Author Topic: Invitations (Part 4)  (Read 35153 times)

bersh

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2016, 10:03:46 am »
Hi sisses! Anyone here who's already done with their invitation? I noticed lang wala masyado nagse-share (aside from sis mindiegirl). Or maybe because it contains personal information? 😊

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:28 pm »
Kaya gusto ko masend out invites ng 2 mos before para makapag rsvp ng maaga, then pag nakikita ko na malaki yung nag no tsaka na ako magsend out ng 2nd batch ng invites 1month before pang supplement. Ayaw ko din kasi na lumampas sa count yung sa amin kasi talagang magooverflow na sa kabilang ballroom..

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »
^^Our invitation is not yet done. Hopefully by December we can already send it out. I will share some pictures once available. Includong the wedding guestbook, table # and assignments. Because I availed it from the same supplier. ☺️

BBB21

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2016, 10:22:07 am »
We finally booked Kim's Studio for our wedding invites. :) But we were booked for Nov.11 slot pa. I think they're in demand nowadays. Hehe. Good thing March pa wedding namin. By December pa kasi matatapos invites namin. Aside from their competitive rates, very accommodating si Ms. Nina. Ang dami kasi naming idea and peg na design and she's helping us trim it down. :)

smdagnes

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2016, 12:55:45 pm »
Hi sisses! Anyone here who's already done with their invitation? I noticed lang wala masyado nagse-share (aside from sis mindiegirl). Or maybe because it contains personal information? 😊

for printing pa yung sa amin and expected to be delivered on the 16th/17th. Although we did a prototype na. My supplier is Ms Sunny Cards and Craft Collection. We previously opted Printsonalities pero a bit too pricey. Mejo ok [textspeak!] kami to go a bit crazy with the invites kase we are having a small wedding lang. Book type yung napili namin, 6.25x6.25. Baroque/Vintage style in black and dark red to compliment with our theme - so mejo luma look

eto yung prototype, will share final ones soon  :) :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjOCoSD3rJ/?taken-by=love14022017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLp4CzIjb--/?taken-by=love14022017

smdagnes

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2016, 01:01:41 pm »
Kaya gusto ko masend out invites ng 2 mos before para makapag rsvp ng maaga, then pag nakikita ko na malaki yung nag no tsaka na ako magsend out ng 2nd batch ng invites 1month before pang supplement. Ayaw ko din kasi na lumampas sa count yung sa amin kasi talagang magooverflow na sa kabilang ballroom..

naisip ko lang, di ba sa rsvp may indicated dates to respond? say Dec 5, so giving it another week sa mga late magrespond, we can identify na ilan ang 'No'. so then we distribute for the second batch.. worry ko lang if giving out hard copies of invites, makikita nila sa rsvp na required to respond by Dec 5. so if they receive it after the date... they would think na these are pity invites or nasa ayun nga second batch sila  :( iniisip ko for second batch to just send electronic invites with another rsvp date or wala na lang.
i dont want to make guests feel second choice sila but reality is, we need to keep within our numbers kaya we do this system.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2016, 01:56:07 pm »
^I think it depends on the type of guests. In 2 weddings I've attended, I knew that I just got bumped up from the wait list. I noticed coz they added me on the Facebook event 2 months after it was created and there were 2 month old comments there. I didnt really mind and was just actually so happy I got invited. I RSVPed right away hehe. My profile is early 30s and not matampuhin when I see my friends have this biglaan get together. Usually its the older generation who are matampuhin with things like this:)

Actually my family and I sometimes receive invites past their RSVP dates na. We just assume they sent it out too late. Never really thought it because we were on the waiting list lang. If you just want to invite the second batch via facebook event, I think thats fine:)

smdagnes

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »
thanks for your thoughts @rowan... baka im overthinking things din  ;D i just dont want them feeling bad
this  made me feel better na  ;)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2016, 02:40:08 pm »
^If ever they react tell them , "sorry, late lang napadala! hectic ang wedding preps sked" =p

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2016, 05:55:48 pm »
I think just be honest and tell them that some people have cancelled and it allowed you to invite more people. I think most people will understand naman that you cannot possibly invite everyone and will be happy that they can come and celebrate with you.

I shared na our invitations before I think. We are not doing maps anymore kasi no one is driving naman and we're providing transport. So 3 inserts na lang, main invite RSVP and reception card. RSVP is more detailed than usual kasi I want to know where everyone is staying and when they're arriving.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/mauen/B2162D31-41C9-4AFA-AD31-6595EC516BAC_zpsknodnmeu.jpg

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2016, 09:38:22 am »
naisip ko lang, di ba sa rsvp may indicated dates to respond? say Dec 5, so giving it another week sa mga late magrespond, we can identify na ilan ang 'No'. so then we distribute for the second batch.. worry ko lang if giving out hard copies of invites, makikita nila sa rsvp na required to respond by Dec 5. so if they receive it after the date... they would think na these are pity invites or nasa ayun nga second batch sila  :( iniisip ko for second batch to just send electronic invites with another rsvp date or wala na lang.

We don't put RSVP dates sa invites. We find it medyo impolite na bigyan sila ng deadline pa.. Baka mapagalitan pa kami ng parents namin.. Chinese culture siguro, I don't know..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:40:03 am by meixin »

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2016, 08:34:13 pm »
Kami naman, we will be having a wedding website. May rsvp dun. And for those who will confirm their attendance, we will send out the printed invitation (aside of course to those mga oldies who have no Social Media accounts - we will be giving them printed invitation rightaway).


LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2016, 03:35:38 am »
Don't you have to let your caterer know the headcount before the wedding?

Our deadline for the caterer is one week before. So my deadline is 3 weeks beforehand.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2016, 09:17:33 am »
@meixin: really? We put the rsvp deadline in our invite. And all of my (chinese) friends did as well.  We just aren't expecting most of our guests to actually rsvp haha. My mom will call her guests (relatives and friends) to confirm (since they may be insulted if I or my coordinator follow up).

@smdagnes: I don't think you have to worry. I've received a few invitations only a week or two ahead (and I know I wasn't "second tier" because they informed me of the wedding a year ahead). They just sent their invites out late. This is usually what I assume when I receive invitations late.

Also, I've been invited to a wedding wherein I'm pretty sure I was just "bumped up." The facebook event I was added to had old comments etc. But like rowan, I wasn't insulted. I was happy to just be invited (since it was a good friend who I hadn't seen in a few years).  Don't over think things :)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2016, 09:48:00 pm »
LilaFowler, our signed contract with the caterer is for 200 pax. So we'll just have to let them know should there be any additions (which we don't want to happen na that's why we're trimming down and finalizing the guest list).  :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2016, 04:06:44 am »
I see. Our kasi wala pang contract. The contract actually does not get signed until we have final figures so we can still change the menu etc.

It kind of works for us kasi we can tweak the menu to fit our budget based on the number of guests. If we get less guests, we will get the more expensive menu option.

bersh

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:06 pm »

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2016, 06:05:40 pm »
^ The link is not working

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »
Though done na kami sa wedding, sharing our DIY invitations  for our Harry Potter wedding:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33f8rz9eoat5fmt/14064167_10207131884602647_985999133685522610_n.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiu6btnuolhjee8/14055077_10207131884962656_244105961425291935_n.jpg?dl=0

Medyo time consuming to make one Marauder's Map invitation pero nakakatuwa pag nakatapos ka ng isa. Pero after a few days non-stop doing these, medyo ang sarap na magwala. Haha.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 4)
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2016, 10:02:54 am »
@meixin: really? We put the rsvp deadline in our invite. And all of my (chinese) friends did as well.  We just aren't expecting most of our guests to actually rsvp haha. My mom will call her guests (relatives and friends) to confirm (since they may be insulted if I or my coordinator follow up)
Hmm.. I don't know then kung san nagstem yun, pero sa amin talaga parang disrespectful yun. We (our parents and us) will just personally call them up to get their rsvp. Pero we cannot put a deadline. Maski nga allowance sa time ng wedding ayaw e, parang niloloko daw namin ang mga guests. So actual time yung pinalagay sa invitations..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close