Author Topic: Bridal lingerie  (Read 6123 times)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Bridal lingerie
« on: August 11, 2016, 05:35:56 pm »
It can be expensive so I'm starting to "collect" lingerie for our wedding and honeymoon.  I've bought a few pieces on sale at Calvin Klein (slip, lace bra and thong) and Honey Birdette (corset and bra).

Did you get anything special for your wedding/honeymoon?

Also, what did you wear or plan to wear under your wedding dress? Practical shapewear or something nice?


meixin

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 06:22:10 pm »
^Normally ang gown may parang built in corset na kasi so stick on bra lang sa akin. Then I bought Natori night gown and robe set palang. No lingerie yet pero plan ko to buy 1 or two lang sa La senza :)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:22:10 pm »
Hi sis! I am planning to buy Sapph lingeries under my wedding dress and also for honeymoon.
I will not be wearing any shapewear under the bridal gown.

In case you will be wearing one, i have heard good feedback for Maidenform shapewear. :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:29:27 am »
^ Sapph has pretty bras and undies. I like the Giselle. They have nice swimsuits too!

Im having trouble finding shapewear for my dress because it has a low back and no straps. I want to wear shapewear sana to make sure the lines of the dress is smooth.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:27 pm »
Try Maidenform Instant Slimmer Waistnipper sis. It is recommended for low back cut.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »
I'll be wearing a body shaper, the shorts one. hahaha. My thighs are kinda chubby and I don't want to feel them brushing against each other on my wedding day so I'll be using the body shaping tee hee!..

As for the honeymoon, haven't bought anything yet. I think I'll still wear my usual pantulog, the matching shorts and sleeveless. ;D ;D

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 03:34:55 pm »
^ I think I will wear the same.
I also had a look at RAGO shapewear. They're very good kaya lang I have the same problem of the back being too high. Di ko masyadong naisip when I ordered the dress, dapat pala I asked for a higher back.

Dumating na yung lingerie ko today. Gusto ko ng isuot. Hahaha. Sana talaga next month na yung wedding namin.

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 10:02:29 am »
exquisitegem Hi sis! Is this it? http://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/onehanesplace/shapewear/shapewear-brands/shapewear-maidenform/flexees-waistnipper-m6868

Online lang sya available?

LilaFowler What did you end up buying sis? My gown has a low back din kasi eh. Ang hirap pala nung ganon.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 11:09:42 am »
Wala pa akong nahahanap. Todo exercise na lang so ready for the wedding.

For bottoms my candidate is RAGO. They are vintage style and it really holds you in.

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 12:53:43 pm »
I'm choosing between wink shapewear and spanx kaso parang not that good. I have a week till the my fitting gusto ko sana may shapewear na ko. Mukhang exercise din ang kakabagsakan ko.

bridezilamnl

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 01:28:34 pm »
Any reco for good seamless body shaper with butt pads??? Hahaha! My gown designer asked me to look for one since my dress is a serpentina and flat ako sa lahat hahah! Pressured rin to diet since I didn't go for a corset :/

Also, what do you wear under the robe while taking your picture sa hotel?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 02:33:34 pm »
Ay parang di ata available sa Philippines. Pero tried and tested ko na sya. Industrial strength shapewear. You actually need to practice wearing it because you can't wear if for a full day if you're not used to it. I can only go up to 3 hours wearing them.

I don't like spanx. It rolls. The thigh area rolls up, the waist area rolls down. And I feel like it just pushes the fat up and out so you looks like a muffin.

I think Marks & Spencer has good shapewear too if you are in the Philippines and Maidenform. Another one is Gossard but not sure if you can get it in the Philippines.



LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 02:45:43 pm »
Sis I'm sure you will look gorgeous and no need to feel pressured about dieting. :)

Instead of butt pads maybe wear a waist cincher to create an illusion of wider hips? Minsan kasi they look unnatural.

Also, exercises to make your butt perkier - squats, lunges and deadlifts. Squats talaga maganda. Try mo yung 30 day squat challenge.

Under the robe I will wear a slip.


Any reco for good seamless body shaper with butt pads??? Hahaha! My gown designer asked me to look for one since my dress is a serpentina and flat ako sa lahat hahah! Pressured rin to diet since I didn't go for a corset :/

Also, what do you wear under the robe while taking your picture sa hotel?

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »
exquisitegem Hi sis! Is this it? http://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/onehanesplace/shapewear/shapewear-brands/shapewear-maidenform/flexees-waistnipper-m6868

Online lang sya available?

LilaFowler What did you end up buying sis? My gown has a low back din kasi eh. Ang hirap pala nung ganon.

It's available in Zalora sis.
https://www.zalora.com.ph/maidenform/?sort=popularity&dir=desc&page=2

My mother bought one nung kasal ng pinsan ko. ☺️

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 03:30:48 pm »
For bottoms my candidate is RAGO. They are vintage style and it really holds you in.

Which style would you recommend? I have the same problem sa spanx, it rolls and creates extra lumps.  >:(

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 03:31:13 pm »
Any reco for good seamless body shaper with butt pads??? Hahaha! My gown designer asked me to look for one since my dress is a serpentina and flat ako sa lahat hahah! Pressured rin to diet since I didn't go for a corset :/

Also, what do you wear under the robe while taking your picture sa hotel?

Hi sis! Ako naman, slim. Hindi wide yung hips ko. Kaya nung nagtry ako ng serpentina cut, hindi talaga sya bagay sakin haha Sabi ni designer, ball gown/ A line yung bagay sa body type ko.

Try mo tumingin sa Landmark sis. Meron ata dun.

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »
I think Marks & Spencer has good shapewear too if you are in the Philippines and Maidenform. Another one is Gossard but not sure if you can get it in the Philippines.

Will check these brands sis! Thanks!

Thanks sa link exquisitegem!  :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 04:32:14 pm »
Depending on how low the back is I like this one:

http://rago-shapewear.com/catalog/product/style_6207_-_high_waist_leg_shaper_extra_firm_shaping/

I have the open bottom girdle because the long legs show when I'm wearing a shorter dress.

Which style would you recommend? I have the same problem sa spanx, it rolls and creates extra lumps.  >:(

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 04:43:24 pm »
Thank you sis LilaFowler you're right about spax, it does roll and all my tummy fat are just pushed up so it looks awful!. Mabilis pa namn ako mairita pagnagroroll up yung sa may thigh area.

I hope I can find a perfect high waist and thigh slimmer/shapewear, I want to feel very comfortable on my wedding day without thinking about my thighs brushing against each other.. huhuhu

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Bridal lingerie
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 05:03:08 pm »
Try mo sis Maidenform and Marks and Spencer. Maidenform meron sa SM department stores.

For thighs rubbing, I use baby powder pag summer kasi I have thunder thighs.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close