Author Topic: The spoiled groom  (Read 6659 times)

stella021817

  • Guest
The spoiled groom
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:43:47 am »
Hi! does anyone have feedback re. the services of "the spoiled groom?"  Thinking of booking them for my wedding, but their prices are quite steep for just a shave and trim...  Is it worth it?

Also, does anyone know of other companies that offer a similar service? thanks! :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »
Hi sis! Can you post their rates here? Naisip ko din na i-avail sila pero gusto ko din malaman yung feedback and how much! :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:28:44 pm »
OMG They're too expensive nga!!!! Parang HMUA artist na! Hahaha! I'm pretty sure there are other suppliers na same services lang but cheaper!!! I hope may mag post dito sa GT para we can inquire/book them! :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:44:54 pm »
As far as I know, sila palang ang nagooffer ng ganyan.. Pioneer kumbaga, maybe next year may iba nang magoffer :)

HGalang

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 11:33:13 pm »
Just a few minutes ago I've read about boudoir and now I'm reading this. Seems like there are a lot of services going on with weddings here in the Philippines. For me, 8k is too much for that service nga. Kung siguro lang talaga sobrang daming extra money ok lang.

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »
OMG, wag na. My fiancee would kill me if I got this for him.  I believe in splurging for the groom but this is too much for what it includes. 

Maybe we can ask our HMUA's if they offer some services for men? Because doesn't most makeup packages include grooming for the groom? Maybe we can just upgrade with them instead of getting a separate service.

And yes, I'm sure my fiancee won't let them touch his head.  Hahaha.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:39 am »
^I actually just like the idea of him getting a nice, pampered shave hehe! Since the wedding is mostly about us girls, I want to make sure my fiance feels special too. But yes, if I can't find a cheaper service, I won't bother. Their prices are ridiculous haha

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 11:24:18 am »
Have a look at these:

Felipe and Sons
Titan 22
Backalley Barbershop

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 11:58:43 am »
^thanks! unfortunately, I checked, and I don't think those place offer home service :S

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 01:44:42 pm »
No they don't. Sorry I didn't realize it's home service.

I dont think men should get a haircut the day of the wedding. It should be the week before to avoid that weird tan line around the hairline.

I might arrange for him and the groomsmen to get a haircut together na lang the week before then a massage the day of the wedding or the night before.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 03:38:43 pm »
^we'll be staying in a hotel for wedding preps, so I wanted to have someone go to my fiance's room and kind of pamper him the morning of :)  Based on the rates though, I'll probably just scratch this idea haha. I only thought of it because my friend suggested it the other day.

Yes, I agree. Bad idea to get a hair cut the day of. My fiance is very anal about his hair -- if they cut it wrong, or even style it wrong, I'm sure he'll be very annoyed haha

Going a week before with the groomsmen sounds like a nice idea :)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 10:15:39 am »
It's pricey nga. Heard Spoiled Groom from the Male Celebrities who got married. Nafifeature sila.
We'll just be booking a hotel service for a spa and massage a day before na lang.

HGalang

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 10:32:46 am »
same thoughts here! better pa book hotel services na lang, mas sulit! hehe

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 04:24:10 pm »
Yeah, very expensive but higly recommended yan ni Albert when I talked to him.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 08:58:30 am »
^really? What did he say about it? :)

I would've been willing to pay their old price of 3k (since it'll look nice in the prep photos), but 5k for 45min seems pretty ridiculous lol. I wish another company would offering this same service.. for cheaper.. haha

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 12:02:35 pm »
hi Stella! I was trying to negotiate for a grooming in his package of 60k  ;D but he told me spoiled groom is really good. He highly recommends. I'm not sure but someone told me before parang firend niya? I'm not sure.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 12:31:24 pm »
Maybe if he has a regular barber pwede kontratahin to come and do a shave etc in the hotel room.

TBH, I think the price is ridiculous. Do people actually avail of this?

HGalang

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 01:58:59 pm »
Ok rin ganun no, kontrahin yung regular barber or someone na magaling talaga and just tell them to dress up well. Hehe.

@princessshayera, baka nga friend nya. I don't know how the price can be justified. Haha!

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 03:30:18 pm »
^haha, I can't do that. The barber he usually goes to is a super cheapo one that's like P100 for a haircut lol. The spoiled groom is nice because the barber comes dressed really nicely, and does a whole routine when shaving the groom etc. Very fancy shmancy haha. That's why it looks nice in prep photos :)
I have no idea who would actually pay that much, but they must be doing well. Because they increased their price (from last year) by 2k!  It was my friend who recommended them because she saw it in her friend's SDE.

@princessshayera: Haha I wonder if they're friends! Will hopefully find another company that offers something similar, at a better price :) Did you end up booking Albert?  I booked Mickey. Grooming for the groom is included in his package, but I think this is just a light touch up. Not like a shave/massage or anything (which is what i was looking for)..

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: The spoiled groom
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 04:47:42 pm »
That's a good idea. Yung regular hair stylist na lang yung kukunin. Suki sa bruno's yung h2b ko but last week I told him to try bench fix salon. Para matry namin yung pinakabagay na hairstyle. I suggested na i-peg nya yung hairstyle ni Paul Jake during his prenup. Ganda kasi ng hairstyle.Naachieve naman so far. ☺️ Pero next month pag humaba ulit, magtry ulit kami ng iba para makita namin alin ang pianakamaganda for him.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close