Author Topic: US Visa thread 13  (Read 45465 times)

honeyz4028

Re: US Visa thread 13
« Reply #420 on: July 04, 2019, 11:13:46 am »
Hello mga sis!

My husband and I have US visas (his got renewed last week lang thru dropbox) and I will be  applying for a US visa para sa 7yo daughter ko.

Aside from our passports with US visas, anything else that I need to consider bringing  during the interview? Do the consuls ask the kids din?

Thanks po sa makakasagot!
(http://lb1f.lilypie.com/exMZp8.png)

the_dreamer

• GirlTalker
  • Once you choose hope anything is possible...
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2019, 09:12:27 am »
Hello, everyone! I was denied in 2011 and I wanted to try again. Need ko ba ilagay sa application form na na-deny na ko before? And if I answered NO dati sa question if I have relatives in the US, pwede ko ba sabihin now na meron ako relatives kahit distant relatives naman?

Thanks!
Dreams do come true... :) :) :)

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2019, 10:15:49 am »
Just be honest with responding to questions. Your situation now may be different than before so even if you were denied you might be considered this time. On relatives, who doesn't have relatives in US :) Yes, mention they're distant relatives. Good luck!

mei-mei

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2019, 09:47:36 am »
Hello, everyone! I was denied in 2011 and I wanted to try again. Need ko ba ilagay sa application form na na-deny na ko before? And if I answered NO dati sa question if I have relatives in the US, pwede ko ba sabihin now na meron ako relatives kahit distant relatives naman?

Thanks!

Yes, need to be honest you were denied before.

On relatives, they would not take it against you if you forgot who your relatives in the US are, if you do not really talk to them. My husband wrote down my aunt (his aunt-in-law), whom we would be staying with for that trip, but forgot to write down his first degree cousin. No issue with the officer and he was still granted a 10-year ME visa.

the_dreamer

• GirlTalker
  • Once you choose hope anything is possible...
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2019, 10:58:02 am »
Thank you, sisses! 😊
Sana God?s will na ma-approve na visa ko pag nag-apply ulit ako 😊 I know kahit ilan beses  na ko nagtravel outside PH pahirapan pa din to lalo na I?m still single... Hayyy...
Dreams do come true... :) :) :)

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2019, 12:51:58 pm »
^Good luck, sis! Just set a vibe that your sole purpose is tour/explore and you have no plans of overstaying.

J.warner

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #426 on: September 10, 2019, 06:05:16 am »
My US visa (business) was approved last year. Pero yung kasabayan ko na coworker (were supposed to travel together) hindi naapprove.
Blonde American girl yung interviewer ko ang ganda pero mataray haha. I guess theyre trained to be that way.

Be confident (I know easier said than done). I guess it helps that Ive been to other countries before like UK and HK. Pero yung nauna sakin sa pila never pa sya nagtravel outside the country, naapprove naman. He sounded very confident & relax. If I remember correctly hes also applying for business visa. Since this is company sponsored, I wonder why my coworker was denied? Knowing her na medyo utal minsan- that could be the reason baka kinabahan ng bongga.

mei-mei

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #427 on: September 10, 2019, 09:24:32 am »
It also helps to dress professionally. You don't have to come in power suit if you're not used to wearing it, but at least dress in business shirt and slacks/skirt, and decent closed shoes. It shows respect to the consul. Imagine you're going for a business lunch meeting, how would you dress? That's also what they expect from you. And as the previous sis said, you have to be confident. Wag naman yung naka-business attire ka nga pero kitang-kita naman ng consul na very uncomfortable ka sa suot mo na obvious na pinilit mo lang suotin for that interview. Mas negative points. I also saw some coming in linen long sleeves na well-ironed, plain jeans, and ballet flats. Though casual, they looked so confident in their smart casual attire so they still look professional.

Tickeled-Pink

• Im AWESOME and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #428 on: November 14, 2019, 12:34:33 am »
I wore jeans a white Polo shirt and sneakers. Business visa, 10 year approved.
Just be honest and know what youre talking about. I Even asked the consul if there was a way to get My passport back earlier, kase na Miss ko na yung first few days ng Business meetings ko, bibigyan ka naman ng option.

What irks me are the vendors outside the Embassy! Grabe, upuan may bayad, pag gamit ng payong nila may bayad. Kaya, wag na wag kayo mag titiwala sa mga vendors sa labas!!!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close