watch now

Author Topic: Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)  (Read 2277 times)

eeyore91833

  • Guest
Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:34:07 am »
Sharing some post delivery info that I wish I knew beforehand to prepare myself emotionally, mentally, etc:
1. Breastfeeding is every 2-3 hours or on demand. This means you won't be able to get sleep soundly for straight hours. After every feeding you also need to get the baby to burp.
2. I did not think of getting a breast pump in advance because I was thinking that I will be home on ML anyway to feed directly. However, your nipples can get sore and wounded so they need a break. A  breast pump will help give your nipples time to heal. Plus, you will be able to get some sleep if you have milk stored. Your yaya can do the feeding through bottle during daytime while you catch up on sleep.
3. To those who have a wound from CS delivery.. It is difficult to feed and carry the baby even while seated. In my case, there are times that the weight of the baby presses on my wound or my wound is naiipit. I wonder now if I should have bought a nursing pillow and if it would help  in proper positioning.
4. The baby likes to be wrapped or swaddled since it gives her the feeling of how it was in the womb. Buy as much blankets/swaddles to help her sleep soundly and for a longer period.
5. Having support is very important. From the husband to your mom and the helper. You will need as much assistance to help you get through the newborn stage and recovery from your CS operation. Eg. Keeping yourself hydrated, moving around the house, diaper changing, bathing, getting things from the grocery or mall that you haven't purchased etc.
6. Having some nursing tops definitely helps. Buy a couple.
7. My car seat is still in transit from the US. I had to travel from qc to bgc unexpectedly due to an emergency and got admitted to NICU. I wish I had the car seat already to ensure safe transport. Good thing I had the cleva mama foam from mothercare which I used in the car to put baby in. Still not safe.
8. There's such a thing as "baby blues". You may feel emotional at this stage. Google it.

9. There is a sterilizer that has a drying capability narin so you don't need to dry separately after sterilizing. I discovered this from one of the nurses at the hospital. She said the brand is Imarflex. Wish I had that one. 

NOTE: These are just my personal insights from my personal experience. I am just sharing but it may differ for each mom.

Despite all these, just looking at the little one makes the pain go away

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:09:27 am by eeyore91833 »

Which is Witch?

  • Guest
Re: Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »
^Thanks for sharing sis! Very helpful to lalo na sa mga first time moms like me :D Thanks again! :D

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 09:33:02 am »
nice! very informative! thanks for the tips sis! first time mom din ako :)

Mommychinita18

  • Guest
Re: Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 02:31:15 pm »
Thank you sis for sharing! I was thinking twice if I will buy a breast pump but after reading your post, I have decided to buy one na. :)

aylatskie

  • Guest
Re: Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 02:53:20 pm »
Thanks  so much for this tips sis. Now I know what are the must things to consider when buying. 

eeyore91833

  • Guest
Re: Post Delivery (Info for moms to be)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 04:22:49 pm »
You're welcome sisses. She's 1 month old na. Ang bilis!
I discovered that there are slow feeding bottles being sold. Kasi I noticed my baby drinks milk so fast then not satisfied parin so I googled if there's such a thing and there is nga. There are several brands but I tried the breastflow first years brand. It's sold in landmark trinoma. Designed to imitate the breast so that the baby puts more effort into sucking similar to how the breast is etc... Although I still use my NUK bottles kasi yung design rin nya Is for anti colic.

For those who have some info to share please do also as I am a new mom too.

Thanks!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close