watch now

Author Topic: Top 10 Essential MAC brushes  (Read 1067 times)

babygirl44

  • Guest
Top 10 Essential MAC brushes
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:59:02 am »
Hi girls! What are your top 10 essential MAC brushes? :)

S3r3nd!p!ty

  • Guest
Re: Top 10 Essential MAC brushes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:22:18 pm »
I couldn't come up with my 10 essential MAC brushes. Anyway, here are my favorite (and most useful and used) brushes from MAC:
1. MAC 187 (Duo Fibre Face Brush) - Stippling brush for applying and blending of liquid foundation
2. MAC 286 (Duo Fibre Tapered Blending Brush) - Synthetic brush for applying and blending of undereye concealer
3. MAC 217 (Blending Brush) - For blending of eyeshadow
4. MAC 219 (Pencil Brush) - For application of inner corner highlight and to line the lower lashline
5. MAC 266 (Small Angled Brush) - For application of brow pomade (i.e. Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow or Anastasia Dip Brow) or liquid eyeliner
6. MAC 204 (Lash Brush) - Spoolie brush for blending of brow products

For application of liquid foundation, I have actually been using my Beauty Blender more often (instead of the MAC 187). I have yet to seriously look into MAC's eye brushes (by then, I would probably have 10). Hehe! :-)

I also have the following MAC brushes in my collection:
1. MAC 190 (Foundation Brush) - I don't use the MAC 190 because it leaves streaks when I use it to apply and blend liquid foundation.
2. MAC 116 (Blush Brush) - The MAC 116 is okay, but it doesn't feel nice and soft. I wish I got a blush brush from Bobbi Brown or from Shu Uemura instead. Or perhaps the Hakuhodo or the Suqqu brushes (so expensive!).
3. MAC 252 (Large Shader Brush) - It's too large for my eyes. I should have bought a different shader brush.

There are so many other brands that offer great makeup brushes (Make Up For Ever, Shiseido, Chanel, Nars, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, Hourglass, Laura Mercier). There are also more affordable brush brands (Zoeva, Sigma, Real Techniques). Hope this helps.

iceicebaby

  • Guest
Re: Top 10 Essential MAC brushes
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 02:28:01 am »
I used to be obsessed with MAC makeup brushes until other companies started offering cheaper and better alternatives. Morphe is my favorite right now. But before, my favorite brushes from MAC were:

1. MAC 187 - for foundation/super pigmented blushes
2. MAC 217 and 224 - for blending e/s
3. MAC 116 and 168 - for blushes
4. MAC 239 - for e/s application
5. MAC 266 - for gel liner

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Top 10 Essential MAC brushes
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:30:57 pm »
faves ko..

1. MAC 188 - small stippling
2. MAC 187 - stippling
3. MAC 109 - small contour (hands down angganda nito!)
4. MAC 116 - blush brush
5. MAC 217 - eye blending brush (best blending brush for me. I use it for concealer too)
6. MAC 213 - very nice for blending too
7. MAC 219 - point brush for crease color or outer v color and precision concealing
8. MAC 138 - tapered face brush (super nice for powder contour and blushes super lamboooot)
9. MAC 208 - angled brow brush perfect for gel and liquid brow products
10. MAC 239 - for eyeshadow packing on the lids

orangepulp

  • Guest
Re: Top 10 Essential MAC brushes
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:24:36 pm »
MAC essential brushes for me (5 lang though):
MAC 217
MAC 219
MAC 239
MAC 242
MAC 187

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close