watch now

Author Topic: change of career path  (Read 2367 times)

kaiz

  • Guest
change of career path
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »
hi everyone. hope you can enlighten me. i am a cpa working in an lgu as head of the accounting department. office politics sobra and reports are mostly for compliance lang. nakakawalang challenge and sometimes even dignity. im considering of applying in the nbi, what do you think po? im a mother of 2 by the way, separated.

chichi143

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 04:50:03 pm »
Hello sis! I am not a career advisor or an expert in any ways but I will try to help as someone who is in need of a career change too.

My advice? Just go ahead and try applying.
Start. You'll never know what lies on the other side of the fence. hahaha

Government office pa but i'm not sure regarding the work ethics you know.
There will be politics everywhere pero if the current workplace is really stressing you out, then by all means try. Check pros and cons. If mas madaming pros, go! :)


:)

bomfalleralla

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:27:26 pm »
I think what's more important is you're not happy with the job that you have right now. Dun palang, I support trying something else. :)

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:10:35 am »
thanks sisses. i have a friend na head na din pero sa pnp naman sya. he encouraged me din before pa, mas challenging daw work sa law enforcement.

naisip ko lang kasi, what if matanggap ako (positive shempre lol), my kids and I need to relocate if ever :(

aktib

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »
Hi po I need advice din. I am an IT(computer programming) 5 years exp. I want to change into project management or business analyst for money and challenge. Kailangan ko na mag upgrade. How can I start? Also this is not my long term plan, Im 25 now, pero pag nag ka family ako gusto ko mag business sa pinas. What should I do? should I prepare for entrepreneurship or study for project management?

bomfalleralla

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 05:51:29 pm »
thanks sisses. i have a friend na head na din pero sa pnp naman sya. he encouraged me din before pa, mas challenging daw work sa law enforcement.

naisip ko lang kasi, what if matanggap ako (positive shempre lol), my kids and I need to relocate if ever :(

Huwag ka na manghinayang over the lost time, sis. What matters is you're willing to make the necessary changes in your life now. Medyo mahirap nga talaga kapag na-uproot ang kids though. :(

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 11:03:44 am »
^actually preparing my papers now for application. application pa lang excited na ako

chichi143

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »
yey!! cheers to career changes!

I am also undergoing the same thing. I am thinking of trying my luck on a different industry instead of going back to the same one after I just resigned from my previous company last week.

Goodluck to us!

twotrickpony

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 02:16:45 am »
I'm having the same dilemma too. I've been practicing HR for the last 3 years (going 4) of my entire career. I want to take up a Master's for Counseling (Psych grad). Medyo hesitant ako kasi what if hindi mag work? Tapos parang hindi masyadong matunog yung career na yun dito sa Pinas. And I'm actually a candidate for a promotion na on July. Pero grabe gusto ko talaga :( Natatakot ako magkamali.

naddie99

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 06:56:11 pm »
A change of career path can never be too late naman e and as long as you feel in your heart na yun na yung tamang daan or na para it's time for you to move on to the next chapter of your life e go for it. Ako din e kinda need some advice kung okay lang to pursue the call center industry

chichi143

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 04:41:36 am »
A change of career path can never be too late naman e and as long as you feel in your heart na yun na yung tamang daan or na para it's time for you to move on to the next chapter of your life e go for it. Ako din e kinda need some advice kung okay lang to pursue the call center industry


oh do you have questions about it? i've been in the industry for almost 9 years. I can help. :)

delleamor

  • Guest
Re: change of career path
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 11:20:16 am »
I graduated engineer and I loved what I accomplished before I graduated. But then, communication ang calling ko pala. I'm a call center agent for years na and I've never regret not pursuing what I finished in college. I kind of miss the unending formulas though lol.

Mga sis, it was hard at first kasi for so many years you've been studying something then just drop it because you found what you really love doing. Kaysa naman do something that you don't want to do, di ba?

Suggest ko lang mga sis, if you are not happy with what you're doing or even doubting it, then you must really think hard of what you really want. Then decide.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close