Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16  (Read 104628 times)

Nokie

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2016, 02:36:32 pm »
@exquisitegem, it was traditional. CJ personally did my friend's (the bride) make-up and I liked the output :) It was the Senior team's make-up that I didn't like.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #361 on: October 04, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »
^oh!! Thanks for the feedback, nokie!! CJ is booked on my date, so she recommended her team. But I haven't heard much about them. Will keep looking then.

Any feedback on Soleil Capulong? Her rate is a bit more than CJ's team, but she's available on my date, and her portfolio looks good..

I'm finding it so hard to look for a makeup artist who can do older women, because all their portfolios show young brides or entourage members! Plus it's hard to judge how cakey looking their makeup is, if it's only based on photos...

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #362 on: October 04, 2016, 02:55:57 pm »
I'll be getting Soleil Capulong, she's really good. We have 2 friends in common din kasi, one of them got married and she did the make up. Pero I didn't ask for a discount na. Medyo mabilis lang sya magtaas ng rates. Well, quality of work naman kasi is amazing. So sulit naman. Iba ang magic nya.  :)

She has Youtube tutorials na, you might want to check it out. 3 videos na and they are amazing.  :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #363 on: October 04, 2016, 02:59:01 pm »
^Kung traditional lang naman, why not opt for the salon make up artists? I know someone from Jessi Mendez salon, she did my mom's make up before na nag ninang siya and maganda naman gawa nya (my mom's 50+)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »
^actually a few of my aunts are going to jessi mendez to have their makeup done, haha.  But there are still 7pax who want their makeup done. They're all from Vancouver, and will be staying at my sister's house. So it would be easier to have a makeup artist come to the house, rather than try to transport all 7 to a salon (plus the house is 2min away from my church!).

@Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore: thank you for the feedback!! Her portfolio looks impressive. It's nice to get feedback from someone who's had personal experience with her!  I think i'll book her already. For some reason, there seem to be SO many weddings on my wedding date!  I've asked several makeup artists, and they're all booked already! 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:10:25 pm by stella021817 »

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #365 on: October 04, 2016, 03:27:58 pm »
^oh!! Thanks for the feedback, nokie!! CJ is booked on my date, so she recommended her team. But I haven't heard much about them. Will keep looking then.

Any feedback on Soleil Capulong? Her rate is a bit more than CJ's team, but she's available on my date, and her portfolio looks good..

I'm finding it so hard to look for a makeup artist who can do older women, because all their portfolios show young brides or entourage members! Plus it's hard to judge how cakey looking their makeup is, if it's only based on photos...

Sis, can we see Mickey's makeup on you?  :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2016, 03:44:20 pm »
@stella021817 naghhome service ang Jessi :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »
@Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore: I don't have the photos from my photographer yet. I wasn't able to take any selfies because it was such a hectic day, haha. But the make-up was nice and lasted until I went home at 1am that night! I'll try to share when I get the photos :)

@meixin: oh i didn't know that! i'll check :) thank you!

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2016, 04:02:34 pm »
@Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore: I don't have the photos from my photographer yet. I wasn't able to take any selfies because it was such a hectic day, haha. But the make-up was nice and lasted until I went home at 1am that night! I'll try to share when I get the photos :)

@meixin: oh i didn't know that! i'll check :) thank you!

Ok. Thanks! :)

Alpha girl

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2016, 02:44:24 pm »
hello future brides! I also got soleil as my makeup artist and I'm very satisfied with her work. she's very professional and very punctual. yun nga lang mabilis talaga Magtaas ng rates. Check her fb page for actual before and after. you can also check the works of Jaja Durano mas affordable and OK din.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2016, 06:47:00 pm »
hello future brides! I also got soleil as my makeup artist and I'm very satisfied with her work. she's very professional and very punctual. yun nga lang mabilis talaga Magtaas ng rates. Check her fb page for actual before and after. you can also check the works of Jaja Durano mas affordable and OK din.

Glad to hear that Sis, can we see her makeup on you?

MissPotatoChip

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #371 on: October 06, 2016, 09:38:32 am »
hi future brides! :) normally, ano price range ng make-up artist and inclusions?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #372 on: October 06, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
Malaki ba talaga difference sa photos ng airbrush?

With my MUA, it's an additional 7k kasi to to airbrush. Di ko alam if I should do it or not eh isa lang ang trial so I can't compare.




littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #373 on: October 06, 2016, 01:59:05 pm »
^ Personally I would recommend going for airbrush since you're having a beach wedding, right? When it comes to lighting conditions kasi, I find that broad daylight is the harshest, so you want your makeup to look as natural as possible.

Indoors I would say a good makeup artist can make traditional makeup look just as good as airbrush, pero since you will be outside a lot, I think baka ma-magnify yung difference.

I did have one horrible experience with airbrush kasi the HMUA set it with MAC studio fix (>:(), so parang wala din. So in the end it's the skill din talaga.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:05:43 pm by littlemissbiatch »

ANJFinally

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #374 on: October 06, 2016, 02:22:19 pm »
hi future brides! :) normally, ano price range ng make-up artist and inclusions?


Hi sis! Usually it will depend kung yung HMUA is well-known na sa industry. Type/Brand of MU na ginagamit nya, then inclusions. Merong mga HMUA na traditional lang but if kilala na sa industry syempre mas higher ang rate compared sa mga newbies. Yung tinatawag naman na Airbrush is costly than the traditional.

For you to have an Idea sis, example our package is 12K for Bride+Groom+2 Heads All Traditional, but since I booked them during promo, I got free Airbrush upgrade and unlimited retouch and 2nd look for Bride only. :)

You can check pala sis yung blog ko sa may signature part, I listed several HMUAs with their rates so you can check. :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2016, 02:31:36 pm »
I see. Our wedding is in the Church but beach reception.

My skin is very clear (thank you SK-II) so I don't think I will need layers and layers of make up to hide blemishes.

Concerns ko lang talaga is:
1. Longevity - Make up does not normally stay on my face especially lipstick.
2. How it looks on video.

I think for my trial, I will ask her to do airbrush. If I don't like it, I will change na lang to traditional. I will do test shots na lang with an SLR and flash to see kung maganda.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2016, 02:35:38 pm »
I did have one horrible experience with airbrush kasi the HMUA set it with MAC studio fix (>:(), so parang wala din. So in the end it's the skill din talaga.
Noob question.. Ano masama sa MAC studio fix?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2016, 02:58:04 pm »
^ Maybe it's not meant to set airbrushed make up?

I wonder did anyone ever consider doing their own make up?

I did... kasi I'm a control freak and I get really anxious when someone else does my face. Pero my cousin convinced me to get a professional kasi halata daw if P/V is high definition.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #378 on: October 06, 2016, 03:18:43 pm »
^^ MAC Studio Fix kasi is a powder foundation, not a setting powder. It has a very heavy finish (pero flawless, to be fair). One of the main benefits of airbrush is the finish, and how it looks a lot like real skin, pero if you cover it up with another foundation, shempre yun na yung makikita diba. So sana di na lang ako nagbayad ng extra for the airbrush if tatakpan lang din pala ng trad makeup.

And personally I don't really like MAC Studio Fix kasi while flawless upon application, it tends to oxidize more than any other powder. At the end of the day one of my friends was orange na :/

@LilaFowler I did my own makeup sa prenup. I don't regret it naman pero for the wedding I'm having it professionally done kasi sa tight shots kita talaga all the details, like if may hindi nablend ng maayos it will really show. And it's one less thing to worry about. Parang one potential source of stress din kasi siya. Although si Kate Middleton naman kinaya nya! Haha

vanityqueen07

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2016, 04:02:32 pm »
Hi sis! I booked Steph of CJ Jimenez's makeup team. I already did my trial make up and i love it! let me know if you want to see a sample photo  :)

I liked it very much. Medjo pricey lang sila at 25k
^oh!! Thanks for the feedback, nokie!! CJ is booked on my date, so she recommended her team. But I haven't heard much about them. Will keep looking then.

Any feedback on Soleil Capulong? Her rate is a bit more than CJ's team, but she's available on my date, and her portfolio looks good..

I'm finding it so hard to look for a makeup artist who can do older women, because all their portfolios show young brides or entourage members! Plus it's hard to judge how cakey looking their makeup is, if it's only based on photos...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close