watch now

Author Topic: Babies due on THIRD QUARTER OF 2016 (JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER) - Thread 2  (Read 52265 times)

crzysxycl

  • Guest
thanks sisses aylatskie and flippy :)

simang

  • Guest
Mga mommies, we (2nd qtr moms) have an fb group and dun na kami nagdidiscuss ngayon about our LOs. I believe all of us na active sa thread here gave birth na. It's a support group na din especially most of us are first time parents. :) I suggest you continue din, masaya din makipagkwentuhan once nakapanganak na :-) or maybe we can have a 2016 GT babies group. Haha :)

macheoc

  • Guest
Sis Crzy: yeah parang ganun na nga! Big fish na nagswiswimming hehe. Today I felt na parang gumaan pakiramdam ko so I think nagstastart na siya bumaba hopefully. Re: strep b, si ob din gagawa sa clinic nya on my next appt which is 36th wk

Sis simang: yeah good idea :) need ng support group talaga especially FTMs

crzysxycl

  • Guest
^Haha. Nakakatuwa no sis kahit minsan masakit at nakakagulat movements ni lo. Baka pagawa na rin sa akin ni OB strep b since mag 36 weeks na rin si baby on tuesday. thanks sis! tc! :)

Nice idea sis simang. :)

120515

  • Guest
agree with sis cryz, great idea, sis simang, to have a gt 2016 mommies group.

theEmpress

  • Guest
My birth story:

Hi guys, I gave birth last June 15 at makati med. Just a background, I'm high risk as I'm already 40 and this is my first pregnancy. Surprisingly, my pregnancy was not that difficult. I didn't have the nausea and the vomiting during the first trimester. Though I have SCH but was easily resolved. I just had one episode of colds and coughs and gastritis. No UTIs for the entire 9 months. And no drastic hormonal/emotional mood swings as well.

The 2nd trimester went on smoothly too. Enjoyed the baby's movements Ang growth and my own body's changes. I didn't gain a lot of weight and a lot of people say pregnancy suits me considering I'm having a boy. I'm a voracious reader and I have an entire shelf of pregnancy books that helped me track baby's development week by week. So basically I and the baby enjoyed this period together.

The only discomfort came on the 36th week as the baby grew heavier. But I still work and still drive. On my 37W/3D I went in for a checkup with the OB after going to the office in the morning. I drove myself in the hospital. She did preliminary checks then prepped me for IE, at which time my water bag ruptured.

So at 4pm I was admitted to the labor room, I was already 3cm dilated, 80% effaced, and in -1 station. That's when I was able to call my husband and sister. They placed the fetal monitor and had me on an IV to prevent infection from the bag breaking. They administered meds for contractions as well as I only have 12 hrs to deliver the baby. They allowed me water but no food. Funny thing is I was having serious contractions based on the monitor at a scale of 9 but I wasn't feeling anything. The entire staff was entertained as I was still smiling and having pictures taken. Not screaming like a mad person.

So I thought back while waiting for labor to progress. Good thing the bag broke while I was with my doctor. Good thing I packed all three hospital bags and used the same car I loaded them in. Good thing I came from the office cause I showered and had my hair done and had my makeup on. Teehee! And then I whispered a prayer, probably the hardest prayer I did in my entire life.

After a while I was already 6cm. That's when I really felt increased labor pains. I didn't scream but I did squirm in pain. My OB opted for epidural to reserve my strength into pushing, so we can avoid C-section. I said okay. Even the administration of the epidural was not difficult. My husband too was calm as can be, perhaps the birthing class did prepare us for everything.
 
Then I was 8cm and was whisked away to the delivery room. That's when I got scared. That's when I told myself this is it. But I do remember instructing my husband what angles to take pictures from, lol. 😂 So they prepped me, I heard someone order the shaving, nurses clamoring to put gears on me and my husband, another prepping the baby warmer, a resident standing beside me to help me push, everyone hurrying about when I was the only one delivering at the time. Then my OB said we need to practice the pushing. Of course I didn't do well the first time, confused and all. So we waited for another contraction and repeated the process. I did better but OB said I need to push harder and sustain it. So came my third try. Pushed hard as I can though I can't feel anything waist down, then I heard my OB shout "BABY OUT"!

I didn't notice them stitching me. Didn't notice delivering the placenta. Didn't notice the bleeding and the fatigue and the pain. My eyes were fixed in that little miracle that will change my life forever.

To all mommies who delivered, and those who are still waiting, all my love to you as you share part of yourself here. And all my prayers for a safe, health, and life changing delivery!

Thankyou all.

120515

  • Guest
wow! great birth story, sis empress! congratulations to you and your husband! 😁

crzysxycl

  • Guest
^^Congratulations sis theempress! :)

cheniwin

  • Guest
Congrats sis theEmpress, that was inspiring!

FliPPy_LaDdY

  • Guest
Congrats sis empress!!!

aylatskie

  • Guest
Congrats sis empress.! Great labor and birth story of yours. Inspiring as well. Godbless.

Jeannybaby

  • Guest
Hello girls! I gave birth na rin!!! Medyo napaaga :) 

Had my check up nung tuesday. My OB saw the results of my non-stress test, i was having strong contractions already. Due to a previous surgery, i can't be having strong contractions because i'll be at risk for uterine rupture. She checked my baby's weight and determined that at term na siya, and decided to admit me that night din!

Grabe buti nalang nakapagpack na ako ng hospital bag. I definitely wasn't prepared yet!

So the next morning, she scheduled a Csection. Sobrang kinabahan ako sa start ng procedure, wala naman pain, but uncomfortable lang yung spinal anesthesia kasi parang may mabigat sa chest, pero i just tried to breathe through it! Tapos weird nung feeling ng nilalabas na sila si baby. Pero when she came out, i experienced noticeable relief!!! 

After stitches were done, i was wheeled to the recovery room na. The effect of my spinal anesthesia was nausea, nag throw up ako the whole night pero the next morning gone na sya ☺️ The pain killers really help, very tolerable naman yung pain and i'm able to walk around na and carry my baby girl easily just 2 days after csection. Super kakainlove magkaron ng baby! And tanggal na agad yung mabigat na feeling, yung pagod, yung breathlessness of third trimester, pag nakalabas na si baby!

Re: postpartum bleeding, I used an adult diaper at first because i don't know kung gaano kadami, pero since konti lang naexperience ko na bleeding pa, enough na sa akin yung disposable undies and maternity pads.

Good luck sisses! Game ako sa FB sa we can still update each other! ☺️

120515

  • Guest
congratulations, sis jeannybaby! great birth story! glad to know you and your baby are fine and that you are coping very well after your c-section :)

aylatskie

  • Guest
Congrats sis Jeanny great news that you've given birth already.
Question sissies. When can we wear binder or abdominal girdle both for CS and Normal delivery? Para aware na ako. Heheehe

crzysxycl

  • Guest
Congrats sis Jeannybaby!!! :)

Sunod sunod na birthing stories, kakatuwa naman. :)

Sis aylatskie, nabasa ko pag CS after surgery pwede na raw mag binder. Pag normal ganun din ata. Sama ko ito sa tatanong ko kay OB tomorrow.

Adrienne28

  • Guest
Thank you mga mommies sa reply nyo. Either dito sa GT or FB ituloy, okay din sakin. :)

Re discomfort below right breast, I think di heartburn yung sakin, but parang sore muscle kasi andun lagi yung paa ni baby. Nabasa ko na mag-subside daw by the 36th week kapag nag-start na bumaba si baby.

Congrats sis TheEmpress and Jeannybaby! Nakakatuwa magbasa ng birthing stories. Sis TheEmpress, FTM din ako at 42, at expecting a baby boy din. At first, CS sabi ng OB but on my 27th week checkup, baka daw pwede kami mag-normal. Kaso parang naka-set na kasi yung mind ko sa CS pero na-inspire naman ako sa kwento mo kya gusto ko subukan pa din mag-normal. :)

theEmpress

  • Guest
^^sis Adrienne, try normal first, if in distress tsaka ka na mag CS. Ganyan gameplan namin ni OB. I think what helped me is administering epidural early. It kept me from straining too much during  labor. Thus, more strength for pushing. Normal delivery is easier both for you and the baby, creates more bonding opportunities, and of course way cheaper. ❤️ God bless sis, keep us posted.

For those who enjoyed my birth story, much thanks!

120515

  • Guest
hi sissies, i'll be travelling to makati next week for business trip. i had to call my doctor to get a medical certificate and she advised me that the philippines is high risk for the zika virus. have any of your doctors mention zika to you and whether there have already been cases of microcephaly in the philippines? i have not heard any news and the people i know who have given birth, gave birth to perfectly healthy babies.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
^hi 120515, according to recent articles, there is no outbreak of zika in Ph but just be extra precautious with mosquito bites. Same vector as the dengue causing mosquitos so avoid going out two hours before sunrise & two hours before sunset or might as well avoid getting bitten at all to be safer. Try searching pregnancy safe misquito repellants too. :)

When my maternal & child nurse visited me at home, she reminded me of the BCG vaccine instead that our baby might need coz i mentioned to her that we will visit manila in January. It's not given here kasi.

120515

  • Guest
^ thanks sis belle! i will be staying in the middle of makati cbd but i'll make sure to buy mosquito repellent with 10% deet or picaridin, which is considered safe for pregnant women. plus i'll wear blazers, long sleeves, and stockings/leggings to work.

i hope it will never breakout in the philippines the way it did in south america. i feel sorry for those babies with microcephaly.

how are you and your baby? :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close