Author Topic: TTC's who got pregnant: Your Journey to BFP (thread 2)  (Read 16979 times)

mrscurlytops

• Probationary
Re: TTC's who got pregnant: Your Journey to BFP (thread 2)
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2018, 11:13:51 pm »

marsala2016

• GirlTalker
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2018, 05:56:19 am »
1. What's your (and/or your partner's) diagnosis if any? PCOS & hubby has low sperm motility
2. How many months/years TTC? Almost a year
3. What meds did you take while TTC? Vitamins for me & hub; with our first ob, i took clomid for 2 cycles but unsuccessful to conceive naturally. With our 2nd ob, vitamins then took letrozole for 1 cycle, done iui, then got pregnant afterwards:)
4. Any fertility supplements/ TTC kits you used? (OPKs, basal thermometer, etc)
5. Name of OB & Hospital/Clinic, schedule and if HMO accredited- Dra. Eileen Manalo, MMC, Asian & St. Lukes BGC
6. Message/Tips: never give up! Find an ob you?ll be comfy with and give your full trust. In our case, we changed our ob the moment that I had doubts and didn?t wait to undergo 3rd cycle of clomid before transferring.  I found the right ob for me and liked her approach. No beating around the bush. When dra. Manalo knew that hubby has low sperm motility, she told us that our best chance is iui given the condition, so we followed her advise & got pregnant at the 1st try. And most importantly, pray/draw strength from your faith.

Baby dust to all!

thatkdramaeonni

• GirlTalker
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2018, 12:27:08 pm »
Hello all! Just want to share our TTC journey and to revive this thread a bit.  :)

1. What's your (and/or your partner's) diagnosis if any?
-Normal FSH, AMH, Estradiol results. Normal Ovaries per TransV, but I have a slightly thickened endometrium daw for CD 5-6 (I think mine was at 10mm, when OB said it should only be around 4-5mm since kakatapos lang ng cycle); Hubby's SA is normal on all fields. Unexplained infertility ang diagnosis ni first OB.

2. How many months/years TTC?
-A year and a half. 1st 6 months, on and off ang BD.

3. What meds did you take while TTC?
-I read up on vitamins to take to improve the health of our egg and sperm (OB also gave a go signal): Centrum (for zinc and selenium), Fern-C, Vitamin E and Coenzyme Q10 for the 2 of us, additional folic acid+iron for me. We also had 2 rounds of Ovamit (chlomiphene citrate). 1st round, 50mg per day on CD 2-6; 2nd round 100mg on CD 2-6 as well.

4. Any fertility supplements/ TTC kits you used?
-Ovamit, 2 rounds. I have OPKs but didn't get around to use them. We also tried taking my temperature pero minsan nakakalimutan in the morning when rushing to work. I also tried anion sanitary napkins for months but didn't work for me.

5. Name of OB & Hospital/Clinic, schedule and if HMO accredited
-My 1st OB is Dr. Maila Adviento at Mandaluyong City Medical Center (she's a friend of my MIL). Her sked is Mon- OPD until 12 nn; Wed & Fri - 24 hours labor/delivery room. However, our work skeds don't match with her (yes, nagcoconsult kami sa delivery room at 12mn minsan; we wait for hours madalas) so we tried to seek 2nd opinion (though sa kanya pa nabuo si baby with the Ovamit double dose).
-Our current OB is Dr. Concepcion P. Alfiler. Her clinic is at Medical Plaza Ortigas (M-S, 9AM-3PM). Accredited din sya TMC Pasig. She was recommended by my friend who is 36, has PCOS and was told twice na there's no chance na for her to have a baby. She got pregnant 4 months under Dr. Alfiler's care. And yung officemates nya din, dinadayo yung clinic ni Doc. She accepts all HMOs, pero you need to secure a Letter of Authorization first sa TMC (Intellicare kami)

6. Message/Tips:

-Wag magpapressure! And don't give up! Though minsan nakakadisappoint talaga yung lagi nalang BFN every month, wag panghinaan ng loob. Habaan ang pasensya at hang on to your faith. Don't be afraid to seek 2nd opinion if hindi kayo comfy sa approach ni OB nyo. Take a break from TTC if needed, lalo pag nafifeel nyo na BD is like work na, and not as spontaneous as before. We all need some breathing room, especially if the stress and frustration had piled up. Have a talk with your hubby/partner amidst all these. Let out all feelings, para di kinikimkim. Sometimes, tayo as women, very showy tayo in expressing our frustrations pag BFN na minsan di natin natatanong what hubby/partner is feeling, who I'm sure is frustrated as well. Lastly, Pray and Never Give Up!

Baby dust to all! When we were TTC, I found comfort and hope in the TTC thread of GT.. yung feeling na hindi lang ako yung dumadaan sa ganito, some mas malala and yet, nabiyayaan sila ng angel. Kapit lang, mga sis! You are all in my prayers.  :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:52:30 am by thatkdramaeonni »
Jeremiah 29:11

misbelled

« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2018, 03:23:53 pm »
Hello, hoping to keep this thread alive and to share a little insight for those TTC.

Quick background, I just took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and there was a faint line. When I told our OB, she said to come visit her after 2 more weeks since she thinks I'm just about 5 weeks pregnant. I had a very early miscarriage 5 months ago (hindi raw kumapit) so I'm trying hard to take care of myself. 

1. What's your (and/or your partner's) diagnosis if any? Husband's sperm count. I'm healthy and periods are regular
2. How many months/years TTC? 1 year and 5 months, since we got married in June 2018
3. What meds did you take while TTC? Stresstabs for both of us, Folart for me (been taking it before we got married), Rogin-E for hubby, on and off Sangobian and Ovamit (clomifene citrate) for me. I was prescribed Duphaston before and took it once. 
4. Any fertility supplements/ TTC kits you used? (OPKs, basal thermometer, etc) I have been consistently taking my BBT every morning upon waking up since 6 months ago. I also use the Flo app to try and predict my ovulation day. It isn't always accurate but the BBT helps confirm the data.
5. Name of OB & Hospital/Clinic, schedule and if HMO accredited- Dra. Mary Richelle Pascua for TMC Pasig, Metro Antipolo
6. Message/Tips: Do not pressure yourselves. It will come when you least expect it!
We weren't really planning to get pregnant this Nov and instead was targeting a Dec conception thinking we would have a more relaxed time with BD, no pressure at work. It didn't work out that way because we only BD twice! I conceived when we BD the day before my predicted ovulation day! I think it was a miracle.

Hoping this reaches someone who needs to hear it the most. God knows when is the best time. 

thatkdramaeonni

• GirlTalker
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2018, 10:49:41 am »
^Congrats sis misbelled! :) Have a safe journey to mommyhood.
Jeremiah 29:11

damonsgirl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2018, 04:53:34 pm »
We conceived naturally!

Our IUI baby turned 2 years old last October 28th. Having a toddler meant having little to no time at all for myself. My husband and I weren't really trying for a second baby simply because we can hardly handle the demands of our only child. Sometimes we'd talk about trying for a second baby in maybe 3 to 5 years. We'd constantly talk about our willingness to go through IUI again and all the risks we might have to face considering I have pre-diabetes and had to take insulin shots for the duration of my pregnancy along with other pregnancy-related issues.

If I didn't have any complications, I'd be willing to try for another baby much sooner. I just felt so overwhelmed imaging myself having to manage a toddler while injecting insulin, rushing to put the needles away before my son gets his hands on them.

For several months, I have noticed that my egg white cervical mucus had been quite spot on. 14 days after having it, my period would come. Last October 21st, I noticed that I had it and asked my husband that maybe we can try this time. I'm not sure if it would work considering we never got pregnant naturally in over 3 years of trying.

And so we baby danced past midnight - it was already October 22nd.

We had an intimate celebration of our son's second birthday on October 28th with our family and close friends not knowing what lay ahead. I counted 14 days from October 21st so I'd know when to expect my period. Come November 4th, it still wasn't there.

On the night of November 7th, I asked my husband to pick up some pregnancy tests for me. I was so certain it?ll turn out negative and that my period is just around the corner. It was already bed time but I couldn't wait til the next morning to test using my first morning urine so I went ahead and tested.
Lo and behold, I saw a colorless second line come up within the time limit, much like the initial result I had with my first pregnancy. I felt like my eyes were just playing tricks on me so I called my husband to the bathroom to come take a look and he saw the same thing which meant, I wasn't imagining things! I got another test, held my pee for another 2 hours and got the same result.

The next morning, I kept my first morning urine in a cup while I went out to get a blood test to confirm my pregnancy and got myself some more pregnancy test kits. I got home and tested again and the second line was much much clearer this time. I had to wait for a few more hours til I got the blood test result which turned out POSITIVE. I cannot believe it. After so many years of trying and resorting to IUI, conceiving naturally was never really on the table for us. We have accepted that we'd have to do the IUI again if we really wanted another child. We cannot express how happy we are. This is the biggest surprise of our lives and I cannot wait to hold him or her, our little miracle. I cannot thank God enough for this unexpected blessing and will do my very best to have a healthy pregnancy.

mommynin8

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2018, 05:38:31 pm »
Congrats Damonsgirl!  What a great Christmas gift 🙏🏻
And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close