Author Topic: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day  (Read 1753 times)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:37:55 am »
Hello sisses! :)

I've been thinking kung tayo ba ang mag-iisip ng color ng lipstick natin or MUA na?
Iniisip ko kasing bumili para yun na yung pang retouch ko and para gusto ko talaga yung shade! :)
I don't know kung ako lang ba ang nag-iisip nito or mayroon din sa inyo. :D Hehe!

Thankssss!!! <3

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 12:15:38 pm »
^Sis OMGEE akala ko ako lang nagiisip neto. hahaha!! Actually gusto ko rin bumili ng sarili kong lippies. Feeling ko kasi hindi bagay sakin yung nude lips, tas napapansin ko na almost laging nude ang gamit sa brides. Gusto ko bumili nung flattering sakin which is orange/red hahaha

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 12:34:07 pm »
^ same! I usually wear coral red if I want something bright.

I read Mac Pro Longwear is really good. I might give that a go.

Maybe you can go to the shops and try? Wear a white shirt so you can see how the color looks with white (or whatever your gown color is). It's a good idea to do the same when your have your make up trial.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:12:14 pm »
^I'll try that sis! I'm thinking of buying something lighter for the ceremony and something bolder for the reception. hehe

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »
So nice to know na di pala ako nagiisa hahaha! Yes sis MS_JanDel, I agree na lighter shade sa church and bolder sa reception, but still not sure anong ok na color sa reception. Ako naman super gusto ko ng Bobbi Brown (Creamy SEmi-matte Nude collection) para sa church pero di ako alam alin dun. I'll follow your advice sis LilaFowler to wear white then try on the lippy. Iniiwasan ko kasi yung super pinkish eh parang di din pasok sa theme namin. :D

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 06:24:52 pm »
I'll be having a trial make-up with my HMUA artist, dun na lang kami magseselect ng pinakamagandang lippie color for me. Bagay naman sakin ang red, brown and pink. Orange lang ang hindi. hehe So depende sa trial makeup session kung ano pinakamagugustuhan ko. :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 07:08:38 pm »
Si HMUA nagdecideng shade ng lipstick ko. Nung wedding day, pinkish na coralish ata yung lipstick ko tapos nung reception, dark red na maroonish na. Bet ko:)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 07:59:49 am »
Hi ladies! I had a trial make up last August, super happy ako sa kinalabasan as in except sa lipstick na ginamit! I felt na too pink kasi siya which I don't really like. Kaya napaisip ako if I should get my own para happy ako and pwede ko din magamit in the future. :D Yung sa reception bet ko din ang darker shade! :D

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:47:16 am »
^Sis bili ka nalang din. Pero pwede mo din sama si MUA sa lipstick shopping para at at least makakapagusap kayo.

I'm thinking of getting a shade of pink, light one for the ceremony then red-orange for the reception! Yay! hahaha

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 10:05:51 am »
MS_JanDel, yes sis bili na tayo para matapos na ang pag iisip na ito! :D hahaha!!! check out Bobbi Brown's collection baka may magustuhan ka. :D

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 10:17:38 am »
^Sige sis check ko din sila! So exciting. hahaha

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 12:29:01 pm »
my makeup artist used MAC Cosmo as my lippie for the preps and wedding ceremony. ang ganda ng effect. very modest and appropriate for a morning wedding. he used the same one during our trial makeup kaya na test na namin siya kung bagay. yung second look ko, i forgot na what he used basta it was very red. celebratory na ang dating.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 01:10:25 pm »
For our civil wedding, I told my HMUA that I feel uncomfy when wearing lipsticks that's not nude or coral in shade. Not because of it's texture but when I look at the mirror, it just looks so unnatural and fake to me.  I get this feeling that people know it's not my natural color? Haha! Weird nga coz when I see other people wearing lipsticks, I dont see it as fake naman. Anyway what she did is put pink lip tint on me. She commented that a lot of her brides are actually asking for tints nowadays so I'm not alone in this feeling. I actually still found it bright for me so what she did was she wiped off a bit of the tint, and then I was satisfied=p Natural looking na siya for me:)

Anybody here going for tints too?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:01:38 pm by rowan »

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 10:57:15 am »
Sis bzbee I agree that's a good shade of lipstick! Pang bride talaga :)

Si rowan What brand of tints ba do you recommend? :)

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 11:54:37 am »
I want to do this din pero siguro after ng trial makeup na lang so I can consult with my HMUA. Baka kasi mag-clash din dun sa look, especially sa color ng blush.
I plan to buy my own set of falsies din kasi I can get nicer ones here in Japan. :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 12:03:21 pm »
^Hi Kdramaholic,

For my everyday use I use Benetint but it's staying power is not so good. Sorry I forgot to ask my HMUA what brand she used on me. Sayang, it didnt fade pa naman the whole day:( I heard Faceshop tint is good too, okay daw even if you eat.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 12:18:31 pm »
^ I think uso ngayon lip stain for brides kasi it looks natural. Kasi with lipstick, once it's wiped off, you are left with your normal lip color.

acvc08

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 05:21:44 pm »
Sissies! Try the matte shades of Inglot. :) Super long wearing. Im using the 410 shade and get lots of compliments kasi its not too dark and its not too light. :)

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Lipstick Shade/Color/Brand for the Big Day
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 11:15:18 am »
Church: MAC Soar lip liner + MAC Brave lipstick (I wanted the nude pink shade for a light, fresh bridal look)
Reception: MAC matte-finish lipstick in TAUPE (medyo corally-orangy na). :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close