watch now

Author Topic: Recommended Toys for Toddlers  (Read 1944 times)

shyla_c

  • Guest
Recommended Toys for Toddlers
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:58:51 pm »
Hello fellow mommies, just want to ask what toys especially educational toys would you recommend for toddlers. My son easily gets bored and prefers non toy objects like plastic bottles, wooden spoon, real spoon. I bought him books that have sensory effects like fur, leather, and books that you can open a lot of flaps here and there but he does not seem to like it at all. He's got a lot of building blocks too, soft toys, toy pipes, wooden letters, piano, tambourine, xylophone and a lot more. I just don't know anymore what to give him to get him to play on his own (because I work from home). though i play with him a lot i cant play with him the whole day.
What toys and books would you recommend? Something to keep him busy and something tht would encourage him to read books. I do not also want to make him watch a lot of tv and play with gadgets.

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: Recommended Toys for Toddlers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »
^how old is your toddler sis?
Because you want him to play on his own because you work from home, and at the same time asking for books para ma-encourage sya magbasa?

You can give him all the colorful books na catchy and everything, yes he will look at those images.... but the only way you can really encourage him to read is to read to him. And that will require you to spend time with him. Like, reading a storybook before sleeping, and before nap time, or any time. Basta do it regularly.

For other toys naman so he can play on his own, okay na yan... plus coloring materials, scissors for toddlers, lots of papers, paints, clays, Lego blocks..... but i suggest don't give lots of toys at the same time. Madali magsawa kids. So itago yung iba para after a week na hindi nakikita yung mga toys parang bago na ulit sa kanya.

Goodluck sis!

shyla_c

  • Guest
Re: Recommended Toys for Toddlers
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:11:12 pm »
Hi Ri-anne, thanks for the reply, he's only 15 months.
I try to read with him pero he does not seem to be interested at all. He would sit with me for like 2-5 seconds tops but gets up and goes around look for things to play with. I wanted to get him more stuff to play with but I do not know if that would be spoiling him although naisip ko nag iisa lang naman sya eh why not and i think he's too young to understand thst???? it's sometimes overwhelming esp that both of husband's parents and mine are abroad wala kami guidance. Ang hirap din pala.
Yes I work from home na buti mabait yung boss ko and those times sana I am wishing my little one would enjoy playing on his own when i work. I take a lot of play break kasi and sometimes in the middle of the night na ako nakaka work kaya im always always tired.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Recommended Toys for Toddlers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »
playing with non-toy objects, as long as they're safe, is fine, sis! it seems like you already got your baby a lot of toys. it's best to let him choose what he wants to play with. also, letting him explore will help with his development - you can go to the park or the beach or just hang out in your garden 😊

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close