Author Topic: KETOGENIC Diet  (Read 18984 times)

drag0nfly

• Super GirlTalker
KETOGENIC Diet
« on: May 21, 2016, 05:39:05 am »
Mga sis, anyone into this diet?  Well, not diet per se, pero lifestyle na din daw if you decide to go keto.  I am planning to start this on Monday.  It is primarily a low-carb, moderate protein and high fat diet.  Nakita ko sa Paleo thread there were a couple of girls who mentioned this, so I decided to start a separate thread for those who are doing it already or interested in learning more about it.

Right now ang resource ko palang is this this blog:  http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com

Meron syang 3-day meal plan to get your body in the ketosis state, to jumpstart it.  Then meron din weekly meal plans after that.  Ketosis is defined by WebMD as:

"Ketosis" is a word you'll probably see when you're looking for information on diabetes or weight loss. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? That depends.

Ketosis is a normal metabolic process, something your body does to keep working. When it doesn't have enough carbohydrates from food for your cells to burn for energy, it burns fat instead. As part of this process, it makes ketones."

I'm ready to ditch the carbs and sugar.  I feel so sluggish na din kasi most of the day after eating so much of it.  I feel I have to take control and maybe this is the eating lifestyle that I can explore to be able to kick the habit.  Diabetes runs in our family, too, so I know I have to start taking better care of myself habang bata bata pa. 

Share naman kayo ng experiences and tips.  Looking forward to hearing from you :)

totallyChloe

• Probationary
Re: KETOGENIC Diet
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 06:30:34 am »
My husband lost 60lbs on Keto diet and with no work out. He was on internship for 10 months in another city which made him eat carbs. Right now, trying to get him back to this awesome diet. I hope it works for you too, let me know your progress  :)

drag0nfly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:38:03 pm »
^Thanks for replying!  Did you prepare the meals for him?  Are you also on keto? 

newbie31

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »
I love keto diet! This is the only diet that I don't feel too deprived. Kasi the food you eat still has flavor because of the fats. And it's really effective too. You'd notice the difference in 3 days. Mahirap lang sa simula. You'll feel sluggish, tired and sleepy all the time but once you hit ketosis, it will be a breeze.

I don't practice it though as a lifestyle. I have a sweet tooth so once I hit my weight goal, bumabalik na ko sa carbs. Good luck on your keto journey! :)

totallyChloe

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:13 am »
^Thanks for replying!  Did you prepare the meals for him?  Are you also on keto?

Yes sis I prepared the his meals, but I am not on keto diet haha I love my carbs though I think I need to join him.

these are the staple items I needed to prepare his meals

Cheese
bacon, meat
broccoli
berries
almond flour
physllium powder
eggs
milk
stevia powder
green veggies

drag0nfly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 04:45:35 am »
^Thanks for the tips, sis!  I'll update in 2 weeks  :)

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 02:28:18 pm »
I like this diet kasi it is the fastest way to lose weight for me. Although lagi akong may 1 day cheat day every week.

Eto yung madalas kong kainin:
-eggs for bfast
-chia seed pudding with stevia to satisfy sweet cravings ( use coco milk, then you can add different flavors like vanilla extract, even cacao powder to vary the flavor)
-steak  (sarap!  nadiscover ko tuloy best steak prep: sear in high heat, cook sa oven in low heat mga 150 degC.  Use butter with thyme and rosemary to make your steakĀ“s flavors pop)
-smoked salmon (ang mura kasi dito) + cream cheese
-oven broiled pork liempo (yung bacon cut) then eat it korean style by wrapping it in lettuce
-meatballs then vary the sauce ----sweet and sour (using cider vinegar and plum sauce) or in chicken broth with veggies
-pag nagcracrave ng noodles or pasta, use shirataki noodles (konjac plant based noodles).  halos zero calories itong mga ito
-for fiber, take psyllium fibre, or you can make flaxseed puddings similar to the way you make chia seed puddings
-make mock rice and mashed potatoes using cauliflower. mas nasasarapa pa ako sa mashed cauliflower kesa mashed potatoes
-for peanut butter alternatives, buy sugar-free nut or sunflower butters (I personally like sunflower butters kesa almond butter=

Hindi ko pa natry magbake using nut flours, pero isa yan sa mga goals ko :-)

keejac21

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »
Hmmm. Parang okay to a. Im also looking to shed pounds kahit walang exercise.
I don't need easy. I just need possible.

drag0nfly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 08:41:30 pm »
@letters_to_cleo

Thanks for sharing! Did you watch your calories strictly while on keto?

Hindi pa ako 100% compliant with this. Mga 4x a week pa lang, going on 2 weeks so far, pero I've lost 7 lbs na. Wala pa din exercise yun kasi tom pa lang ako babalik sa workout. Medyo mabusisi nga lang for me kasi iba ang food ko from the rest of the family and ayaw ko ng iasa sa helper namin na pati food ko sya mag-prep and luto. The worst yung 1st week kasi walang carbs and sugar so para akong zombie... Pero thank God buhay pa naman ako LOL. Ang napansin ko nawala yung sluggishness after eating rice, lalo sa tanghali. Balak ko din eventually to have Sundays off para naman di KJ pag kakain sa labas. 

I will buy steak tom and try your style. Yum!

cry_mandy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 01:58:44 am »
@dragonfly sis how are you doing while on this diet? Wala ba syang downside since high fat?
the greatest gift of our lives is having someone who accepts us with so much love without a single doubt

~~~~PrOuD mOmMa~~~~

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 04:39:31 am »
^^sis, hindi ako nagcacalorie count pero naglolose pa rin ng kgs.  For me okay itong lifestyle na ito kasi may intolerance ako sa rice (sadness!) at sugar. As in nagmimigraine ako ng buong araw at inaatake ng sinusitis kapag kumain ng sweets and rice.  Etong Keto diet ang nakakatulong sa akin sa food intolerance-related headaches.

For snacks pala, eto mga pineprepare ko:
cucumber slices
cherry tomatoes
nuts (pero wag madami masyado)
cheese cubes ( mga 1-2 cubes lang per day)
pitted olives with pimiento

drag0nfly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 12:51:43 am »
@dragonfly sis how are you doing while on this diet? Wala ba syang downside since high fat?

Hi sis!  Naku sad to say eh hindi ko na-sustain ang diet na eto  :(  Ang hirap maging 100% compliant kasi lately wala akong time to prepare my meals, so ang ending eh kung anong niluto ng helper namin yun na din kinakain ko.  Tinuloy ko na lang yung cut out sugar and carbs muna.  Pero yung ulam mismo hindi all the time keto.

emceenglot

• GirlTalker
  • destined for supremacy
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 07:10:00 am »
great to chance upon this thread. my husband and I have been on this diet (with cheating at times) for some time now. We used this to lose weight for our wedding and eventually it turned into a lifestyle. It is highly sustainable in my opinion.

what I do is prepare one week's worth of food for baon so less chance to cheat. Also tried ordering once sa Ketogenics PH.
We have done everything that is to do...
Now we must leave everything to fate..
Destiny hinges on the side of a twenty sided die...
A single word escapes my lips... roll

chichi143

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »
parang medyo scared ako sa "keto flu". Rice and carbs make me bloat talaga. I'm in the process of fixing my diet
less carbs na and i just do 1 cup or rice a day. (half cup breakfast and half-cup lunch)

Soon, i will totally get rid of rice since di naman ako masyadong matinapay. Oh and i will miss pasta. :(
Yung nagkeketo diet do you also regularly exercise? If yes, anong klase ng exercise?

viDai09

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 07:50:34 am »
Yung workmate ko sabi nya nag keto diet daw sya. Di sya nag rice pero puro fats na ulam ang kinakain nya saka umiinom pa din sya ng alak. Ang laki ng pinayat nya.

lyrahs

• i'm addicted to YOO
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • someday my coffee prince will come :)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 04:18:19 pm »
My friend and her husband started Keto diet last year, ang laki ng pinayat nila. Na-inspire tuloy akong gawin. Basta no carbs daw ginawa nila. For them, naging lifestyle na sya. Nung nakuha na nila ang target weight nila, nagccarb na sila once in a while.

Nagstart na ako last week, no rice at bread. Puro ulam lang ginagawa ko. Cut down din ako sa sugars. Hopefully mabawasan ang timbang ko.
Life's a beach....Enjoy!!!

drag0nfly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 02:44:40 am »
^Sabayan kita sis.  Actually I tried ketogenicdietph meal delivery for a week kaso ang mahal, P2,400 for 5 days.  Triny ko lang to see pano ang portioning nila, plus the taste.  I think kaya ko naman gawin on my own and makakatipid pa.  So I tried a recipe from one of the keto blogs and ang sarap haha.  Casserole sya binake ko in a big dish, then pinortion ko for 5 days.  Steamed veggies on the side ang pinaka-"rice" ko.  Hindi ko pa nagagawa ulit and dati tinigilan ko kasi ayoko iasa sa ate namin sa bahay yung prep, plus tamad din ako to do it.  Pero ngayon mukhang kelangan nga talagang ako ang gumawa.

Nag-lose na ba sa 1 week mo so far?

moiselle.sarrate

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 03:01:23 pm »

UP for this thread for my fellow Keto sissies!

I am happy to read na may ganitong nasimulan na thread dito sa forum. I started keto diet to counter my PCOS naturally. Since meron akong glucose intolerance like our other sis here, na may rice intolerance naman. Too bad that all my favorites were bawal.

I was able to sustain the lifestyle for 5 months. lost 18kilos and got my regular period back without taking any hormonal pill. Every kilo inspires me to lose more. Yun nga lang.. mas malakas akong kumain pag summer kesa Christmas. Masarap kumain sa isla eh hehe. So I cheated and cheated, gained 5 kilos already so medyo naaalarm na ako. Gotta bring my body back to ketosis in time for my preparations for the wedding, and of course to keep myself healthy.

Keep sharing your experiences! Thanks!

-Mariposa-

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 06:30:43 pm »
I did Keto for 4 months.  It's the best diet!  I'm not on Keto anymore because i miss eating fruits.  But i don't eat anymore rice, bread and pasta.  Because of Keto i have weened myself of sugar & carbs.  I have a healthy diet now, more of vegetables, fruits & seafood.  I have also stopped drinking soda & juice.

moiselle.sarrate

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 10:49:37 am »
I did Keto for 4 months.  It's the best diet!  I'm not on Keto anymore because i miss eating fruits.  But i don't eat anymore rice, bread and pasta.  Because of Keto i have weened myself of sugar & carbs.  I have a healthy diet now, more of vegetables, fruits & seafood.  I have also stopped drinking soda & juice.

Thank you for sharing your experience, sis vanity fair! I agree that its the best and most healthy diet that works. Buti ka pa you were able to stop drinking soda.. waaaah that I cannot stop yet. I drink my dose of coke once a week as a reward. :)
-Mariposa-

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close