watch now

Author Topic: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)  (Read 21092 times)

ataypool

  • Guest
Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:56:31 pm »
I'm looking for an acid toner or treatment. Time to replace my Neutrogena, there's no more tingling when I apply it. Nasanay na yata. Neostrata was effective for me but I want to try something new. Biologique, Pixi, Alpha-H, First Aid Beauty are on my list but any more recommendations? I want something strong.

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:33:03 pm »
Do you used acids daily?

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 11:13:29 pm »
^Once daily for 3 weeks then rest for one week. Lesson learnt when my skin became very dry due to using Neostrata 2x daily non-stop. Sinunod ko lang instructions sa label that time.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 03:23:12 am »
when do u use BHA/AHA? what is it for?

i still have my neostrata glycolic lotion, but i notice mas ok sya if hindi ko madalas gamitin, like 2x-3x a week

i'm still contemplating about alpha-h liquid gold

ok ba sya for hormonal breakouts?

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 10:11:20 am »
Cosrx aha lang yung ginagamit ko ngayon medyo mabaho sya. Bibili ako ng bha baka mas maganda yung effect. Aha for whiteheads at bha for blackheads. Chemical exfoliants. Twice a week ko lang ginagamit yung aha.

Sis ataypool panoorin mo si gothamista yung biologique yung maganda daw.

taleebin

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »
Is there anyone here experienced pores getting bigger after using AHA/BHA? Then im getting tiny bumps. I dunno if i should continue or not.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 04:59:52 pm »
^Nice blog!

Ano mas okay, P50 or P50T? Will you consider using the phenol 1970 version?

I'm torn between Alpha-H and Biologique, which would you choose?

Thanks sis :) I'm good with either P50 and P50T. Mukhang mas matapong lang nang slight si P50, but both are good. Phenol version - nah, I don't think I'll ever try it. Hehe.

Which Alpha-H product are you considering? :)

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 10:49:19 pm »
^^^Yes Izzie napanood ko Gothamista, parang interested tuloy ako sa Clarins.

^^Taleebin, I do get bumps too for first time use ng any product pero one or two lang sa spots where I usually get them during my period and mabilis mawala. Baka allergy iyan?

^Roxyhart, Alpha-h Liquid Gold and Instant Facial sana; if I buy both, will be equal to the price of one P50 kaya hirap mag-decide kasi mas gusto ko talaga ang Biologique.

taleebin

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 12:18:51 am »
^ oo nga sis. Sa akin madami all over my face. I'll give it a week kung ganun padin stop ko na :(

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 08:00:34 am »
I bought the travel size of Biologique P50. 2 days ko pa lang gamit but nakikita ko na maganda combination niya with my other products. Mukhang matagal din siya maubos.

Hinihintay ko pa lang ang order ko ng Alpha-H Liquid Gold. Beautybay.com has a promo of buy 1 get one free. I also ordered a sample size of Paula's Choice 2% BHA, still waiting for it.

michipoo

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 10:40:42 am »
i bought 10% glycolic peel, how often should i use it?

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 11:44:54 am »
^^once a week at night para less irritation.

michipoo

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 01:54:29 pm »
^ Thanks sis :)

bloody_venus

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 07:00:43 pm »
i used 15% aha for PIH sana pero wala namang effect, been using it for 2-3 months yata tinigil ko kasi nainip ako sa results lol

pero gagamitin ko ulet siya after 2 months (nag mamaxi peel pa kasi ako ngayon) sayang din kasi dami pang laman

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 12:05:02 am »
Is there anyone here experienced pores getting bigger after using AHA/BHA? Then im getting tiny bumps. I dunno if i should continue or not.

Maybe it's purging? AHA is supposed to clear close comedones and BHA brings them to the surface so you could have a period of purging.

Previously glycolic acid and mandelic acid worked really well for my skin. I'm using Pixi glow now 2x a week and so far it's been good. I've had a whitehead/closed comedone for weeks now and it's finally turned into a pimple! I ordered cozRX BHA skin returning a-sol and the AHA whitehead liquid. Can't wait to try them out!

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »
I use the P50V and the COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid. :) Nagpurge ako sa chin dahil sa P50V pero ngayon, okay na. Once a week for two weeks, twice a week for two weeks, hanggang naging everyday na ang gamit ko. Naging smooth talaga 'yung skin ko.

My AHA used to be Sidmool's Dr. Troub Skin Returning Milk Peel, maganda rin naman for me. Milder than P50V. Next time, P50 na talaga ang gagamitin ko. :D

I want to switch from COSRX BHA to Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA once I finish my bottle.

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »
The more I've realised that I shouldn't have stopped my acid toners/treatments years ago.

Two weeks usage of P50 along with a once a week acid treatment (Immortal brand), my PIH of 20 years has lightened. Maganda combination niya with my Korean and Western skincare products. Sana maganda pa lalo effect pagdating ng Alpha-H Liquid Gold. I will try to alternate the P50 with the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA.

^Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA sample nasubukan ko last week, 2 pimples the next day, pero magaling na ngayon.

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 02:14:26 pm »
^sis, nag-purge ka lang?

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »
^Not sure kasi lumabas siya sa lugar na hindi ako nagkakapimples pero ang bilis gumaling.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:36:26 pm by ataypool »

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: Acids (AHA, BHA, PHA)
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 11:37:25 am »
How often ba pwedeng gamitin ang biologique if you are also using tretinoin? Pwede ba ito ilagay before tret?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close