Author Topic: St. Francis of Assisi  (Read 645 times)

smiles_alwayz

• was numb and lost... then i was found... and fell in love in New zealand
  • GirlTalker
  • Love to Love
St. Francis of Assisi
« on: October 11, 2016, 01:41:17 pm »
Francis' brotherhood included all of God's creation. Much has been written about Francis' love of nature but his relationship was deeper than that. We call someone a lover of nature if they spend their free time in the woods or admire its beauty. But Francis really felt that nature, all God's creations, were part of his brotherhood. The sparrow was as much his brother as the pope.

In one famous story, Francis preached to hundreds of birds about being thankful to God for their wonderful clothes, for their independence, and for God's care. The story tells us the birds stood still as he walked among him, only flying off when he said they could leave.

Another famous story involves a wolf that had been eating human beings. Francis intervened when the town wanted to kill the wolf and talked the wolf into never killing again. The wolf became a pet of the townspeople who made sure that he always had plenty to eat.

Ex w/ Benefits   (Derek Ramsey & Colleen Garcia)
Thoughts of Adam
"Minsan kailangan mong masaktan para maramdaman mong buhay ka pa.?

smiles_alwayz

• was numb and lost... then i was found... and fell in love in New zealand
  • GirlTalker
  • Love to Love
Re: St. Francis of Assisi
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 03:46:38 pm »
posted this story at the saint testimonials also....

here's our story,

we have a family dog that has been with us for 10 years, last october 6, 2016, nagsimula siya manghina at natumba, dinala namin sya sa vet tas ang diagnosis is poisoning or ehrlichia...hindi kumakain, hindi umiinom, hindi gumagalaw...na-confine yung dog namin, and sobrang depressed ako kasi kala ko kukunin sya ni Lord sakin... im asking for just two more years for her...

i kept calling for st. Francis of Assisi (patron saint for animals) to help our dog with the pain at dahil wala sya sa bahay dahil confined sya, mag-isa lang yung dog namin. i asked St. Francis to comfort her as well.

i also asked for Padre Pio, sabi ko alam ko Padre Pio (patron saint for healing) na nagpapagaling ka ng maraming tao, pero sana mapagaling mo din yung aso namin...

Si St. Jude and Sta. Rita (patron and patroness of hopeless cases) tinatawag ko din...

well after 1 week, mas malakas na dog namin, kahit di pa na nailalakad yung back legs nya, at least mas magaling na sya ngayon.
Ex w/ Benefits   (Derek Ramsey & Colleen Garcia)
Thoughts of Adam
"Minsan kailangan mong masaktan para maramdaman mong buhay ka pa.?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close