watch now

Author Topic: Cure/Treatment for Melasma  (Read 7366 times)

karla1o

  • Guest
Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:57:57 pm »
Hi sisses! I got this skin discoloration around my lips, darker than the rest of my face. My former derma told me that it's probably melasma. I've read that Belo offers a treatment for it: http://www.belomed.com/news/finally-a-cure-for-melasma-been-waiting-for-a-machine-like-picosure-for-the-last-25-years-patients-are-happy-so-now
Buuuut it's so expensive and i'm not even sure if it really works. (around 70k for 5 sessions)
Can you suggest a cheaper alternative?  :(

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »
Try mo muna hydroquinone 2% and chemical peels like lactic na maliit concentration.

Or kung gusto mo talaga laser, brands na kalaban ng Revlite na mas mura. I had sessions using Lutronic Spectra (isa sa kalaban) and nabawasan talaga brown spots ko. If not effective ang kalaban, Revlite na lang or much better to consult with a dermatologist.

I don't know kung meron sa Pilipinas, John Plunkett Super Fade Cream,(has 2% hydroquinone and salicylic acid), 2 weeks pa lang I noticed some lightening of my brown spots and hindi ako namula dito. Nagbalik loob ako sa hydroquinone na hindi maganda effect sa akin noon kaya lang mahal kasi monthly lasers hinto muna.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:52:53 am »
Following this thread. My mom has this and it pisses her off a lot.
She got bleaching creams from the derma and parang nagfade..
but when she stopped, it came back. maintenance ba din yung lasers? Or baka maniniwala na ba ako sa forever? ;D

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:47:44 pm »
Yes maintenance din ang lasers and creams.

My sister had Picosure too last year; her pigmentation lightened a bit. Pero nagpabaya siya by not putting on sunblock and the nightly tyrosinase inhibitor provided by Belo, so bumalik din siya after 3 months. Now she's having glycolic peel and a non-hydroquinone serum but not religiously, she's just wasting her money.

I think it's either you do lasers or creams/serums or you do both at the same time, whichever works for you. I started with creams/serums, then lasers, after 2 months, both, now back to creams/serums.

OD

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 12:26:04 am »
Hi sis ataypool! How may sessions of Lutronic Spectra have you had when you noted an improvement of the pigmentations? And how as the discoloration like? Minute spots lang ba? Have you ever tried obagi?

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:13:05 am »
^Improvement after 3 sessions if I base it on the darkest and the biggest brown spot located on the right upper cheek. Size noon was half of a 5 centavo coin. After that 3 sessions naging 3/4 of its previous size, ngayon naman just 1/3 remaining. First 4 sessions nag-stop ako ng skincare routine ko then the therapist said bibilis kung lagyan ko ng mga Vitamin A and C serums. I must have done 8 sessions. Re Obagi, meron akong ZO Brightalive 3 weeks ago ko lang nagamit; surprisingly good. Hininto ko muna kasi gusto ko muna itong John Plunkett gamitin.

karla1o

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 07:01:47 pm »
thank you for your suggestion sis ataypool!

waste of money din pala if magpapatreatment na super expensive & walang maintenance :/

I'll try to ask my derma about Revlite :)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Cure/Treatment for Melasma
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 03:31:33 am »
thank you sa tips sis ataypool. I just need to convince my mom na maintenance talaga hehe. tamad  yun eh haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close