Author Topic: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering  (Read 4218 times)

glacy_rein

  • Guest
WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:24:53 am »
Dear GTers,

This is the complete story.

She (the Chef - Roxanne "Peachy" Alberto) cancelled our contract yesterday March 2, 2016 15days before my wedding day. She demanded a meeting between my coordinator/stylist/mobile bar (but mobile bar was least of my problem and because I am confident with them so I did not ask them to come. In the end the meeting was between 3 suppliers.) We know how busy the wedding industry is and doing this is rare but we still did.. after few hours of meeting, she excused herself to smoke and when she got back she dropped the bomb.

I couldn't believe what was happening. I asked her again trying to make fun of the joke that she said but she said it again and I froze, did not hear anything else and my mind was working already on where will I get replacement. My husband did not come to the meeting because he hates meetings and besides its just clarifications but he regrets not coming because he wasn't there to confront this woman.

When she left everyone was mad, I did not shout nor made a scene but after she left I started crying. All were calming me down and right after we called every possible caterer and post this as warning to everyone.


This is my husband's warning letter.

Dear all,
We have just suffered the worst, disgusting most incompetent Catering company in the Philippines, The Peach Kiitchen!!!!!!!!

For the sake of all your special days please do not go anywhere near this company The Peach Kiitchen.
At first all things seemed to go quite well as we had food tasting with Chef Roxanne, agreed a menu and paid our deposit of 100k! We had noticed Chef Roxanne' strange tendencies but couldn't imagine she was absolutely crazy!!

Chef Roxanne attended a meeting with my Wedding Co-ordinator and florist (which she demanded) two weeks before our wedding, having already visited the venue and agreed a price to turn around and cancel the contract. TWO WEEKS before.

Obviously cancellations are not totally unusual, but the reasons given truly are. Reasons given for the cancellation among others were her tuition and witches!!! I wonder what crack she is smoking. She proceeded to walk out of the meeting leaving me with no caterer two weeks before my big day with not a care in the world.

She would not return phone calls after that and simply left her assistants to deal with all the issues post this
meeting and her crazy thoughts.

I implore you for any event you are planning from a kids party to a wedding stay well clear of THE PEACH KIITCHEN.

Please share with your friends and family and ensure you do not approach The Peach Kiitchen for any catering for any occasion.

- Ashley

she texted today (March 3) saying..

I completely understand if you want to burn me down or tie me between 2 trucks to get pulled to pcs. I so know how you must feel. I did it because circumstancially, the meeting was leading to faux pas I wouldn't have control over. I sent you a letter via courier to explain. But for now please know that I had to make that tough decision because I WANT U 2 to have the best wedding. And my heart broke when I learned about certain arrangements.

I won't be able to take the disappointment in not making your Big Day the best 1 ever simply because of non coordinated assignments. Been doing this too long not to know what to anticipate. Asking for your forgiveness. :( Again, Im truly saddened and im very sorry. ;(


Looks like she has problems dealing with other suppliers. I don't know and my husband is dealing with her.

mitch2526

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:53:43 am »
aww sis :(

anyway wag mo muna sila ika-stress to, malapit na wedding mo. I hope Bizu satisfies you sa FT nyo sa tuesday! Super sayang na K by C didn't meet your standards and by considering Bizu as your caterer kahit super mahal I'm sure you only want to please your guests and have the best wedding celebration with your loved ones.

After wedding tsaka niyo na pag isipan anong pwedeng actions pwede towards Peach Kitchen, lalo na breach of contract tsaka damages they cost you.

God bless sis we're rooting for you...

pinklilac

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:06:16 pm »
Tama sis focus muna kayo sa paghahanap ng new  supplier mo para maganda  pa rin ang aura mo on your wedding
Good luck

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 01:15:22 pm »
read your story sa waw. sorry natawa ko sa bad vibes thingy na sinabi nya sa inyo. ewan ko sa palusot nya. oo bad vibes talaga sya. cheer up sis! kung bizu mapili nyo kahit mahal ok lang kasi alam nyo na di kayo bibiguin. after the wedding pag isipan nyo kung ano pwede nyo gawin sa kanya. pwede nyo sya kasuhan since may contract kayo na pinirmahan

nikkipedia

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 03:07:06 pm »
^glacy_rein I'm so sorry to hear your story sis! Tama ang mga girls, cheer up! Makakahanap ka ng kapalit na way better than that catering co. Focus on your wedding preps and wag pa-stress. Tiwala lang sa Kanya. :)

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 03:18:03 pm »
@mitch2526

Yes sayang si K by C.. was planning na tandem sila with Bizu on desserts sana like other sisses na ginagawa yun kaso hindi talaga pasok.. Everyone wants the best for their wedding so I think it is a very good choice.

@pinklilac

thank you sissy! won't let it affect me. :)

@shygirlme

ako din sis I was laughing at it nung sinasabe nya pero totoo pala. nakaka-sad lang kase if may problema na pala sya sana sinabe agad diba. nakakaloka lang na gamitin pa nya yung ganung words/description.

@nikkipedia

Yes. He definitely gave me time pa to find the best one!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 06:23:29 pm »
glacy_rein: is the your caterer? https://www.facebook.com/thepeachkitchen/

Wow! I find this so so unfair!!! Come to think of it, suppliers are always protected when we hire them because the contract always usually states that the deposit will be forfeited in case of cancellation.

But on the client's side, I mean your supplier bails on you with two weeks to go and you get compensated for nothing! I mean the stress alone with this happening is already a big issue. But sayang the lost time and opportunity to be able to book and haggle with other caterers. I can imagine that is would be very difficult to haggle and even do final food tasting etc. etc. when you need to replace you caterer with only two weeks to go!!

Hugs to you glacy_rein!! May karma take care of unprofessional suppliers like your previous caterer!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:26:57 pm by Chili1113 »

ayouweinlove

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 07:08:23 pm »
^ nabasa ko din ito sa kabila, grabe talaga ang pagka-unprofessional niya. instead na focus na kayo ni h2b mo sa mga maliliit na details eh inaasikaso nyo pa ngayon ang caterer. usually nauunang ibook ang major suppliers like venue, caterer at p/v but in your case baliktad. Isipin mo nalang sis hindi talaga sila meant to be sa inyo at mas magandang caterer pa ang mai-book nyo if ever. Hope it all goes well sa FT mo sis. Godbless.

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 08:49:14 pm »
@Chili1113

Yes sis sila nga yan. We really loved their food even my mom who is picky and my husband being a foreigner so it really saddens me that we had to go through all this. And yes no one has stated that in the event that they cancel blah blah in any contract. I think everyone should ask this especially when its not really a "known/famous" supplier.

Lesson learned.

I was even defending or proud of them whenever people asks me and do not know them then this will happen. And what I hate most is that all along she already has the hesitations and just "confirming" it by demanding for a group meeting.

Thanks sis. May karma get on her.

@ayouwheninlove

Yes yun na nga. Better plans diba. My husband actually jokes around that I was really planning on it. Haha.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 12:51:41 am »
OMG. I'm so sorry to hear this sis. I hope you get a replacement soon. Deal with that unprofessional supplier after the wedding so you won't get stressed further. Demand payment for the breach and damage caused. Take legal action if you must.

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 01:21:12 am »
First read your story at w@w. Hopefully you'd get your caterer si glacy_rein. Focus on finding a new caterer and take some actions after your wedding.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 10:05:18 am »
@glacyrein - she has a review section in her FB page. You can give your honest review there.  Of course you can do it after your wedding. Para leas stress na sa iyo. That way, it would serve as a warning to other prospective clients. Good luck sa wedding

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 11:27:09 am »
@Caleeice & pinaydiaspora

Everyone is saying to me that na nga sis. Can't help it because it caused trouble talaga, We'll see after the food tasting on Tuesday. Hoping that all will go well.

@missus O

oo nga sis eh. My husband will take care of that. Furious talaga lahat.

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 12:04:33 pm »
Hi sis. I know that this is the least of your concerns right now. But after the wedding, I suggest you sue her. Even if it is not expressly stated in the contract, there are provisions in our laws that protect against this. Just so she won't get away with doing this and would think really hard before doing anything like that again.

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 09:26:08 am »
^even if naibalik ang DP sis considered as breach of contract?

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 11:17:49 am »
Yes, sis. You can also ask for damages, i.e., moral damages for the mental anguish, sleepless nights and emotional distress caused by her last minute cancellation, exemplary damages to serve as an example for future suppliers not to do the same in the future, atty's fees for your legal expenses. Pero sis, try not to think about this now just to lessen the stress and for you to enjoy your big day. I hope you've already found a replacement sis!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 01:32:29 pm »
^perhaps it would be best to consult a lawyer. But the sad truth here in the Philippines is that if you sue someone sometimes you are bound to lose even more money because you need to pay legal fees and lawyers. =( =( Even if you win the case, sometimes what gets awarded to you is even less that what you spent for in legal fees.

Or perhaps you can write a bad review about her or use social media to your advantage to warn others.

It really bothers me that these suppliers are free to back out any time without any consequences whereas client's deposits get forfeited in case of a cancellation!

But I agree, now is not the time to think about it. Just concentrate on enjoying your big day! =)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 02:01:40 pm »
^ Napapaisip ako regarding this issue, pwede kaya na pag nagssign tayo ng contract with them e may ipapasign din tayo in return na contract sa kanila to protect ourselves naman?

altheabride

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 02:35:16 pm »
Saw your rant sa Waw, grabe namang trouble at problems ginawa nyang caterer na yan, to think 2 weeks na lang, sila pa naman isa sa pinakamahalagang part sa wedding nyo. Masyado lang sigurong maarte sa co-supplier yang girl chef. di makatarungan ginawa nya sa inyo. Sana pwede mademanda pero kasi hassle pa sa part mo since malapit na wedding nyo. Enjoy nyo na lang wedding preps nyo, di sila kawalan.

stylus

  • Guest
Re: WARNING: The Peach Kiitchen Catering
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 04:57:30 pm »
^ Napapaisip ako regarding this issue, pwede kaya na pag nagssign tayo ng contract with them e may ipapasign din tayo in return na contract sa kanila to protect ourselves naman?

Naisip ko din yan sis. Lalo sa portion na pwede sila magcancel due to calamities. Act of God etc. Nakakaparanoid na pano kung konting ulan lang magbackout dahil sa act of god clause!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close