Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16  (Read 104540 times)

Babykiss

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2016, 09:18:55 am »
My highly-recommended Makeup Artists are:
Cherry Pacheco (My Cousin)
Chinky Tanjanco (love this gal!)
Effie Go (My wedding MUA)

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2016, 02:24:01 pm »
Cherry Pacheco is very good but not that nice.

I was supposed to book her for my wedding, I asked her if she can pencil me  then I will make the deposit at the end of the month. Sabi niya she doesn't do pencil booking and told me that anyway maaga pa naman kasal ko. So okay fine. Medyo makulit din ako na bride kasi I didn't inquire on a lot of MUAs pa that time since she was my first choice so I had a lot of questions so baka nakulitan IDK...

Anyway, when I was about to book her and asked for her details sabi niya she's no longer available on my date. Sabi ko huh? E sabi mo maaga pa naman so no need to rush...Tapos humirit pa siya sa akin na the bride inquired yesterday lang daw tapos already made a deposit today. E buti na lang kakilala ko si other bride (friend of a friend), e hindi pa naman daw sya nag babayad (sa end pa daw ng week) so why would Cherry state na nag bayad na? For me that was not very nice of her, parang dating sa akin 'in your face - etong bride nag inquire pa lang nagbayad na kaagad - ikaw ang kulit kulit mo'.

Anyway, she's very popular w/ the Chinese crowd so she doesn't really care. I'm just one potential client...I told my MIL about this nga before and she got mad, kakausapin daw niya but I told her not to bother na, e naunahan naman talaga ako. Fault ko rin naman that I didn't deposit kaagad.

I was a fan of her work before but after that interaction w/ her I unfollowed her na.

I even showed some of my friends our message thread and they think how she responded to me was very rude (e kala ko ako lang naka feel).

To add lang...I even showed it to one of my supplier friends and nag apologize pa sya on behalf of Cherry. Sabi niya intindihin ko na lang din daw kasi sobrang busy siya...pero still...

But who knows, baka hindi lang niya ako feel to begin with or baka ang pangit at chaka ko compared to the other bride hehe :P mag kakaalaman on the day of the wedding hehe kidding :))


Que sera sera... not meant to be lang

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:12:51 pm by princessshayera »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »
^Nakakalungkot naman yan.. pero I guess may ganun talaga na incidents kahit sa ibang HMUA na recommended dito.. meron din ako kasi experience with a HMUA na nagsched ako ng trial pero sinabi ko na din sa kanya yung date ng wedding ko and open pa naman daw siya. tapos parang day before nung trial sinabi nalang niya na booked na siya for my wedding date. so parang nawalan ng sense yung trial ko.. anyways try mo nalang to check out Chinky Tanjanco or Dior Co din baka magustuhan mo din style nila :)

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2016, 03:50:00 pm »
Hi sis meixin!

Yup, pero I got over it na and got another hmua already :)

I just need to share lang because I've been keeping this to myself all bottled up. Wala naman murahan or away sa messages but you can sense na irritated siya with her replies. Tapos sad na nga ako na hindi kita na book, nag 'in your face' ka pa sa akin. Edi super sad na ako huhu. E one time , I saw Cherry Pacheco in a restaurant parang na bad vibes ako dahil I remembered that incident hehe.

I'm not sharing this para manira or anything, and I still think she's very talented that's why she was my first choice. However, I still think that all suppliers should be more courteous, patient and nice w/ all B2Bs. Sympre, minsan lang tayo ikakasal and we're so tedious on choosing and booking the right suppliers for us. Madami tayong questions so there are times na we can be a bit makulit. So sana they can extend this service hindi lang yung puro talent binibili natin (and with the amount they are charging din diba?). That's why I love Max Tiu, super nice and maasikaso.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:57:23 pm by princessshayera »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:06 pm »
^I agree lalo na yung kay Max part, talagang di ka mag-sisisi sa kanya :D

dsexy

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2016, 01:00:29 am »
I'm torn between Nini Marquez and Glow by Gerly sa Entourage ko, almost the same din price nila 😉

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2016, 06:39:40 am »
^go for Nini Marquez sis :D

cc1818

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:11 am »
Hi mga sis, I'm planning to get Tippy Destacamento as HMUA. Seems like matunog siya dito back in 2013/2014 pero walang recent reviews. Medyo mura ang rate niya compared sa mga matunog na HMUA ngayon. Anyone who had an experience with Tippy? :) TIA :)

BBB21

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2016, 09:47:22 am »
Hi b2bs! Any recent reviews on Kzee?  :)

febbie07

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:09 pm »
Booked Chinky Tanjangco na for my wedding yey! so happy. she's super nice kausap (of course, on top of the fact that i love her works). great thing she's also had experiences na working with my coord and photovideo and ok ang working relationships nilang lahat. can't wait sa prenup day for my trial na din with her.

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2016, 01:53:18 pm »
Hi sis Chilli, hahaha baka racist siya  >:( hehe jk baka she's busy lang or something (who knows) but blessing in disguise din for you since maganda make-up mo w/ Ish  ;D

Now that you mentioned it...napansin ko din yun. Maganda the before and after transformation on her ig but on the actual and SDE parang kulang. Parang they were a bit flat. I had 3 friends who got her for their wedding parang I didn't really feel the 'blushing bride' factor on the actual unlike pag Albert Kurniawan or Mickey See ang gumawa parang glowing talaga.




pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2016, 03:44:27 pm »
^ OMG I can relate sayo princessshayera I was so frustrated din recently with an HMUA we were supposed to book for our engagement shoot! I even blogged about it kasi nakakainis lang. The thing is we inquired for a certain date, talked about it for a few days to be sure na ok yung date, gave up yung ibang HMUAs that we considered, confirmed the date with our other suppliers for the prenup and when we were supposed to pay the deposit na, bigla niya sinabi na she's booked na pala on that day! Na overlooked daw niya kasi natabunan sa FB messages niya. Worst, it was just pencil booked! Nauna lang sa amin a few weeks. So we asked her if that's final na ba with the other girl kasi yung sa amin, fixed na lahat siya na lang inaantay. Then she said she'll talk to the other girl if confirmed na daw ba but the girl asked for an extension since she's an ofw. My fiance and I talked about it.. So we waited for a week kasi we really wanted her services. Anyway we thought medyo matagal pa naman prenup namin. Then when the due date came, we reconfirmed kung ano na ba. The following day ba siya ng reply by saying the girl was asking for another extension.. 2 days pa daw from the original due date. Siyempre medyo nainis na ako so I said nagiging unfair na siya sa amin since it's not our fault in the first place. We voluntarily waited kasi we wanted her team. Tapos pag aantayin uli kami? At this point my fiance and I felt like kami nag hahabol sa HMUA. I know they're busy and they probably had other customers but hindi siya professional makipag deal sa client. What's more worst was she replied the following day pa while telling us na may contract na pala siya with the other girl! Yung date lang daw ang pencil booked! Seriously, sino ba ang hindi maiinis dun? We waited for a week thinking we had a chance since wala pa sila contract tapos malalaman namin na meron na pala?! From that point on my fiance told me maghanap na ng iba dahil annoying na masyado. So when I was about to reply by saying were done na, ayun she saved face by saying ok na yung other girl. As if we care! She apologized naman blah blah but the damage has been done. Sana she should have told us earlier na may contract na sila para nakapag move on agad kami.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »
@princess shayera - I actually inquired with Cherry Pacheco. I didn't know her and I believe I kind of insulted her.  I asked her kasi if she does entourage make-up,  and asked for her rate.  I was just seen zoned. hehe.  I had no idea she's a big name sa makeup industry. Sorry naman. hehe.

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2016, 04:52:42 pm »
Sis pinaydiospora, nakakaloka naman si MUA. And to think na hinhintay niyo pa siya...tsk tsk...Sana she could have told you earlier para you could have moved on to other HMUAs...May I ask kung sino yan?

Sis Missus O, Yes, Cherry Pacheco is very big in the Chinese market. Basta pag wedding hmua Cherry Pacheco kaagad even w/o checking her portfolio (kaya siguro she got impatient w/ me with all my questions haha). She's very good w/ Chinita eyes kasi but I think best pa rin w/ chinita eyes are Mickey See and Albert Kurniawan. Pero diba a little bit of humility wouldn't hurt anyone. Na seen zone din niya ako at times. Like Albert Kurniawan is also very famous and yet very friendly and courteous, nag usap pa nga kami over the phone because sick yung assistant niya and even gave feedback and tips w/ other suppliers, sadly ang mahal talaga niya haha.

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2016, 06:12:29 pm »
^ It was Gerly. Mataas pa naman din expectations ko sa kanya. Nakaka disappoint lang. Anyway it's done already.

I inquired with Cherry Pacheco din before since she was recommended by a friend, though masyado lang siya expensive plus hindi din naman ako na-wow sa gawa niya. Her rate starts 7k for entourage per head.

I know we need their services pero sana naman they should be more professional in handling their prospective clients. Besides were paying din naman and the work is not for free. Just a thought.

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2016, 07:21:40 pm »
sis pinaydiaspora, Gerly of Glow by Gerly?
Nakakasad naman ang experience mo with her. She was my pre-nup stylist and never naman akong nagkaproblema with any of my communications with her. Lagi naman siyang  prompt sumagot sa messages ko. And very happy naman ako sa naging itsura ko sa prenup namin.

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2016, 08:23:55 pm »
^ Yes sis peachlipstick, unfortunately. Kaya nga I was really disappointed and couldn't help but vent out. She was really highly recommended but I'm still sad that it happened. I have no intention na siraan siya but since this forum has helped me a lot I wanted other future brides like me to know that these things do happen. Maybe not with her anymore but possibly with some other suppliers. So just be aware na lang when communicating with suppliers for their availability, etc.

cristia

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2016, 01:20:12 pm »
sis pinaydiaspora and princesshayera I know how you feel. I also had a bad encounter recently with my supposed to be make up artist! I had my trial done with this beauty queen / celebrity make up artist two months ago. The day after I texted them, him and his secretary that I will book na they said they will send me the contract tomorrow together with the bank details to where I will deposit. That never happened....so I kept texting them, following up the details so I can reserve na. I thought he was just super busy so I gave him time... which is for me is a lot already. I decided to call them na and the reason for the delay was HE WAS NOT SURE YET IF HE WILL BE AVAILABLE on my date because of a very important event and person. I was very disappointed because as a client I had the right to know this, I wish they told me honestly about the situation rather not reply to my texts and emails.  What if late na nila sinabi na hindi pala pwede and wala na ako makuha na gusto ko na make up artist diba? I told them I will just look for another make up artist. Anyway obviously  I am not his priority. So yeah communication is very important!

To all future brides  who are planning to get high profile make up artists, I  think celebrity/ beauty queen or not, we should all be treated equally and with respect! there...stress released!!! ;) ;)

blueberry14

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »
I also had a bad experience with Glow by Gerly. She was still free for our date when I inquired. I already asked for her payment details kasi I want to book her na. Tapos seenzoned lang ako. Then after one week, nagreply sya na her other client moved her wedding date sa date ng kasal namin. If nagreply sya sa akin about her bank details, nabook ko na sana sya. Hindi na sana nakapagpa-move yung other client nya on our wedding date if she had let me book her agad.

Baka hindi lang talaga sya organized sa mga clients niya kaya magulo siya. Sayang kasi ganda pa naman ng portfolio nya. Pero blessing in disguise na din siguro. Baka magkanda-loko loko pa kapag lagi syang nakakalimot.

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 16
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2016, 02:20:52 pm »
Sisses, how much ba yung usual rate ngayon ng hmua for pre-nup? And usual OOT fee (Rizal)?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close