Author Topic: Food Carts/Coffee booth on your reception. How much and what are the inclusions?  (Read 6833 times)

Tincywincy

  • Guest
Hi ladies! usually I see a starbucks kiosk on wedding receptions. i believe 20k quote nila sa friend ko for 100 cups with 3 kinds to choose from. Kaya lang parang feeling ko gusto ko iba naman..

what can you suggest mga sisses? TIA!

LilaFowler

  • Guest
I think popular din Potato Corner.

For us we are doing street food - fishballs, dirty ice cream and taho.


Tincywincy

  • Guest
For us we are doing street food - fishballs, dirty ice cream and taho.

Wow sis good idea yan ah. how much kuha mo? isang supplier lang yan? good for how many din kaya nila iprepare?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Wala pa akong prices or supplier kasi planning stage pa lang. I spoke na to my planner about it. Pero I have a problem pa with my venue so I don't know yet what we are definitely going to do.

Pero in previous parties, we just talk to the regular sorbetero to come and we negotiate a price.

Where are you planning to have the coffee cart? Kami kasi after the ceremony sana outside the church sa may plaza.


Wow sis good idea yan ah. how much kuha mo? isang supplier lang yan? good for how many din kaya nila iprepare?


Tincywincy

  • Guest
^ Sis, plan ko kasi sa reception venue mismo. the hall comes with a garden kasi and that's where I plan to put them. Ayoko na sana ng starbucks para lang maiba.

may nag suggest na Figaro but I don't know.. parang mas okay nga yun iniisip mo sis na parang may meryenda section ka.. share mo sis ha in case may quote ka na if its okay with you  ;)

pinkonearth

  • Guest
Sis tincywincy, why are you considering getting a food cart or coffee booth? Is it so guests can eat or drink while waiting before the reception program starts?

Depending on the duration of that time, you can determine if you want something na heavy or coffee would be enough (might be unlikely). :)

Upon the recommendation of one sis in GT, I checked Auntie Anne's. Their cheapest package is at around Php12k for 150 pretzels (3 flavors).

I also checked Spudbuds and their cheapest if Manila area lang is at Php6,600.00 inclusive of 100 orders of flavored shoestring potatoes.

Hope this helps! :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
We have a big gap kasi in between the ceremony and the reception. Magugutom yung guests so naisip ko, merienda na lang after ng ceremony.

Also, I prefer din closest to the ceremony yung merienda. Kasi if I serve it before the reception, baka mabusog na sila. From experience, busog na ako when we have cocktails and canapes before reception.

Lastly, I think cheaper yung streetfood than coffee, food cart or cocktail hour. I know my guests, they will be more excited about fishballs than pretzels and gulaman more than Starbucks coffee.

Sa Bohol ang wedding ko so I'm not sure how helpful I will be. Pero I will let you know na din when I get a quote.

^ Sis, plan ko kasi sa reception venue mismo. the hall comes with a garden kasi and that's where I plan to put them. Ayoko na sana ng starbucks para lang maiba.

may nag suggest na Figaro but I don't know.. parang mas okay nga yun iniisip mo sis na parang may meryenda section ka.. share mo sis ha in case may quote ka na if its okay with you  ;)

Tincywincy

  • Guest
^^ hi sis pinkonearth. thanks for your inputs! meron pala si auntie anne's na ganyan. ;D

Yes actually the problem I had was my caterer will only provide one kind of appetizer and the guests would have to wait at least 3 hours till the dinner is served. so gusto ko sana may snacks sila in between.

Sis Lilafowler, I agree. cheaper yung streetfood, plus that's something kinda unique. super interesting talaga yung idea mo sis and I'm sure the guests would really like that!  ;)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
I'm doing dirty ice cream too but not for pre reception snacks, it's an additional dessert for my guests.
One tube of dirty ice cream is around Php 1500 in our province, we're getting 2 tubes.  :)

I think Arcy Dairy also offers ice cream booths. You might want to check them.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
I checked sa OLX around 3k per cart usually the price is for 100 persons.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
^Siguro almost the same tayo ng price sis kasi province din naman yung Panglao, so mga 3k nga siguro. Pero dito sa amin yung isang tube pwede na sa 100 persons. We're getting 2 tubes lang para dalawa flavor. hehe

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Sorry i forgot to mention Manila prices yan.

Pero nun nag search ako online for Tagbilaran, P2500 for 3 flavors incl 100 cones 5 gallons in total. If sa Tagbilaran yun church ko, siguro ganyan na yung price. Pag sa Panglao or ibang town baka may transport fee.

Tincywincy

  • Guest
^ nice. MS_JanDel sang province yung wedding mo?

Sis LilaFowler, sa may church vicinity ka magpapa snacks noh? kelangan pa kaya ng permit yun to do that?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Need lang ng permission from the parish according to my coordinator.

pinkonearth

  • Guest
Upon checking, we also realized we would be able to bring more food if hindi food booth. :)

I super like the idea of dirty ice cream and street food, especially if the wedding is during the summer!

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Yes, our wedding kasi is in summer. A week after Easter Sunday so talagang kainitan and the ceremony finishes mga 3:30 so merienda time.

My H2B is Australian and he loves dirty ice cream, taho and fishballs. So I'm trying to incorporate all the things he loves about the Philippines (bukod sa akin =)) in the wedding.



pinkonearth

  • Guest
^Hahaha! I love the "bukod sa akin!"

Oh, and turon or banana cue! With a nice container, that's easily delish, turon with dirty ice cream. :)

Tincywincy

  • Guest
^ Sis make him try Scramble with extra milk powder and chocolate syrup tee hee!! nakakatuwa

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Tincywincy I found this list on the internet http://www.clowningaroundmanila.com/additional-services/branded-food-carts/

It should give you an idea of whats available.



MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Sorry i forgot to mention Manila prices yan.

Pero nun nag search ako online for Tagbilaran, P2500 for 3 flavors incl 100 cones 5 gallons in total. If sa Tagbilaran yun church ko, siguro ganyan na yung price. Pag sa Panglao or ibang town baka may transport fee.

Mga around that yun sis. Pero mas makakamura ka nga siguro kung sa TAgbilaran tapos itransport mo kesa sa Panglao mismo. Napansin ko sa Panglao the last time I went, presyong turista na sila.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close