, 2016, 11:14:01 pm »
i believe we are mostly christians here sa forum so i'd like to share what i have been watching on youtube. example yung mga talks ni fr. jocis syquia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufxTXnoNk9g (the rest of the links are online, this is 1/5) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv2ar0ySFQ

i started watching nung nabasa ko yung near death experience ni Gloria Polo, but imo NOT all NDEs are true. what i mean by true is totoong galing kay God. at dahil nga maaari na hindi lahat ng mapapanood ay totoo stick na lang ako sa pari/exorcist since expertise nila yun.

sa pagbabasa ko nalaman ko na bukod sa hula at horoscope ay new age rin pala ang karma, charms, yoga, feng shui, astral projection, past life regression, transcendental meditation/meditation (buddhism/hinduism) meron kasing christian way ng pag-meditate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAw5is5LXY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S706N8oX0k), law of attraction, visualization, at centering prayer na alam ko popular sa ibang parish pero sabi ng mga critics iba ito sa mga turo ng doctors of the church.

nasabi ko lang naman kasi ang dami palang thread dito about sa mga nabanggit. dati kasi naniniwala ako sa mga ganun, lagi pa nga akong nagbabasa ng horoscope at articles ni jaime licauco sa inquirer, since high school pa ata ako. siguro rin kasi kapag nagpa-practice ng mga ganyan magiging spiritually blind ka so hindi ko alam na mali pala na maniwala sa mga yan kung christian ka.

Ihadelaluna

• Wiccan High Priestess
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Wiccan/Tarot Counselor/on line Occult Shop Owner
    • Lady Luna Dana's Lair
Re: New age and spiritual warfare
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 12:25:20 am »
RESPECT darling is the key ingredient to a fruitful and war free life, you have all the rights to say what you have to say but if there is one thing you need to learn that is to understand why people do soul searching, why people look for alternatives, its not that they dont believe in your views its that they wanted something that will suit them more, its true that Christians are not allowed to believe in such practices, but it doesn't mean that they are not all that is real.

you feel the air and the wind on your skin you cant see it but you know its there, you pray and pray hard then blame your maker if you don't get things your way but that doesn't mean you doubt his existence, its the same thing with us it doesn't mean that we don't worship the same god if you see us celebrate our sabbats in the open unlike most Christians that celebrates your mass in the church that doesn't mean we are worshipping evil. the only difference between your religion and my belief is, I don't believe that the GOD will create a world out of goodness and love and evil will exist in it, I don't believe that there is a devil, I will never believe in something so evil can exist and will ever will.

the world moves in a balance that helps all of us live a good life each day we breathe, we get nourished, we get life, the only problem is that the lack of respect, respect in other people's belief, respect  in other people's tradition, I mean if you don't believe in such practices why do you want to write about it? its better if you would write maybe about fashion and good hygiene or maybe even about you fine ideas in architecture, but religion? this thread will start war and mocking among sisters in gt, i don't even think you like to have something like that around here......do you?
follow everywhere:
FBgroup:
 @dreaminterpretationsbyladydana
fb: @theladydana
twitter: @LadyDana_T
youtube: @ladydana888
IG: @the.ladydana
blog: https://ladydsquill.blogspot.com/

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:20 am »
sa totoo lang kung tanggap mo talaga na iba-iba ang opinion at belief system ng ibang tao hindi ka magre-reply ng ganyan sa thread na ito.

the_witness

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 02:04:24 am »
i believe we are mostly christians here sa forum ...

sa pagbabasa ko nalaman ko na bukod sa hula at horoscope ay new age rin pala ang karma, charms, yoga, feng shui, astral projection, past life regression, transcendental ...

nasabi ko lang naman kasi ang dami palang thread dito about sa mga nabanggit. dati kasi naniniwala ako sa mga ganun, lagi pa nga akong nagbabasa ng horoscope at articles ni jaime licauco sa inquirer, since high school pa ata ako. siguro rin kasi kapag nagpa-practice ng mga ganyan magiging spiritually blind ka so hindi ko alam na mali pala na maniwala sa mga yan kung christian ka.

Nice post.

I'm a Christian too so i'd respond to this :)

Commendable naman na through your own research,  nagiging sound basis  ito ng part of your belief.    Yun naman talaga ang dapat, within us kasi talagang may sense of "Ano ba talaga ang tama? Yung walang lingering questions?" ... at darating at darating ka sa point na para bang "Well,  because nakagisnan ko ito, at very popular ito, does it make it right? Why don't i dig deeper to make sure it is right? Para sure! Kasi buhay ko nakasalalay dito. " things like that.

This is my belief and I respect everyone's right to his/her own belief.

So for me the Bible (word of God) is more than sufficient na,  to not believe in  horoscope,  in karma, feng shui, etc - dahil they are not just NOT Biblical teachings kundi something detestable pa in the eyes of God.

Di ba sa Deuteronomy 17:2-5 malinaw naman? Kung sasabihin ng iba na "luma na yang Bibliya, 2017 na", well  I respect their rights to their opinion.. but for me my belief: 2 Timothy 3:16 .. ALL as in ALL scriptures in the Bible, (hindi yung tidbits lang) back-to-back, hindi yan ipapasulat ng Diyos ng walang dahilan.

Bakit kaya suklam na suklam ang  Diyos if we are using the sun, moon, and stars as omens? Una, it goes against his purpose in having created them. (Genesis 1:14-18) We are to look to our Creator, not the created, for guidance. (Romans 1:25) Ikalawa, God should  occupy a unique place in our life. The worship of him is NOT to be shared with other person or thing. (Deuteronomy 4:24) A person could rely so much on his horoscope that the thin line between dependence and worship may be crossed.  3rd it could open the door to occultism. And dabbling in the occult could make an unsuspecting person an easy target for the supernatural force behind occultism?the demons. (Compare Deuteronomy 18:9-12; Isaiah 47:12-14; Acts 16:16-18.)

To prevent our getting dangerously involved with horoscopes, God provides us with something better - A Superior Guide, his Word, the Bible, which is always trustworthy. He assures us: ?So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. . . . It will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.??Isaiah 55:11

jw.org

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 08:14:58 am »
i believe we are mostly christians here sa forum

sa totoo lang kung tanggap mo talaga na iba-iba ang opinion at belief system ng ibang tao hindi ka magre-reply ng ganyan sa thread na ito.

eh kaso nambanat ka ng mga taga dito. yun ang problema.

gumawa ka pa ng special thread para sa banat mo. (doon ka na lang kung sa kayo nag didiscuss di ba?)

at inassume mo may domain ka kasi nag arrive ka na sa conclusion na majority dito ay christian. who gave you the right? porket feel mo madami kayo dito, may right ka na mag single out ng group? ano ka? ISIS? LOL

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 08:37:17 pm »
malamang nandito ka because ang sinasabi ng first post ko ay mali ang belief system mo, mukhang naiinis ka lang.

maybe i can lead some people back to Jesus Christ by my thread. if they are meant to read it and their hearts are open, they will get it. i am not about going into other peoples thread/discussion and proving them wrong; that is not my style.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 02:37:14 am »
LOL

iba talaga *ibang*  "christians" sa pilipinas - BASTOS

sa ibang bansa sila nahihiya.  pag kumakatok nga sila sa bahay namin "hi, im from (group), is it okay that we're here? we're here to give free magazines, but if you are not comfortable about it we will leave and we will not bother you again"

obviously hindi mo pa alam pano gumalang ng ibang paniniwala.

kaya nga ako nag reply kasi sa tagal tagal ko na dito sa GT ngayon lang ako nakakita ng napaka BASTOS na comment.

FYI nag karoon ng konting tension dito sa GT MANY MANY years ago

but members had the common sense and decency to stick to their respectivr threads and not create threads like this.

kaya nga walang gumagawa eh...kasi long time ago members agreed to respect each others space!!!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:39:30 am by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »
para sa akin ang may ari ng threads at posts dito ay female network. they can delete the thread, close it, or mute me kung feeling nila nakakabastos ako; no hard feelings.

i have simply shared my experience and mentioned the things that i've found to be false. hindi 'attack' sa ibang paniniwala ang magkaroon ng ibang opinion.

schizo_me

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Live Enjoy Act Love Express See and Awaken
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:58 pm »
^question: How would you know na "false" ang isang belief and yung sayo ang tama?  :)

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:09:55 pm »
^i think bawat tao hinahanap yan, kung tama ba yung ginagawa nila, kung tama ba yung religion na sinalihan nila...just like everything else sa buhay natin, we have to pray for it. God meets us where we are at, so kung hindi natin kaya yung totoo, he slowly approaches us with the truth.

i am a roman catholic christian and believe in what God has revealed to the church, that is the teachings of the roman catholic church. LOL ang generic lang pero that's the shortest explanation.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close