watch now

Author Topic: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3  (Read 80233 times)

BacMook

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »
Ilang minutes ang waiting time nyo for each step (esp. yung mga pinapahid)? Okay na ba yung 2-3 mins?

Okay. Finally feeling ko nakapagstart narin ako sa K-skincare after stalking this thread and your posts for few months :D Paki-check naman sa mga expert sissies natin jan kung ano kulang or what. So here it is:

AM
1. Neutrogena Brightening Foam Cleanser  (squeeky clean yung feeling after kaya sometimes I use Dove soap)
2. Whatever toner available (im still in search)
3. Missha FTE
4. Missha Borabit Ampoule
5. iWhite Korea Aqua Moisturizer
6. Eye cream (im still in search)
7. Holika Cotton Bb (with spf 30 pa++)

PM
1. Biore Oil Cleanser
2. Neutrogena Foam Cleanser / Dove
3. St Ives Apricot scrub / Skinfood Rice Wash off  (2-3x/wk)
4. Toner
5. Missha FTE
6. Missha Borabit Ampoule
7. Eye cream
8. iWhite korea aqua moisturizer
(Btw, these are inspired by sis Ireneeeee, pinattern ko sakanya since same kami na oily skin, hihi thanks sis!)

May facial masks ako dito that Ive bought from Watsons pero di ko pa natry isingit. Dati nung wash-tone-moisturize palang ako nagagamit ko naman sila. I also have OLED whitening cream pero di ko pa natry.

Napansin ko lang, mula nung nagstart ako nito, mejo nalessen yung oiliness ko. Though nagooil up parin, pero at least di hulas yung ichura ko. Parang dewy look lang. Happy ako na wala namang pimples so far.

Gusto ko lumiit pores ko, maregulate ang oil production (lol pede ba yon), mawala pimple marks, and magbrigthen ang skin. Ano pa kaya kailangan kong products? Haha.

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »
^I'm not an expert but I like the results when I added chemical exfoliants (AHAs, BHAs or PHAs) and vitamin A (retinol, tretinoin) and/or vitamin C. I can only speak for myself, I had almost perfect results from combining them especially with the Missha Borabit Ampoule but my skin's different from yours, I'm turning 43, you might be younger baka mas sensitive ka.

romance4ever

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2016, 10:42:29 pm »
Hi there!

Planning on incorporating into my routine the goodies I bought from Althea 1-2 months ago (items with "*" below). Pa-advise naman please if I have the order/combi correctly. I'm almost 40, with combi skin that appears reddish due to pimple scars and broken capillaries.

AM:
- Cetaphil
- Hadanomy collagen mist (just finishing up the bottle)
- Guerisson 9 Complex Essence*
- Blanc De Whitening Cream*
- Biore UV Aqua Rich sunblock

PM:
- Make-up remover (currently rotating an oil-based remover, cold cream & wipes)
- April Skin Magic Stone
- Guerisson 9 Complex Essence*
- Power 10 Formula VC Effect* (alternate with Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Essence which is  halfway empty)
- Blanc De Whitening Cream*


Thankies!

BacMook

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2016, 11:06:11 am »
Hi, sis ataypool! I'm 25, pero I've been wanting to try those you mention rin, kaso not sure on what specific products to use. Di pa ko familiar. :-\ Ang alam ko lang AHA/BHA helps sa white/blackheads? Tama ba? Hihi. Lagi ko rin nababasa yang tretinoin/retinol pero di ko pa alam what for. Pero gusto ko din! Lol. Nakakapagpa-peel ba sya? If yes, gusto ko yan! I have some dark / red pimple marks and black/whiteheads on my cheeks, chin and some on my nose and naghahanap ako ng products that can help eliminate and improve them para linis-kinis! Hehe

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2016, 11:36:28 am »
^Early 20s ako I tried those exfoliants and tretinoin (Maxipeel, Clinique, dermatologist's inhouse products), bad for me kaya I stopped and only started in my late 30s. 90s iyon but compared to now na madami na advancement sa research, packaging, storage and formulation, huwag ka na matakot to try them. Minimise mo na lang muna siguro, CosRX AHA and BHAs products are good for you I think kasi synthetic AHAs and BHAs ang gamit nila, effective din naman or PHA, milder but effective too (Neostrata, Zelens). Tretinoin and retinol for acne and anti-aging, but be careful when you're pregnant or planning to (same as BHA) and there's increased sensitivity under the sun. May retinol din ang Missha Borabit Ampoule but not as much. Iyong thread dito ng Tretinoin is very helpful, madami doon posts ng experienced users.

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
Sis Macbook, ask ko lang, pag AM una ang moisturizer mo kesa sa eye cream? kase yung PM mo una naman eyecream sa moisturizer.

Up to now nakakabasa pa rin ako ng mixed writeups regarding kung kelan i-apply ang eye cream.

pinksmores

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
Hi po!

Ask ko lang po sino na nakatry ng IOPE matte bb cushion 2016? And san po meron sa greenhills nagbebenta ng korean makeup/skincare products if any? THANK YOU! :)

n_n

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2016, 06:17:43 pm »
Ano yung best brightening ingredient? Best, uhm.. pinakamibilis makita yung effect for skin brightening?

Arbutin
Licorice Extract
Niacinamide
Vitamin C

Ano yung pwede at hindi pwede isabay sa Missha FTE, Cosrx AHA, Cosrx BHA :)
Alin alin brightening ingredient ang maganda / pwede ipagsabay?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:29:18 pm by n_n »

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2016, 07:55:06 pm »
^ The best for me is Niacinamide. Arbutin and Licorice, more on skin-lightening sila, IMO.
Don't use niacinamide and Vitamin C together. Unless you have real plenty of time to wait, lol. If you're planning to use Missha FTE and vitamin C, the safest way would be to use vitamin C sa umaga and FTE sa gabi.

BacMook

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2016, 09:06:48 pm »
Sis ataypool, so far CosRx AHA/BHA toner palang yung parang ina-eye ko kasi yun palang yung kilala ko. Haha. Pero mukang di naman din ganon kaganda reviews? Any specific recos for AHA/BHA & PHA and Retinol/Tretinoin?

Mejo newbie level palang Kaya mejo nalilito pa talaga ako. Hihi. Meron pa kasi ako nababasa dito na bawal ipagsabay yung ganito sa ganyan. And yung may waiting time na 30mins, kalerks! Though gusto ko rin yung mga brigthening whitening effect.

Usually 2-3mins interval lang ginagawa ko in between essence-ampoule-moisturizer-bb cream. Enough na ba 'yun?

Sis Myealexis21 actually di ko rin alam ano dapat mauna. Nasanay kasi ako na hindi ko nilalagyan ng anything yung eye area ko except for eyecream. Kaya kahit unahin ko sya oks lang. I dunno. Haha.

Kayo ba mga sis, do you also apply essence-ampoule-moisturizer-etc. sa eye area nyo? Kasi napansin ko nga kadalasan nasa last or second-to-the-last part lagi ang eyecream application ng karamihan dito. Hehe

n_n

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2016, 12:19:24 am »
^Thanks sis budzwhiz! 💙 May direction na ulit ang pagresearch ko haha

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2016, 10:30:46 am »
^^Okay naman ang CosRX, you're just starting and still young anyway, iba iba rin kasi ang reaction ng skin, besides CosRX's price is not too bad (Olay meron na ring first essence but looking at the price, I'll still go for CosRX). Iba pang brands non-Korean, Paula's Choice, Pixi Glow, Neostrata, First Aid Beauty, VMV, Mario Badescu, Clinique, Clarins, Alpha H (don't know the specific product but nasa description naman). Retinol/Tretinoin, there's a thread na very helpful about brands although I'm only using Retin A 0.05% right now, can't say anything bad about it.

piatos

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2016, 10:58:06 am »
^I'm not an expert but I like the results when I added chemical exfoliants (AHAs, BHAs or PHAs) and vitamin A (retinol, tretinoin) and/or vitamin C. I can only speak for myself, I had almost perfect results from combining them especially with the Missha Borabit Ampoule but my skin's different from yours, I'm turning 43, you might be younger baka mas sensitive ka.

what is your skincare routine with aha, vitamin and vit c? i also want to try tretinoin because of the tretinoin thread

my skin care routine is something like this

AM: olay white radiance foaming cleanser - celeteque toner - olay te eye cream - olay regenerist

PM: laneige sleeping pack

twice a week - sheet mask, avon hydrating mask aloe vera and eye patch






lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »
i bought 2 tubes of chica y chico tota again.. taking advantage if the 10% discount. also ordered skin miso pore beauty nose pack dahil problem ko talaga ang blackheads eversince.

_isay16_

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2016, 04:24:41 pm »
hello... sino po naka try na ng cosrx low ph cleanser and benton aloe propolis soothing gel? ok ba siya sa mga oily/acne prone? :)

planning to add them kasi soon plus the c20.. to help sana sa pimples and scars. pero still waiting to restock pa ako ng cosrx low ph sa skincurator

oracLe

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2016, 05:53:47 pm »
lordknight_aiz.18, sis anong effect ng tota sayo? Nakaka-lighten din yan ng PIH?

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2016, 06:11:21 pm »
what is your skincare routine with aha, vitamin and vit c? i also want to try tretinoin because of the tretinoin thread

my skin care routine is something like this

AM: olay white radiance foaming cleanser - celeteque toner - olay te eye cream - olay regenerist

PM: laneige sleeping pack

twice a week - sheet mask, avon hydrating mask aloe vera and eye patch


I always double cleanse at night. Changed my cleansers to low ph or mild so no more soap or foaming when I've added tretinoin.

1st night: AHA treatment - Alpha H Liquid Gold
2nd night: Tretinoin treatment: wait between 20 to 30 minutes after cleansing - Retin A cream 0.05
3rd night: Healing, Brightening and Moisturising: BHA Treatment or Exfoliating Toner - First Treatment Essence - Serum and/or Oil - Moisturise - Overnight Mask (optional)
4th night: Same as third night if skin's peeling, if not I do the first night step then on and on...

Morning: Cleanse - Moisturise - Sunblock

Masks: sheet masks almost forgotten; I don't think there's a need anymore, maybe on lazy nights.

Vit C - I'm using the ZO brightalive pero okay siya sa prevention of more sun pigmentation happening but not for brightening; I had better results with OST C20. Kailangan ko lang ubusin si ZO kasi madami pa.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2016, 06:42:09 pm »
Just received my CosRx Good Morning gel cleanser, will try this tonight or tomorrow. Will use it as my first cleanser if maging okay.

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2016, 07:53:00 pm »
^Yey may magrereview! 

I bought the Su:m 37 ba yun? yung may rose petals for 2nd cleanse.  Ok naman I did not break out.  Low PH cleanser din sya, but I don't like the scent.  Tapos may kamahalan pa compared to CosRx.  Uubusin ko lang ito and di na ako bibili ulet :)

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Korean Skincare and Cosmetics Thread 3
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2016, 09:31:47 pm »
^ San mo nabili sis? Balak ko din bumili nyan, esp. good for travel kasi. There's a high probability lang I will break out from it, made of coconut oil kasi but I still want to try. :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close