Baby story time!
My last appt was at 38+4, just my regular biophysical and NST. I was supposed to meet my assigned Doctor for that week to discuss induction on my 40th week but he got called at L&D to deliver babies so the technician went to find out what I needed to do prior to my 39th week check up. She came back with order from the doctor that I will be scheduled for induction on April 3rd, to my surprise. The reason being was I'm in the high risk category due to the following: maternal age, high blood pressure (white coat syndrome), GBS positive & baby has 2 vessel cord.
Arrived at the hospital Sunday night at 8, changed into gown and got prepped for monitoring. Doctor that night was the same doc I was supposed to see. He talked to me why I was being induced and signed some consent forms for blood transfusion and emergency c-section, then checked my cervix if I was dilated - 1 cm. and inserted a balloon catheter to ripen my cervix. Told to get some rest and induction procedure will start next morning.
Had breakfast at 7am, started low dosage of pitocin, bag of IV and bag of antibiotic for GBS at 830 while being monitored with baby's heartbeat and contractions. Wasn't allowed to eat anymore. By 230, pitocin was bumped up and another dose of antibiotics were given, cervix was checked - 5 cm dilated already! I was asked about my birth plan and told them I'm going all natural, normal delivery without pain medication but I'll keep epidural in mind. Midwife who checked my cervix asked me if I wanted my bag of water broken and I said yes and so she did and warm water gushed all over the bed

The balloon catheter was taken out before my water broke. At this point I was just waiting for the major contractions to start and it did not disappoint.
By 430ish the contractions are getting stronger, level of pain was 10 and I can't get a break anymore from the contractions. I've done all the oohs and aahs, squeezed my hubby's hand so tight to the point of hurting him already, and since he asked what he can do for me I told him to stop talking to me while I'm dealing with major pains

Each peak of contractions feels like somebody was dropping a bomb in my belly and I wanted to drop a bomb from my behind too lol. Then I decided to tell the nurse I was ready to push, she was a little hesitant so she checked my cervix and felt where the baby's head was. I had to keep telling her I'm ready to push so she finally called a back up, midwife came in checked my cervix again then went out of the room. Few minutes later, Doctor came in, nurses from NICU, tables where being prepped and I'm still telling them I want to push lol. Finally, Doctor gave me the go signal, instructed me how I'm going to do it and there I was pushing like I wanted

After 5 pushes, my baby boy was out at 5:15pm. Nobody took pictures while I was delivering because everybody was busy attending to me including my hubby, but he got to see how the baby came out, cut the cord and he was so proud of me doing it without any medication.
I did skin to skin and I was able to bond with my baby, the feeling was unexplainable! Then they did a lot of tests, baby's sugar level and temperature was lower than normal so he has to be monitored and has to meet certain score. Stayed at the birthing suite until I was ready to take a shower before they send me to our room. 48 hours later, we were discharged.
Sorry for the long post, I'm still in disbelief I'm a mom now and my labor went really well. So, good luck to all of you sissies who will go through the pain of labor - it's all worth it.