Author Topic: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom  (Read 2099 times)

stella021817

  • Guest
Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« on: May 26, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »
How or where is everyone (bride and groom) planning to sit during their reception? My fiance and I don't really want to be up on stage. We were planning to sit at the end of the head table (with our parents and principal sponsors), then just "turn" our seats to watch the program.  But I attended a wedding with this set up recently, and it was a bit awkward to see guests' faces/reactions behind the bride/groom when the videographer would go in for close-ups (live feed). Another option is a sweetheart table off to the side of the dance floor..

I'd love to hear how you're planning to seat yourselves! Or if you're already married -- what set-up did you have? And how did it go?  Thanks!! :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »
We had seats in the VIP table beside our parents. Didn't like eating on stage or having separate table kasi all eyes are on you haha! At least being in the table, we're one with the guests ☺️
For me kasi super awkward otherwise!

Made the program as a total downtime din. Just background music during dinner so even suppliers were eating.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »
^haha yes!! We think it would be awkward to be on stage also!  I was planning to sit with my parents/principal sponsors in the head table.  But at a wedding I attended, when the videographer would zoom in on the bride/groom to get their reaction to the speeches, you could see their parents in the corner of the screen (making weird expressions or looking bored, haha!). So I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this! :))

may I know how long your dinner was before the program started? I'd like mine to be very chill also (we hired an acoustic band to play).

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 04:45:04 pm »
Ah no.. For the rest of the program, we were onstage sitting on couple couch :) Dinner lang talaga yung nasa VIP table kami.

Hmmm, our dinner was about an hour and a half. Yung half eh we went around the tables for mini chat with our guests.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 04:49:31 pm »
^^You can put a couple of chairs near the cake table. You can stay there when there's a program then just transfer to the VIP table for dinner.  Im thinking of doing this too coz I also dont want the spotlight on me the whole time =p

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:51:28 pm »
our plan is to be on stage during the program (dahil sayang ang backdrop) hahahaha

Then during dinner time we would be sit together with our parents and VIPS. I want to eat also and I don't want to eat on stage :)

highness127

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 05:01:01 pm »
During programs, dun kayo uupo sa stage or in front since kayo po yung spotlight hehe. But rest of the reception like dinner, I believe may separate table kayo to have your dinner and yes, you can go around for some chit chats with your guests. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:27:31 pm »
stella021817: We had the same seating setup. Head of VIP table then we just turned our chairs around. Another option if you don't want to have a couple's area or stage, like Rowan said you can ask coordinator to place 2 chairs next to you cake if placed up front on stage. So when camera zooms in on you, the background will be the cake. =) At least you also get to maximize the cost of the cake and use it as a background teehee
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:29:55 pm by Chili1113 »

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 10:16:35 am »
@j.adore: We plan to table hop (for photos) during dinner also. But we'll be having 500-600 guests, so I doubt I'll finish everyone! Hoping to keep our dinner & program to 3 hours max.

@itsKat! and @highness127: haha, I thought about that too.. sayang my stage decorations!! But I think I'll be uncomfortable on stage, so I'm hoping to find another option. As for dinner, I think I'll have to eat before the reception :( we'll have a lot of guests so dinner time will be spent table hopping for photos i think..

@Chili and @Rowan: That's a great idea! Maybe we'll do that. So we're "in front" but not up on stage. And yes, we'll get our money's worth on the cake and cake table decor!

@Chili: May I know how long your dinner (without program) was? I remember reading in another thread that you wanted to keep your program short as well? :)

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 09:51:25 am »
^ Hi Chilli113! (Medyo off topic) Nag sit-down menu ka pala? how was it? much better ba than buffet? do we have a thread here for this topic? i am thinking of having a sit down meny also instead of buffet kasi. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 10:13:42 am »
^ Hi Chilli113! (Medyo off topic) Nag sit-down menu ka pala? how was it? much better ba than buffet? do we have a thread here for this topic? i am thinking of having a sit down meny also instead of buffet kasi. :)

Yup we did a sit-down after having 2 food tastings and we really didn't like the buffet food.

Advantage of sit-down are:
1. Better food presentation
2. More formal (as you will never see a buffet setup in very formal dinners i.e. State dinners)
3. We were able to sync our program with the courses being served i.e. Sit at VIP table- for soup; Table hopping- during salad, Entree, and sorbet; Speeches/AVPS/SDEs- after the main course is served; Closing remarks- after dessert 

Disadvantages are:
1. No leftovers-- once served, whether guest touch the food or not, its thrown out
2. Servings- some loved some of the dishes like the dessert and wanted bigger portions. There were some who asked for more and they were given naman by the caterer since there were some extras of some guests who were too full to eat dessert.

Hubby really wanted buffet while I wanted sit-down. However, after we tried the food we both agreed on the sit-down. I would've been ok with a buffet only because I dont like wasting food, but the food presentation and taste wasn't up to our standards. If it was, I think we wouldve gotten the buffet.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:18:46 am by Chili1113 »

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 10:17:33 am »
@Chili: Your LED wall was your stage backdrop? I was planning to do that also, but my emcee suggested that I might need 2 screens, because I'll be having a lot of guests. So I'm thinking the 2 screens might have to be on either end of the stage. Was your strings/band on the stage as well or off to the side?

That's a good idea! I'll advise my coordinator to do exactly that. We'll eat the main meal in our holding room, then just have a course or two at the VIP table with our parents. We're having a sit-down menu as well :)

Your program sounds exactly like what I'm planning, haha. 6-7 short speeches, 2-3 SDEs, 1 first dance and 1 father-daughter dance. I usually get bored with longer programs, so we're trying to keep it short. Did you find that people were bored without games? We don't really want games, but my emcee advised that it's good to have a back-up game or two, in case we need to stall for the SDEs etc.


itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 10:47:28 am »
^Thanks Chilli113!I like all the advantages you mentioned, kaya lang i am also worried sa servings. Sa Pinas kasi sanay yung mga tao sa buffet, but I think if the serving is sufficient naman, wala na din magrereklamo right?

Also, ganon ba talaga, you only have one main course or main meat pag sit down? like if its chicken, it chicken, if pork, its pork. Unlike sa buffet kasi, you have, pork, fish, chicken usually. What did you do on your menu?

TIA  :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 11:06:12 am »
@Chili: Your reception looks so elegant!! I hope mine turns out just as well!  I actually like your set up re. the bands and LED wall. Gives the guests a lot to look at. I hired an acoustic band instead of strings, though. So i'm not sure if they'd "look good" up on stage, haha. But then, I don't want to have an empty stage either...  Hopefully my coordinator/stylist will have more ideas.   

Yes, big wedding... not by choice, haha. If it were up to me, I'd have a small, intimate wedding in Antonio's! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »
itskat: Nope you can customize a sit-down menu. Our main dish had 2 viands -- beef and fish served on one plate with a starch (choice of risotto, pasta, potatoes). Then we had an entree (small main course #1) before that which was also seafood.

Stella: Whaaaa same here. If I had a choice I'd have my wedding in Antonio's =) Anyway I am sure your wedding is going to be so beautiful you seem to have very good suppliers and are diligent in researching and gathering info =)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:06:51 pm by Chili1113 »

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Seating Arrangement for Bride & Groom
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 05:00:19 pm »
^Thanks Chili! I really hope it'll turn out how I imagine. Which is funny, because I never even thought about anything wedding-related until I got engaged. And since we started planning so early (almost a year and a half in advance), I have a little TOO much time to plan and obsess over every detail, haha! Congratulations again. I hope married life is treating you well :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close