Author Topic: Sweating for the Wedding  (Read 5817 times)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Sweating for the Wedding
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:57:43 am »
I thought it would be nice to have a thread for those who are trying to lose weight or tone up for the wedding. :)

Share naman what you did and what your doing to prepare for the big day. Share what did and did not work for you.

For me I started going to the gym twice a week with a trainer. It's expensive pero worth it in my opinion - not just for the wedding but for my general health. Willing to share my work out if anyone is interested...

I also have a copy of Kayla Itsines bikini body work out guide kung may gusto.

In terms of food, I've cut down on sugar. This is my struggle talaga... lahat ng masarap bawal!

Tincywincy

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 10:18:45 am »
Mine is no rice diet muna, then enroll sa boxing by February 2017. nakakapang lambot yung low carb pero kelangan eh. pang payat pa naman yung gown na ipagagawa ko. tee hee!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:09:31 pm by Tincywincy »

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 10:20:48 am »
Hirap talaga mag control ng food. Eh diet pa naman ang main thing for losing weight.

I have muscle definition na in some areas and firm na yung body ko. Lalo na my butt... kaya lang nababalot pa din ng taba! Ugh.

Tincywincy

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 10:39:56 am »
^ yes sis, very challenging talaga kasi basically we are changing our lifestyle na din. plus more discipline.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 11:02:24 am »
Hi mga sis. I'm slim ever since pero for the wedding, gusto ko mas toned yung muscles ko. I used to join funruns and hiking. But for the wedding preps, nagstart na ko maggym (threadmill) 3x a week. Buti may gym kami sa office and libre yung mga instructors.

Avoid softdrinks na lang muna kayo, sweets and food with high calories.

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 11:54:24 am »
Boxing din ako at ito ang pinaka nag work sakin (na hindi ako tatamarin)! Maganda din sya kasi with circuit na yung routine. I lost 9 lbs na din because of this. Sana maka lose pa ko bago ang wedding.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 12:30:41 pm »
I don't think kaya ko ever ang no carb plus so far sabi ng trainer ko no need to cut carbs in my diet. Sugar lang talaga - so no chocolate, no softdrinks and no dessert. Permissible snack ko lang for now is greek yoghurt with fruit and honey.

My trainer usually makes me do crossfit type work out. Tuesday's workout was:

10 rounds - 20 secs high intensity, 40 sec rest on bike
50 kettlebell press
50 kettlebell squats
50 kettlebell low pulls
50 push ups
50 sit ups
50 kettlebell push press
3 x 20 leg lifts
3 x 20 hip thrusts


MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 03:08:19 pm »
I'm not actually trying to lose weight for the wedding, I'm trying to shed some because I'm overweight by 11kls. Hahahaha.. I'm doing everything slowly kasi minsan pagbinigla mo, mas nagrereverse yung effect. I am a rice monster. Super takaw ko sa rice kaya super bilis kong tumaba.Hahaha. But because I'm overweight and I also have some "tummy" issues I had to really change my lifestyle.

I started by cutting down rice during bfast. I did it for 2 weeks and then nasanay na ako.

After that, i cut down rice on dinner. Una every other night lang ako nagrrice hangggang sa weekend nalang or minsan pag super gutom lang ako and nagccrave ako ng rice. I usually eat fruits or biscuits plus milo. And I eat early.

And then I cut down rice on my lunch. half rice nalang din ako now.

I'm not into sweets except ice cream and softdrinks and those two are really easy to let go.

I'm not into exercise but I started walking more now to complete my 10k steps or more a day. I also started doing lunges at home to tone my butt and thighs.

So far after 2 months, I lost 3 kls. Super bagal lang ng progress pero I love it kasi hindi biglaan at talagang nagiging part siya ng lifestyle ko. Plus I don't feel excessive cravings.

And I drink a lot of water. Mga 3 liters a day.

Next up, i'll be cutting rice sa lunch. Balak ko mag vegies and meat nalang. Nireready ko pa yung mind and body ko for this. hahaha.

For the sis who are trying to lose weight, if you have the time, do it slowly. Minsan mas effective siya kasi lifestyle mo na talaga yung nagbabago. Good luck sissies!

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »
Switch ka to brown rice. Much healthier.


MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »
^I tried sis, I can't take the taste.. hahaha. andi hindi din ako nagbabaon sa office, I just eat sa canteen and no brown rice available din. heheh..

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 04:42:05 pm »
If it will help others, I'll keep posting. Saturday and Tuesdays ang sessions ko.

Masulit man lang yung binabayad ko sa trainer by sharing with you.

I read yung squat challenge is good din.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 07:19:43 pm »
Hi mga sis, you can read some input from other girls on this thread. http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/board,152.0.html

The topics are about fitness and exercise.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:10:24 pm by exquisitegem »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 10:08:42 am »
Ako I availed of the program being offered by Nuskin, locally nicknamed spartan diet. Medyo magastos pero it worked for me. Wala kasi ako time mag gym kaya dinaan lang sa diet.. I think I could still lose a few more pound pero kahit hindi, masaya na naman ako. Medyo alam ko din if I really want to firm up gym na talaga katapat e.. :)

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 10:54:08 am »
I go to yoga 4-5x a week. It started as a way to tone up for my prenup shoot (which was way back in February) but now its a habit na. I love that it makes me feel good about myself, plus gives me some much needed me-time, where I don't have to think about work, the wedding, or anything that's currently stressing me out.

Sis LilaFowler, can you send me a copy too? I'm curious! Will send you a pm.

Although medyo nagagalit na yung gown designer ko since they have to make adjustments every fitting :-p

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 11:09:28 am »
Shopaholic,

What kind of yoga do you do? I used to do Bikram but the studio near me closed down. Im now doing Ashtanga. I dont lose as much weight here as compared to Bikram but Im gaining muscle especially on my arms. Im actually kinda worried na baka lumaki masyado arms ko. Ayaw ko naman mag mukha maton, toned lang.

LilaFowler, I like your workout! So with the program you have now, you just need kettlebell and bike?

iamfarrah

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 11:23:44 am »
sis LilaFowler, would you mind sharing Kayla's guide with me? thanks in advance sis. Hirap talagang magpapayat, one factor na rin siguro ang aging :( kasi dati kahit parang construction worker ako kumain, di ako tumataba pero ngaun, mag rice lang ako ng 3x a day, bilis gain sa weight agad

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »
Send me a PM kasi blocked yung link.

I tried Bikram din before... I died of the heat. Hindi kasi ako pinagpapawisan.

@rowan Minsan kettlebell minsan dumbells. You can substitute naman depending on what you have. Minsan we use exercise bands lang so pwede syang gawin sa bahay. More of the movement kasi sya.

For the bike naman I guess you can substitute kahit anong cardio exercise basta high intensity interval. So pwedeng sprint or pwede din jump rope.

@iamfarrah I think ganon talaga as we get older naiiba yung rate of metabolism natin kaya we can't eat the way we used to.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:44:27 pm by LilaFowler »

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 01:04:30 pm »
I have gained 5kgs as well, right now trinatry ko yung no carbs and no sweet diet, I planning start my workout next month.


LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 06:08:48 am »
Share ko lang my work out for the day

8 x 4 squats with 20 kg bar
8 x 2 dead lift with 20 kg bar
8 x 2 dead lift with 10 kg bar + 2 x 10 kg weights
10 x 8 single leg lunge on bench
12 x 4 back extension
25 sec x 3 planks

I think I'm improving because my stepdaughter said I don't "jiggle" anymore.

I lost 1 kg since Tuesday. :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:14:17 am by LilaFowler »

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Sweating for the Wedding
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 01:09:30 pm »
^wow! that's impressive! Way to go! ☺️

Ako naman for the day, 5km run and 50 sit-ups.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close